Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Warns: Golovkin Fighting in June Derails Canelo Bout!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
    Who gives a **** what people think let him do what he wants. Do you ask people what they want to see from your career?
    Good post lol

Comment

• Originally posted by NYG View Post
      Lol lesser star? Outside of a few mexican people, everybody thinks Canelo is a ***** for dropping his belt to GGG. And that accomplishment is actually a good one, not too many times you see all the belts with one fighter.

To be honest, it doesnt matter if he ever fights Canelo. GGG is a good fighter and so is Canelo. They can both never fight but people will always remember that Canelo gave GGG his belt, nothing else.

If there was an actual 15 million dollar offer, i would gave signed it if i was GGG but there is something weird with that offer, might have never been on the table.
      Canelo's PPV totals vs GGG's clearly show that GGG is the lesser star. That's not even an argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
        Who gives a **** what people think let him do what he wants. Do you ask people what they want to see from your career?
        GGG can do whatever he wants in his career. He and his fans just need to stop b1tching and moaning when he doesn't get the big fights he claims he wants.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
          Canelo's PPV totals vs GGG's clearly show that GGG is the lesser star. That's not even an argument.
          Try to talk like a fan, you arent a promoter so i dont give a **** about sales or PPV numbers. Talk boxing.

Why did Canelo give up his belt to GGG? Didnt he want to grow into the weight? But he's a fighting an even bigger guy in Chavez? Maybe Oscar and his team doesnt want the GGG fight? Putting their top guy in the ring is a big risk to them which is BS in my opinion because if they fight and Canelo loses by decision, would anyone look at him bad? Same goes for GGG. If either boxer loses to either guy, i dont think it would hurt their careers at all

Comment

• I agree with Oscar. So in order to stay consistent, Canelo should not fight Chavez in June. You know, Canelo might get cut, or dropped, or hurt a hand and jeopardize a September fight with GGG. Smh...

Comment

• Originally posted by NYG View Post
              Try to talk like a fan, you arent a promoter so i dont give a **** about sales or PPV numbers. Talk boxing.

Why did Canelo give up his belt to GGG? Didnt he want to grow into the weight? But he's a fighting an even bigger guy in Chavez? Maybe Oscar and his team doesnt want the GGG fight? Putting their top guy in the ring is a big risk to them which is BS in my opinion because if they fight and Canelo loses by decision, would anyone look at him bad? Same goes for GGG. If either boxer loses to either guy, i dont think it would hurt their careers at all
              Why not talk A-side/B-side and the business of boxing? GGG didn't mind talking about it when it came to fighting Ward.

As for Canelo giving up the belt, then fighting the bigger Chavez Jr. Its very similar to how GGG was willing to fight Jr and Froch at 168. But would only fight Ward at 164. Chavez Jr is a bigger name and bigger fight than GGG. So Canelo was willing to make concessions.

Comment

Why doesn't GGG just hold off Saunders in June. Try and negotiate with Canelo on Sept? And if it falls through, Saunders will still be there to fight on Sept.
                It will fall through. Didn't you just post the suggested narrative from GBP (push the fight to 2018)? Oscar wants to get Golovkin even older. 35 is not enough for him...

Overall GBP is not the side one shall put the trust in. Fight for the belt and if Canelo wants to fight GGG, he will fight in September. If he does not want to fight GGG, he will find a reason, does not matter if GGG will fight Saunders or not. For instance - Chavez fight was such a success, that "fans" demand a do-over. This is where your services will be required once again, because you will pose as one of those "fans"...

Comment

GGG can do whatever he wants in his career. He and his fans just need to stop b1tching and moaning when he doesn't get the big fights he claims he wants.
                  He, he's the reason the fight didn't happen. He should just sit back and hope Canelo is for real this time.

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  Why not talk A-side/B-side and the business of boxing? GGG didn't mind talking about it when it came to fighting Ward.

As for Canelo giving up the belt, then fighting the bigger Chavez Jr. Its very similar to how GGG was willing to fight Jr and Froch at 168. But would only fight Ward at 164. Chavez Jr is a bigger name and bigger fight than GGG. So Canelo was willing to make concessions.
                  They never offered Ward jack. Three different fights over the span of two years.

I don't recall ggg v Ward ever being a big fight. GGG going to 168 and getting a title, vacating it so he didn't gave to fight Ward. Oh, after calling Ward into the ring.

I can only imagine what ggg haters would say if he had done anything like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    In that case they should cancel the Alvarez/Chavez fight.
                    I just realized the Chavez fight is not next week! I thought it was and discovered it was May so yes, you are right.

Comment

• Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
                      It will fall through. Didn't you just post the suggested narrative from GBP (push the fight to 2018)? Oscar wants to get Golovkin even older. 35 is not enough for him...

Overall GBP is not the side one shall put the trust in. Fight for the belt and if Canelo wants to fight GGG, he will fight in September. If he does not want to fight GGG, he will find a reason, does not matter if GGG will fight Saunders or not. For instance - Chavez fight was such a success, that "fans" demand a do-over. This is where your services will be required once again, because you will pose as one of those "fans"...
                      I have no intentions of ordering or attending Canelo-Jr. So I don't get where I would fall in the category. I just keep **** 100. I never said GBP and Canelo weren't full of ****. They clearly are. But I don't feel any sympathy for GGG, because he played the same games when the risk/reward wasn't worth it. I also feel like GGG for whatever reason thinks he can call shots with a bigger star in Canelo. GGG's side knows the business of boxing. They know Canelo is the A-side. They know they're gonna have to play ball to get the fight. So by them not being willing to play ball. It makes me wonder if they genuinely want the fight as much as they say they do. Because GGG isn't nearly as big a favorite over Canelo as his fans think he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X