Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: IBF: If Nobody Agrees, Beterbiev Will Face Ward-Kovalev Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aboutfkntime...

No one is in front of Beterbiev in the IBF ratings ... Even Kovalev is #3 since his loss... I heard they have 9 months once the IBF decision is made to give the mando a shot ... Rematch or not they will have to give Beterbiev a title fight , be it a legit one or a vacant/interim fight if they have to ...

BTW Kovalev should take the opportunity and fight Beterbiev to keep busy, get some positive vibes and who knows paint Ward in a corner... Won't happen though because of the high risk Beterbiev represents...

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
      aboutfkntime...

No one is in front of Beterbiev in the IBF ratings ... Even Kovalev is #3 since his loss... I heard they have 9 months once the IBF decision is made to give the mando a shot ... Rematch or not they will have to give Beterbiev a title fight , be it a legit one or a vacant/interim fight if they have to ...

BTW Kovalev should take the opportunity and fight Beterbiev to keep busy, get some positive vibes and who knows paint Ward in a corner... Won't happen though because of the high risk Beterbiev represents...

if that is true - and I have no reason to doubt you - then he should be mandatory to Ward..... no question

but if the IBF were to DEMAND that fight happen before the Ward/Kovalev rematch, then I stand by my earlier comments.....

the IBF should never be respected/considered, ever again

the fight to make at LHW is OBVIOUSLY Ward/Kovalev

if they disagree, then they are strictly second-rate

Kovalev/Ward is OBVIOUSLY the best fight to make at LHW for boxing, if the IBF think that their version of the rules > boxing, then they should never be taken seriously ever again

they could help themselves by not pretending that they are the ONLY official sanctioning body, and they could help themselves by using some common-sense in favor of blindly following an inappropriate set of rules that could simply/easily be changed/amended.....

..... who the fk do they think they are, dictating to the other sanctioning bodies and champions, they should be more reasonable..... it's not like they are Team Golovkin or anything

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Suspended by who?

And how has he breached the contract?
        IF he doesnt rematch Kovalev by june. Suspension in an ideal world, stripped and a fine more likely.
        Last edited by SplitSecond; 03-24-2017, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Well, if Kov gets lucky and somehow gets by Ward, we know he will vacate this belt at least. Haymon will just outbid Kathy and then Kov will cry how he worships HBO and won't fight on any other network. If Kov ever regains a belt, all the #1 contender has to do is outbid him and say Showtime is airing the fight and bam! Kov will vacate.

Ward will beat Kov AGAIN, then Beterbiev and then Superman. Then he can retire and always be remembered as one of the top p4p fighters of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            hope this fight wont happen i cant wait for this fight, and cant wait to hear the excuses of the demographic after. theres gonna be a whole new batch of crawford fans appearing the week after i suspect
            It stinks that our beloved sport has such classless fans. This guy should be ashamed of himself as a man. You're a poor representation and you make other fans look boorish. I point you out but there are many more just like you. It's sad because your type are becoming the standard around here.

Comment

Beterbiev isn't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
                It stinks that our beloved sport has such classless fans. This guy should be ashamed of himself as a man. You're a poor representation and you make other fans look boorish. I point you out but there are many more just like you. It's sad because your type are becoming the standard around here.
                dont hate the poster, hate the game....

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  IF he doesnt rematch Kovalev by june. Suspension in an ideal world, stripped and a fine more likely.
                  Well he still might fight him. Likely in June it seems.

There's no one to suspend him though is there.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Well he still might fight him. Likely in June it seems.

There's no one to suspend him though is there.
                    Yeah I don't think the sanctioning body concerns themselves with specific contractual agreements between the fighters generally (catchweights, rematch clauses etc).

But it would open Ward to litigation.

Comment

Originally posted by lex_fugitive View Post
                      Well, if Kov gets lucky and somehow gets by Ward, we know he will vacate this belt at least. Haymon will just outbid Kathy and then Kov will cry how he worships HBO and won't fight on any other network. If Kov ever regains a belt, all the #1 contender has to do is outbid him and say Showtime is airing the fight and bam! Kov will vacate.

Ward will beat Kov AGAIN, then Beterbiev and then Superman. Then he can retire and always be remembered as one of the top p4p fighters of all time.
                      you mean if kov gets unlucky again and they rob him again? kov offered beterbiev 500k to fight him and he ducked the fight. hes still figthing for 200k years later. kov also offered stevenson 50-50(same offer as the purse bid) but stevenson refused to fight so you cant blame kov for other people not wanting to fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X