Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook: Spence Has Hype Like Lacy - I'll Bully Him, I'll Be a Beast!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    Forgetting Crawford?

I think having a fight in the UK is becoming a rite of passage for American fighters at this point. Bradley, Crawford, Wilder, Spence and Davis are five of the best known active American fighters and they all had or will have a bout over here (plus Ward was pretty keen on rematching Froch in London at one point)
    Crawford! I knew I forgot one.

Fair play to him. And Davis as well.

I think know there is money to be had so hopefully the top fighters travel. It's good for the sport.

If Spence and Davis win over here it says a lot about them.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      English/Welsh vs a young black American always get the Lacy treatment.

Ward and Dirrell got Lacy'ed in the Super 6 predictions as well. Kessler, Froch and Abraham were #1, 2, and 3 favorites.
      They were the favorites because they were all current or former world champions and had been in with good competition. Dirrell and Ward were young, talented, but unproven at that time. It was not some sign of disrespect.
      Last edited by DreamerUSA; 03-22-2017, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
        They were the favorites because they were all current or former world champions and had been in with good competition. Dirrell and Ward were young, talented, but unproven at that time. It was some sign of disrespect.
        Taylor was a former world champ, been in with the best at the time, he was 6th place to win the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          exactly, its not like people have him top 10 pfp, besides atlas. But you listen to brook or GG fans and theyll tell you everyone says spence is pfp #1
          It is the Same Reason why UK fans are high on Anthony Joshua, Callum Smith, Anthony Yarde and many other young up and coming guys in the UK who "Haven't Fought Anybody"

Not a fighter in boxing history who wasn't that "Haven't Fought Anybody" Guy before. Ali was once that guy going into the first Liston Fight when people thought "It Was Too Soon" "Ali Isn't Ready" "Ali Hasn't Fought Anybody". Mayweather was once that guy gong in with Diego Corrales and you can go back and LISTEN to Lampley, George Foreman and Larry Merchant during that Broadcast! Ray Leonard going into the Wilfredo Benitez fight was that "Haven't Fought Anybody Guy". Can't forget the Super 6 disrespect as well go look at the old Super 6 Press conference videos on youtube in the Comment Section people thought Abraham or Froch would dominate that Tournament giving ZERO RESPECT to Ward and Dirrell. Ward and Dirrell was also the "Haven't Fought Anybody" guys as well basically laughing at them

We find out what is what May 27th! I like both fighters, been a brook fan BEFORE MANY finally started paying attention to him. Spence Jr heard about even BEFORE the Olympics 2012 based off of his Amateur Career he was highly touted. It is a great match up but the Jeff Lacy stuff is a REACH for ANYTHING!
          Last edited by sicko; 03-22-2017, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Taylor was a former world champ, been in with the best at the time, he was 6th place to win the tourney.
            That was about right for Taylor at the time, no?

Bookies can only really go off form.

Hence why Spence is actually favorite for this fight even with bookies in the U.K.

Comment

And look what he did the two years prior to the Super Six and you'll know why.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                And look what he did the two years prior to the Super Six and you'll know why.
                I know Taylor's career, I followed it, he's my 2nd fave after RJJ. But you said that Kessler, Froch, AA were favored because they were former champs and the competition they've faced.

Comment

Yaaaawn. That Lacy line is so cliche.

Comment

This is gonna be a great fight

I really can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
                      Spence wins by knockout. Brook needs to think again if he thinks he can bully Spence. He couldn't do that to Porter who is 5'3 so how can he do that against Spence who is bigger than him?
                      Porter isn't 5"3. He's like 5'7-5'8.

Comment

Working...
                      X