• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh, it made money

Fact is that Canelo and Joshua are the only draws in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      K2 could of let this go to purse bid or given the fight to Haymon to stage on Showtime outright. Showtime was willing to pay for it. CBS/Showtime paid Thurman/Garcia 4m in fight purses. GGG/Jacobs only made 4.25m. And even if you take a little less it's better then forcing a fight on PPV and it being a disaster like this that hurts GGG's stock. Back to back PPV busts will certainly be used against them in Canelo negotiations and HBO probably never gives GGG a PPV again. Could of avoided this by letting the fight go to Showtime and let them pay to keep it away from PPV.

GGG wants to be paid and act like a PPV star but he can't produce like one. This is what fans like myself been saying and his fans who say things like he needs 50/50 or even 40/60 from Canelo. Demanding more then 15m SMH
      CBS/Showtime didn't pay for Thurman-Garcia, the time was bought. But your overall premise is right. I will say that Espinoza said he was interested in buying GGG-Jacobs but wouldn't pay more than $3m. He may have said $4m and I didn't hear right but I don't think so. Either way, wasn't worth that much to them.

Comment

Great phuckin news!!!!

Feels good to see this POS flop again! Love it.

I wonder if Ca$hnelo & Triple C (Cash Cow Chavez) will do more PPV's. Any of you bums want to bet your house???

Ha hahhaa. Fantastic news.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 97K PPVs View Post
          Great phuckin news!!!!

I wonder if Ca$hnelo & Triple C (Cash Cow Chavez) will do more PPV's. Any of you bums want to bet your house???

Great, now we get to see how dumb Mexicans are

How ****ing stupid do you have to be to buy the Duck vs the Scrub instead of 2 good fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
            Great, now we get to see how dumb Mexicans are

How ****ing stupid do you have to be to buy the Duck vs the Scrub instead of 2 good fights?
            well as long as K2 and Golovkin acknowledged fighting a scrub at 168 because it made financial sense then I doubt Mexicans care that they're not the only ones who are stupid?!

karma!

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
              Yet Canelo fought Liam Smith...like ~400k PPV.
              220k, if youre gunna use Glasers 97k number for Golovkin at least do the same with Canelo numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                220k, if youre gunna use Glasers 97k number for Golovkin at least do the same with Canelo numbers
                Nope. Canelo fought unknown Smith in Vegas and still had more than twice the buys while Gennady fought Lemieux and Jacobs in their backyards...no buys.

What's the common theme here? I don't have any training in special education so I might not be able to explain this at a level you can understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 97K PPVs View Post
                  Great phuckin news!!!!

Well you can actually still buy seats for the lil g v Jacobs fight because it NEVER sold out. Obviously the "PPV" aspect also bombed.

Anyhow, Ca$hnelo's megafight w/ Triple C is already S O L D OUT. PPV's may very well reach 1 million for this fight. Most lil g fans can't count that high so they won't understand that it is significantly more than lil g's fights. I kind of feel bad for them tbh

Comment

A rematch would be huge and do double that I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                      Well you can actually still buy seats for the lil g v Jacobs fight because it NEVER sold out. Obviously the "PPV" aspect also bombed.

Anyhow, Ca$hnelo's megafight w/ Triple C is already S O L D OUT. PPV's may very well reach 1 million for this fight. Most lil g fans can't count that high so they won't understand that it is significantly more than lil g's fights. I kind of feel bad for them tbh
                      I don't think they care.

Comment

Working...
                      X