Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: No Robbery at MSG, But Golovkin's Future Plans are Criminal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was reading your article and all i could think about was why this makes no sense. You ask why GGG would want to be unified champion in his division rather than rematch somebody he just barely beat on saturday. Perhaps you should try to gain the mentality of a champion who is looking to history to remember his achievements...not how much money lined his bank accounts. You say that he is rolling along picking up "paper belts" instead of saying defeating "paper champions". Unifying actually improves boxing...it seperates the paper from the real...and forces anybody who wants the belts to have to follow lineage. How many splintered champions spend time avoiding real challenges just cashing out. Billy Joe Saunders is a classic example and the sooner golovkin removes him from the picture the better. Because if canelo gets that belt...unification goes out the window for another 10 years...and the money masters who now run boxing will just continue to feed the fans shet fight after shet fight. Its the bug bear of all boxing fans...no true champions.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Let's get a few things out of the way. I scored Saturday night's fight 114-113 in favor of Danny Jacobs, but in no way do I believe contrary to many of the social media troll persuasion that the word "robbery" in any way applies to the goings-on at the world's most famous midtown Manhattan arena. It was a close fight with a lot of close rounds. Shade a few of them in the opposite direction and you have yourself a different, albeit just as fair, result...
      [Click Here To Read More]

this writer, NAILED IT !!

nice article Mr Fitzsimmons, props to you Sir

not one mention of that super-****ty WBA regular title

the following, is gold.....

"You want to save boxing and bring it back to some semblance of public consciousness, have your champions -- like Triple-G, in this case -- stop this "I need all the belts" nonsense. It's an easy path to easy fights, rather than forcing him to pursue greatness with another Jacobs fight, or by moving up."

aboutfkntime someone called out GGG on his bullshht

this journalist retained his honesty and integrity, how about some of you other hacks do the same

Comment

113-114 for Jacobs. Jacobs deserves an immediate rematch. Nobody cares about the bjs fight (which probably wouldn't go through in the end anyway). The Canelo fight ain't happening. Watch them try to make the bjs fight and when that falls through they will bring in another no hoper. And if you think bjs has a chance against ggg, well I respectfully disagree with your dumb ass.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
          I guess we will see how high the public demand actually Is once the numbers for the first fight are released.
          No the demand came the moment the judges read their scores. GGG has been getting killed since then and the backlash will be huge if he pulls a salka. Floyd gave both Castillo and maidana direct rematches. And Jacobs was his biggest fight that's GGGs words. Well many feel you lost your biggest fight. And he's not avoiding it for a bigger better fight. He is fighting a bum no one cares about for another belt that means NOTHING to 99% of fans.

When his fans cry why isn't GGG getting more love decisions like this is why.

Comment

Originally posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
            Golovkin is already appearing at the expo with a fight. this has been planned for years. You think Jacobs is willing to go to Kazakhstan?

Clickbait article with zero substance.

what a lame reason to approve yet another ****ty fight, against yet another no-hoper opponent..... while racking up "title" defences

so what about WhogivesA****istan?

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
              I had Jacobs winning a close competitive fight, but it was no robbery. I honestly think it should be a new middleweight champion right now in Daniel Jacobs.
              All 3 judges agreed on 8 rds:
              - 1, 4,5 ,8, 9 for Gennady
              - 6, 10 , 11 for Jacobs

You can rewtach those and they indeed were scored fairly and correctly.

For Jacobs to win 114-113, you would need to score for him ALL remaining 4 close rds.

While doing that, you need to remember he was the one circling and backing up while being the challenger.

I see no justification for it whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                I was reading your article and all i could think about was why this makes no sense. You ask why GGG would want to be unified champion in his division rather than rematch somebody he just barely beat on saturday. Perhaps you should try to gain the mentality of a champion who is looking to history to remember his achievements...not how much money lined his bank accounts. You say that he is rolling along picking up "paper belts" instead of saying defeating "paper champions". Unifying actually improves boxing...it seperates the paper from the real...and forces anybody who wants the belts to have to follow lineage. How many splintered champions spend time avoiding real challenges just cashing out. Billy Joe Saunders is a classic example and the sooner golovkin removes him from the picture the better. Because if canelo gets that belt...unification goes out the window for another 10 years...and the money masters who now run boxing will just continue to feed the fans shet fight after shet fight. Its the bug bear of all boxing fans...no true champions.
                The writer is saying who you beat means more than paper titles. Any real boxing fan would agree. Golovkin has been using paper titles as excuses to fight easy fights for years. "He's my mandatory though", "All the belts". Blow Job Saunders is just another fight that does nothing for him.

Comment

Originally posted by epyh View Post
                  And why exactly does Jacobs deserve a rematch?
                  He was 5 years younger, came in 10-15 pounds heavier yet was following his corner's orders of "touch and go" and wouldn't engage Golovkin or take the title in a decisive manner.
                  Plus he got decked.

You would think Jacobs would go balls to the walls in the championship rounds, but he didn't exactly do that, did he?

Jacobs deserves a rematch down the road, but when you climb in the ring with the idea of surviving and scoring points, you've lost your right to complain if the decision escapes you.

By the way, the writter needs to learn to score rds; all 3 judges agreed on 8 rds: 5 for Gennady and 3 for Jacobs. For Jacobs to win, he would need to receive each remaining close rd.

because the result was controversial, and a lot of observers think he won

pretty standard stuff really
                  Last edited by aboutfkntime; 03-21-2017, 01:39 AM.

Comment

As someone who aint watched the fight yet it is probably safer for me to just keep my mouth shut as far as the result of the fight is concerned.

However, I do know that there is a ****** tendency of people crying robbery as soon as the 'bigger' fighter is even remotely challenged. Examples of this are Mayweather-Maidana 1 and Keith Thurman vs Shawn Porter. Ward vs Kovalev is also another example.

I'll wait till I watch the fight but I must say I wouldn't be surprised to find out that all this robbery crap is exactly that....crap.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      No one cares about khaza phuk stan. This is what GGG and his fans don't get. No one cares about a phony defense streak that started when he didn't even have the real belt. Counting fights when he was the jr belt holder really? Fans also don't care about him grabbing paper belts and getting awarded belts outside the ring. We tired of seeing him go the easy route wasting fights with the wades of the world and Saunders is another wade. Mr 154 or 168? Turned into only 160 and even when he has 2 bigger fights at 160 he still makes excuses to after lame fights fans don't care about. SMH

that is a terrible reason to approve yet another ****ty fight

if Golovkin fights yet another no-hoper in Whogivesafcukistan rather than rematch Jacobs, I will forever call him Hypekin

Comment

Working...
                      X