No announcement yet.

How much did jacobs weigh on fight night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
    Could have just been 171. Just because he wouldn't have made the 10 pound weight limit does it mean he was 20 pounds heavier.
    Technically true, but not realistic. Check the statement I quoted from Conte.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I thought Floyd won that fight myself.

Obviously in Floyd's case that wasn't the best he ever fought or the 1st time he stepped up in competition. As such, his body of work says more than struggling in that fight.

Now with Castillo, another fight imo he won, it revealed that his power wasn't as effective in a higher weight class so he needed to tweak his style and box more.
      Respect big Dunn

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
        Sucks to not want to cite Conte, and instead Heredia?

Golovin was 170 per HBO owns broadcast''s graphics. Danny was 176. 6 lbs difference. How much did they both weigh on fight night?
        was it conte? my bad, i was confused. guess i was thinking of chavez jr when i posted that comment.

Comment

Three, maybe four hundred lbs

GGG the goat jabbed his way to a decision over Danny "Valuev" Jacobs.

Comment

It wasn't enough for him to win.

Comment

If I had to guess I'd say around d 175lbs.

I have a hard time thinking Jacob's went from 159 to 185+ in 36 hours.
              That's difficult for me to believe.
              But even if he did, who really cares?
              As far as I'm concerned if a fighter can drain himself 25 lbs make weight and not have that massive weight gain affect him on fight night, that's an attribute the fighter has. And believe me if everyone could do that they would.

Comment

^^^ this is how GGG fans describe the fight.

cheating Jacobs needs to be fined for disrespecting the spot.

I guess this is what happens when your favorite fighter needs a gift against an 8-1 underdog. damage control.

listen to these clowns. so now if GGG's opponent don't weigh exactly the same as him fight night its unfair and cheating. yet these people call guys like Cotto and Canelo divas. and call guys like Floyd cowards! a guy that made a career beating dudes 15-20 lbs heavier than him on fight night.
                Last edited by DeLorean; 03-20-2017, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larry GGG View Post
                  Honestly who cares?? the guy you are mocking in your avy fought people 10-20 pounds bigger all the time.
                  Allegedly. As he didnt weigh in on fight night for his last 12-15 fights.

You seem to be a overly prideful
                  Watch it .

Rules are rules and jacobs broke them . He still lost that fight
                  Last night 8 rounds to 4 plus a knockdown . I had 1 swing round and if you give it to jacobs it was still 7-5 GGG plus a kockdown.

Straight shooter here

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                    Allegedly. As he didnt weigh in on fight night for his last 12-15 fights.

You seem to be a overly prideful
                    Watch it .

Rules are rules and jacobs broke them . He still lost that fight
                    Last night 8 rounds to 4 plus a knockdown . I had 1 swing round and if you give it to jacobs it was still 7-5 GGG plus a kockdown.

Straight shooter here
                    he did weigh in for the Ortiz and Canelo fight

i mean hell you how much he weighs 30 days before fights

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                      How many times has Jacobs fought in IBF''s procedure? He made the weight. How is his conduct any different than his WBA bouts?

Therefore what does it matter how much he weighed the second day when he's not breaking his usual WBA rule or now the WBC.

Before Lemieux (the IBF), has Gennady ever been over 10 pounds on fight night per HBO''s fight night weigh results?

Think about it!
                      I have no problem with DJ entering the ring 165 or 205 on fight night.
                      He respected the rules and made the right weight when he was asked too.

I do have a problem with weigh in taking place almost 48 hours before the fight.

Why not a week soon, then we might get finally Ward vs GGG for the middleweight crown ROFL.

Comment

Working...
                      X