Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chocolatito: I Won The Fight, I Want an Immediate Rematch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I've got no problem with him wanting a rematch, but I hope he doesn't think he has a great argument for winning the fight. He looked like the more talented fighter, but just wasn't working. Hard to make an argument for a guy that looks like he's only half there.
    Hope he does some soul searching about that performance.
    Agreed.

I think the fact that Roman is such a beautiful technician and a fight fans fighter lead people to give him rounds that he didn't actually win.

He's look wonderful for 30-45 seconds, throwing fluid combinations to the body, then spend the other 2 minutes backing up, getting hurt to the ribcage and being out worked.

I thought he lost by 2 points, and the point deduction was horseshit.

Comment

RG did win and I think he won by a comfortable margin. A rematch would be spot on but I feel this weight is too much for him and someone like Inoue, prime, young, hungry, hard hitting, would be a step too far.

RG should rematch, then fight Cuadras again and probably call it a day. Little fighters dont do well over 30.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... The strange fact is that CompuBox had Gonzalez landing about 200 more punches than the Thai...
        Did CompuBox see Chocolate boy land on his ass!

Comment

I hope Roman doesn't get a rematch, he didn't give Estrada and Cuadras one, why should he?

Comment

I dont think he is slipping. He is just fighting out of his most comfortable division which is 112. 3 lbs may not seem much but amongs these little guys, 3lbs can be crucial.

His punching power appears non existent. Imagine throwing and landing your best shots every round to little effect. He needs to move down.

Lot of fans think he can move up to 118-123? Lol yeah right. Yamanaka would murder him.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              RG did win and I think he won by a comfortable margin. A rematch would be spot on but I feel this weight is too much for him and someone like Inoue, prime, young, hungry, hard hitting, would be a step too far.

RG should rematch, then fight Cuadras again and probably call it a day. Little fighters dont do well over 30.
              Neither fighter won by a "comfortable margin" ...close fight, the Thai edged it, Roman fought only 1 minute out of the 3 minutes of each round

Comment

Gonzalez won the fight against that Thai MMA fighter

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

I had it a lot closer than most of the press which had him winning by between 2 and 5 or 6 points from what I've seen, but still thought Roman peeked it out. Sometimes you win close, sometimes you lose close. Be interesting too see what HBO does to protect their investment. They have the reserves to make the immediate return. Good for Sir Rungvisai; he can cash in.

Comment

Clear now... Roman is not P4P... maybe he was top 10 before..but never should have been #1. If he was P4P he would've beat Cuadras and Rungvisai in a clear or dominating way.

That didn't happen.

Rematch is deserved...but then again Roman didn't want to grant rematches with Cuadras and Estrada. So...lol

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      ... The strange fact is that CompuBox had Gonzalez landing about 200 more punches than the Thai...
                      Tom Loeffler was doing Compubox last night. They also had ridiculous stats for Golovkin-Jacobs too.

Comment

Working...
                      X