Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder how shocked was the HBO tv production to see this fight go the distance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
      Many people thought the same deal.
      Many people that need to learn how to score a fight. People here don't matter

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost Rider View Post
        Little G fans thinking it was back to NASCAR and the Hot Dog Eating Contest for them before the decision was announced:

You're right. Rural white people love people from predominantly Muslim Central Asian countries.

Moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          whats with all the ******s using compubox bahahahah
          u back up ward won very close fight but not this match ?
          u r ****ing ****** indeed lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
            I need to grow up because I think both Jacobs and Kovalev deserved to win and didn't get it by the judges?
            Kov def beat Ward ..... and GGG clearly beat Jacobs

Kov got robbed blind. It was definately a robbery.

GGG won a unanimous clear decision

Comment

• Little G fans being asked how they scored the fight:

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                I underrated Jacobs and overrated GGG, dude look ordinary tonight Jacobs is clearly the more skilled of the two just not as heavy a puncher, I think Jacobs will struggle getting the meaningful fights now Canelo and GGG won't want anything to do with him, Jacobs vs Ward could be the fight to make st 168 Jacobs would have a chance against Ward clearly GGG isn't on that level he should stay at 160 and face guys like Saunders and Canelo.
                Canelo isn't fighting Jacobs because of the issues between haymon and oscar. Saying you underated one and overrated the other is again the same thing i'm saying about people dissing both men. The #1 and #2 fought, they had the fight that went the way it was supposed to. Same with Garcia vs Thurman, same with Mayweather vs Pacquaio, those guys are #1 and #2 for a very clear reason. Lots of talent. Saying you overrated Golovkin when he fought a man with more power, height and reach and won is ludicrous and an insult to Danny's abilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                  Danny was brilliant, GGG wasn't and looked ordinary, agreed.

The thing is GGG edged the close rounds with his jab.

And that's what people are missing IMO.

Even if overall GGG got outboxed, he grabbed some rounds with his jab, knew when he had to push a bit to get the round.
                  GGG boy is smart.

Jacobs lacks experience, he lost most of the 6 first rounds (I gave GGG the 1st,3rd, 4th*and 5th) and got dropped.

Then lost the 12th, he should have won this fight he had the momentum but made it close.

He can't have a close fight with the HBO hyped champion.
                  ^^^ Pretty much this... But I feel sorry for Jacobs: he managed to strategically control the fight (without clinches or headbutts)...

Comment

• Look it was a great fight.

1. Was the GGG Hype put in check - YES
                    2. Is GGG a Very good fighter and finally fought a legit fighter - YES
                    3. GGG and Jacobs are BOTH very good fighters. - GGG hype was just exposed he is not the GOAT.
                    4. Could have the fight went either way - YES
                    5. I bet heavy on Jacobs and really hate GGG - I will admit GGG is wayyyy better than what I thought, but not nearly as good as some on here say.
                    6. 1,3,7 were the deciding rounds. Fight could have gone either way. Jacobs should have stepped on gas way more starting in round 10 and did not.
                    7. Check judges scorecards - some gave GGG round 2. They should never be allowed to Judge a fight again.
                    8.. Check judges scorecards - Some gave Jacobs round 12. They should never be allowed to judge a fight again.

Overall a great night with 2 evenly matched fighters and a fight that could have gone either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoxingBanger View Post
                      Kov def beat Ward ..... and GGG clearly beat Jacobs

Kov got robbed blind. It was definately a robbery.

GGG won a unanimous clear decision

is that what happened ?

Comment

Working...
                      X