Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by g27region View Post
      No way Golovkin won that fight, he's past his prime, Jacobs was better and he had speed advantage
      No way Jacobs won that fight. Things he did well - showed plenty of heart, caused Golovkin issues with the southpaw stance, won a few of the middle rounds.

But absolutely no way did he win 7 rounds :lol1

Comment

• indeed GGG wasn't at his best tonight but that doesn't mean he lost the fight... i had it 6-6 with the knock down making the difference

Comment

• Hahahahaha we didn't git robbed hahahah

Actually it was hilarious the way Jacobs acted when he landed a goo shot !! It was like he was a little kid and do something nobody else has done. Jacobs got his asz whipped and got boos when he tried to say he won . He didn't win shilt !!!!

Hoppy and manureweather has shlt their britches.
          Hoppy didn't want GGG to win he don't want a white boy to beat his record

And

Manureweather no doubt has hired somebody to clean his asz because he said GGG is easy work.

GGG would KO both thar Aszz's
          Hahahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by vaynardevil View Post
            lol see compubox shows golovkin land more by quite wide margin, calling it a robbery is bs
            but i agree with rematch demand, unless he chalenge BJS right after
            BJS must be happy seeing that performance

whats with all the ******s using compubox bahahahah

Comment

• Originally posted by NYG View Post
              Maybe you need to learn how to judge fights better
              Many people thought the same deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                I agree, it was a treat for fans. Excellent night of fights!

I think whenever a guy is expected to blow the other guy out of the water by a large amount of people, but instead the fight is very competitive and close, people tend to score the underdog more favorably because of the fact that they are doing better than expected. I can think of numerous examples such as Eric Morales vs Maidana, where everyone assumed Morales was totally shot and even protested the fight because they feared it was such a massive mismatch and yet the fight turned out extremely competitive, I remember how many people were screaming robbery but if you watch the fight objectively it was clearly a fight Maidana won (and I'm not saying this fight was anything like that, simply using it as an example when a lot of fans scored favorably to the underdog just because he did a lot better than expected). I see that happening here on boxingscene simply because Golovkin didn't destroy Jacobs.

Jacobs though is the #2 middleweight for a reason - he's a good fighter. He fought hard and very passionately. He's be a long way since getting best by Pirog years ago, and I already thought that showed by his 12 fight KO streak, but tonight he really proved it. I had a feeling over the past several weeks this was going to be a good one and i certainly walked away feeling satisfied and got my money's worth. I think Jacobs earned the respect of millions of people which is great because I believe he did well enough to deserve a rematch, which they might as well since Canelo won't fight till the end of the year at the earliest.

You sir hit it right on the nail.

Comment

• Freedumb before the decision was announced:

Comment

• That's an excellent way to put it:

Danny got graded on a curve.

Comment

• I am the only one on this site that said this was a 50/50 fight.
                      That said I think Golovkin won the fight.

He did hit more, stopped a lot of Danny's punches with his glove, which casuals seem to miss, and hot Danny with more punches.

Danny had flurries and they were actually good, but he lost a close decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X