Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have a problem with the judges awarding GGG the decision. Even though I had Daniel personally winning the fight. The fight could have gone either way. So I am not going to spend my time here crying robbery over spilled milk until the cows come home like the GGG/Kov fan base over the Ward fight.

Even though I thought Jacobs had done more than enough to earn the decision; Still there were just too many close rounds where the judges felt that he could have done just a bit more. Starting with releasing his hands and by backing GGG up more but he didn't. He would land some good punches, then just to stand back and admire his work. In addition, that knock down didn't help his case either.

So I can see how the judges and many boxing fans can rationalize scoring the fight the way they did and I can honestly say that they are not wrong. However, I am just not one of them. I am one of those fans who is convinced that the right man did not win the fight.

Comment

• Jacobs won the fight.

Golovkin brought a great jab to the table, but for the most part that was it. Jacobs 115-112.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
        That is some bull****! Danny won that fight EASY WORK!
        Golovkin boxed his ears off. Jabs to the face all night, walked through the few hard shots he threw, and when he turned it up, Jacobs almost broke.

Comment

• Maybe you guys should have listened when we told you there are levels in boxing

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Maybe you should have listened when I told you Golovkin wasn't trying to duck Jacobs and would beat him if they fought.

I wouldn't crow too loud about that if I were you

all I am saying is, maybe your big list of "maybe's" was missing one

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            Golovkin boxed his ears off. Jabs to the face all night, walked through the few hard shots he threw, and when he turned it up, Jacobs almost broke.
            One of THE great misinterpretations of boxing is that you cannot out-box someone on the front foot. Out-boxing seems to be something that can only be done on the backfoot.

Danny's strategy was to survive and flurry. Golovkin's strategy was to control the fight. Whilst he was below-par, he still controlled the fight. His defence was on point - and he didn't even have to run or circle the ring to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              In 3-4 rounds yes, the rest of the fight Jacobs was using his own jab exceptionally well and was landing the better combos in exchanges, counterpunching display by Jacobs, lead left hands snapping GGG's head back throught the whole fight, GGG didn't outbox anyone, he landed a great punch that sent Jacobs down and followed up well on a shook Jacobs in the following round but in the 6th Jacobs got back to his stick and easily outboxed GGG to gain the scoring advantage again.

Comment

• Originally posted by MEXfistology View Post
                I was rooting for golovkin, and thought he was gonna stop jacobs inside 5 rounds..but daniel jacobs won this fight, it is what it is, he won by at least 2 points. Whoever says ggg won you can come and suck my deck because you obviously don't know what you're watching. Canelo, Andre ward, chavez jr all beat this version of golovkin

oh god, here come the " versions "

I heard all that when Pac stepped up his comp

Comment

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                  One of THE great misinterpretations of boxing is that you cannot out-box someone on the front foot. Out-boxing seems to be something that can only be done on the backfoot.

Danny's strategy was to survive and flurry. Golovkin's strategy was to control the fight. Whilst he was below-par, he still controlled the fight. His defence was on point - and he didn't even have to run or circle the ring to do it.
                  What the hell are you talking about and what fight were you watching? Jacobs was snapping GGG's head back in each and every round and to me won almost all the exchanges, GGG did well when he got Jacobs on the ropes and it was due to Jacobs waiting too long to counter, when Jacobs wanted to get off the ropes he did it with a surprising ease by either moving or by a simple 1 2. Jacobs only flurried in the last 2 rounds because he was visibly exhausted and had little power on his shots so he went for the pitty pat, which I think was even enough to win him the 11th and in some people's eyes even the 12th.

You can be a fan of Andre Ward but don't be mad because Jacobs beat GGG first, don't try to compare Jacobs vs GGG to Ward vs Kovalev either, Ward Kovalev was a lot closer and I personally didn't have too many problems with the decision, but tonight was a robbery and you know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post

Boxnation commentary were dang awful.
                    I saw the Boxnation Version and i think the commentators were right on point.
                    Im a longtime GGG-supporter but he lost tonight. Im not angry about the decision though because Jacobs refused the second weigh inn and so he does not deserve the victory. His plan to come in as big as possible worked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                      GGG is clearly losing his reflexes. This starts to happen in the mid 30's for most everyone. Jacobs was clearly faster but the fast hands and wild shots weren't landing. He did better than I expected but far from a win. Tripple G didn't throw as much as usual but it was just him being smart. He has a plan for everything. He was clearly out sized and had less speed so he won with what he had. That's the sign of a real champ.

Two things pissed me off. 1) Jacobs is a ***** ass sore loser claiming he only lost because HBO robbed him. 2) The weigh in on the day of the fight means nothing but not trying to play by the rules shows what Jacobs is made of.

Bad night for boxing: A real robbery happened, GGG is getting old and Cuadras is a doping cheating piece of total sh@t. His back was broken out more than a red headed teenager on Mountain Dew.
                      We knew before the fight that Jacobs was faster, longer and significantly bigger than Golovkin. The faulty assumption that most people had was that Jacobs didn't have the fortitude and the chin to withstand GGG. I never thought that way and I said so in many posts on NSB.

I agree that a seek and destroy fighter will age much quicker than a safety first fighter and I think Golovkin has been declining a little in his last few fights but Danny Jacobs at his best would likely always be a challenging match for Golovkin even if GGG was prime. The size disparity between the two also played a factor but I think we're not giving Jacobs enough credit.

Golovkin won the fight but Jacobs was smart with the way he tried to slow the pace down and stifle GGG's attack. He kept changing up his tactics so that Golovkin couldn't get a consistent rhythm going. But GGG was really accurate with his jab and that seemed to be something that Jacobs couldn't avoid for much of the fight. I was surprised by that,,,and yet I wasn't surprised by that. That was one of my biggest question marks before the fight.....Could Golovkin be effective with the jab like he was in the Lemieux fight. Well, he wasn't AS effective but he was still very effective which just goes to show how good of a jab he has. To be able to out jab the taller, longer, faster man is impressive.

I wouldn't be too hard on Jacobs for his comments after the fight. Even though he didn't win, he still felt like he got the moral victory just by surviving the full 12 rounds, putting on a respectable showing and not getting caught with too many big punches. He seemed pretty happy despite walking away with the loss. I think he's a pretty good dude normally, it's just the situation got him all fired up.
                      Last edited by Damn Wicked; 03-19-2017, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X