No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Did you watch it on Boxnation? I did, and Barry Jones was over generous to Jacobs with his scoring. He had Jacobs up by 2 rounds going into the 12th, and there were a couple of rounds Barry gave to Jacobs that, to me, Golovkin edged.

It was a close fight and I wouldn't haver screamed robbery if Jacobs had got the nod, but I think the judges got it right.

Having said that, I thought GGG was struggling to pull the trigger, and missed a lot of chances to let shots go that I would have expected him to take. Maybe he just had an off night, maybe Jacobs' movement and fast but heavy hands made him over cautious .. or maybe GGG is sliding over the hill.

I have a lot more respect for Danny's ability now than I had before, and his punch resistance was much better than I expected. Maybe the size advantage he had helped him absorb Golovkin's shots. He did look a lot bigger.

Maybe you guys should have listened when we told you there are levels in boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      is that what happened ?

This is what you're up against.

Comment

• Originally posted by vaynardevil View Post
        danny swollen face should tell u clearly who landed clean punch more often
        A swollen face tells you that genetically Jacobs is prone to swelling. Physiology my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
          I picked Marquez btw, despite what Compubox said I should. Lol.

right

so, compubox was wrong then, but it is right now

is that how the story goes ?

the reason why I asked posters who cite compubox who they thought won Pac/JMM III..... is because mostly pac-tards seem to use compubox

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ View Post
            Lemme guess..... your night is ruined?
            Naw not at all f@ggot. Jacobs won and exposed that fraud. Just like Ward snatched that guys 0 in your picture. I feel good- Bradley got the victory over Pacquiao but we all know who won that fight. Pussie g is a fraud and lost tonight and got a gift decision something people say Garcia gets.

pussie g is aiming for that title. Expect him to fight the first bum he can find now after this awful performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              I know... and this proves maybe why judges might see things in different manners... The Thai and GGG landed the harder telling punches...
              Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
              The Thai fighter did. GGG didn't. I picked him to win but the better punches were landed by Jacobs.

I'm not really mad at the decision especially with the politics of boxing nowadays. I don't think anyone was expecting Jacobs next fight to be on HBO if he won.
              He obviously did, because Danny got knocked down and both sides of his face were swollen by the end of the fight!

It was a close one, but the judges got the verdict right this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post
                Naw not at all f@ggot. Jacobs won and exposed that fraud. Just like Ward snatched that guys 0 in your picture. I feel good- Bradley got the victory over Pacquiao but we all know who won that fight. Pussie g is a fraud and lost tonight and got a gift decision something people say Garcia gets.

pussie g is aiming for that title. Expect him to fight the first bum he can find now after this awful performance.
                Shut up ***** and learn how to write, you ****ing bum.

Lmaoo at the bold... tf does that have to do with anything? You stupid sack of **** all you're showing us is that the salt burns DEEP in those wounds with that ridiculous ass comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  so who is your man?

Clearly not the American.
                  What kind of US citizen are you??

Gigi needed a gift..
                  Neutral I was consistent from the beginning I liked both guys no need to pick sides

Comment

• if you gave any of the first 3 rounds to GGG your opinion doesn't matter.. GGG did absolutely nothing. he was showing DJ crazy respect just posturing while Danny did all the fighting and scoring. DJ started 3-0. if you debate that there's no need to proceed.

I'll say it again.. if body punching counts there is no way GGG won period. but I'm convinced now that body work doesn't mean **** to judges. GGG was strictly head hunting. DJ mixed it up, he did damage dowmstairs. who cares though. I'm not counting body blows no more. I'm gonna score fights like the amateurs from now on.. only head shots matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                      A swollen face tells you that genetically Jacobs is prone to swelling. Physiology my friend.
                      so does golovkin, ouma made him look terrible and gabe rosado caused both of his eyes red
                      well w/e, if that's ur judgement lol
                      i hope golovkin give him rematch in near future, he clearly won but i think it might hurt his stock after that performance

Comment

Working...
                      X