• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYG View Post
    Is that canelo in your sig? Is he gay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
      SMH. You guys need to grow up.
      I need to grow up because I think both Jacobs and Kovalev deserved to win and didn't get it by the judges?

Comment

• GGG haters are maddddddd lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          I agree, it was a treat for fans. Excellent night of fights!

I think whenever a guy is expected to blow the other guy out of the water by a large amount of people, but instead the fight is very competitive and close, people tend to score the underdog more favorably because of the fact that they are doing better than expected. I can think of numerous examples such as Eric Morales vs Maidana, where everyone assumed Morales was totally shot and even protested the fight because they feared it was such a massive mismatch and yet the fight turned out extremely competitive, I remember how many people were screaming robbery but if you watch the fight objectively it was clearly a fight Maidana won (and I'm not saying this fight was anything like that, simply using it as an example when a lot of fans scored favorably to the underdog just because he did a lot better than expected). I see that happening here on boxingscene simply because Golovkin didn't destroy Jacobs.

Jacobs though is the #2 middleweight for a reason - he's a good fighter. He fought hard and very passionately. He's be a long way since getting best by Pirog years ago, and I already thought that showed by his 12 fight KO streak, but tonight he really proved it. I had a feeling over the past several weeks this was going to be a good one and i certainly walked away feeling satisfied and got my money's worth. I think Jacobs earned the respect of millions of people which is great because I believe he did well enough to deserve a rematch, which they might as well since Canelo won't fight till the end of the year at the earliest.
          Dat should roll in your avi doe

Comment

• lol see compubox shows golovkin land more by quite wide margin, calling it a robbery is bs
            but i agree with rematch demand, unless he chalenge BJS right after
            BJS must be happy seeing that performance

Comment

• Wtf were you idiots watching smdh??? Ya'll thought jacobs won???? Fuckn ******s. You have to 'take' the champions belt !!! At no point in that fight was jacobs ever winning, and he got knocked down, AND he never had GGG wobbled or in trouble smh. I scored the fight 115-112 exactly like 2 other judges. I think ya'll Jacobs fanboys got caught up in the commentary and Harold Ledermans scorecard. I also didn't agree with Harold giving Jacobs the first 2 rounds when there wasn't any substantive action going on. GGG unanimously won, a good fight where he knocked the other guy down, and GGG was never hurt or on spaghetti legs NOT EVEN ONCE. To ya'll even whispering the word robbery; GTFOH wit that bull***** !

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                Wrong, he should have stopped him by the fourth or fifth but allowed Jacobs to survive. The irony of it all is so amazing to me. Before the fight, nobody on this forum gave Jacobs a chance; Much less his fan boys. They pretty much predicted Knockout #34. Now that he has been exposed, the same ones want to walk back their previous comments. However, I'll give GGG his due. The judges awarded him the fight but you are right. I predicted the right winner. So that's all that should matter to me.
                According to who?you and a bunch of other ****ing morons here? Who the hell are they to say when he should KO somebody or else the win is no good?

Comment

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                  GGG was avoiding Danny's punches without moving and flopping around the ring, or clinching.

Danny was in survival mode in that fight, with lots of heart and lots of shoe-shining. He collapsed at the end with exhaustion. He had no balance for the last third of that fight.

He had a good middle segment where he won a few round.

BUT HE DID NOT WIN THAT FIGHT.
                  No way Golovkin won that fight, he's past his prime, Jacobs was better and he had speed advantage

Comment

• I immediately want to see Jacobs against DeGale for some reason

Comment

• Originally posted by vaynardevil View Post
                      lol see compubox shows golovkin land more by quite wide margin, calling it a robbery is bs
                      but i agree with rematch demand, unless he chalenge BJS right after
                      BJS must be happy seeing that performance
                      No rematch. Canelo's next.

Rematch Jacobs in December.

Comment

Working...
                      X