Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i predicted GGG by KO so dont come at me ******. Jacobs won 9-3 or at best 8-4. that fight was NOT close. do body punches even count anymore? are body blows counted? Jacobs did ALL the work downstairs, he brutalized GGG with body work. if you count and respect that there is no argument for GGG winning.

pure ****ery. robbery aint the word.

HBO couldn't have two golden boys lose on the same night.

again that was NOT close. Jacobs boxed his ears off.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
      LMAO all the commentary had the fight within 1 round. how could this be a robbery?

robbery is like Garcia vs Herrera or Dre vs Kov
      Originally posted by King_ View Post
      That was a terrible performance by GGG, he looked disengaged, uninterested, methodical and robotic. Danny Jacobs was awesome. What really separated him from GGG- was his energy. His motor was on 1000%. He was fighting with so much intensity and passion, constantly taunting GGG and getting hyped after rounds.

With that said, in his absolute worst fight, GGG still did enough to win, IMO. He definitely did not get outboxed all night like people are saying. That's ridiculous lol. GGG outlanded Jacobs like 75-25 in jabs?

I think Jacobs energy and intensity created the illusion that he was doing more than he was. There's no doubt he fought a great fight, but I don't think GGG was ever really in trouble. Jacobs definitely neutralized GGG's activity with his movement and offensive retaliation after nice defensive maneuvers, but GGG was comfortable picking Jacobs off with his jab for 12 rounds.

I think GGG looked bad in the sense that he did not fight to his styles full capability tonight, however, I must say... I am pretty impressed that he managed to get a decision against an elite boxer. I mean, that's basically the toughest test there is for GGG out there aside from Ward? It was his first time seeing an elite boxer with those skills, and even though his "seek and destroy" was not so destructive tonight, he managed to adapt, stay patient and win in a way we haven't seen in a long time. GGG's jab is the only thing that kept him in the fight, and he worked it perfectly.

Comment

• Type of fight that got down to the last round and Golovkin won it.
        Jacobs needs to sack his drug cheat Conte for giving him placebo.lol

Comment

• i will review the fight again but i did not see those jacob flurries landing clean. i saw ggg landing the much cleaner shots. even in the first round i thought ggg won it easy just based on landin much better jabs yet i see some gave it to jacobs so i think its a case of well hes not being destroyed and its kinda close so lets give him rounds. ggg did look terrible. weekend at bernies terrible. no passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beezy93 View Post
            Stop, I didn't think he won either but he'd absolutely k.o Floyd
            1 big punch might end mayweather, but he'd pot shoot allnight and moving around, but i doubt he could land big shoot
            but based on that perf, ward will beat him anyday by decision, far bigger and probably as fast as jacobs

Comment

• The criteria for scoring fights is round by round with a 10 point must system..nw at the end of the fight....i am a fan of triple ggg but he lost a close decision and in the process looked slow and one dimensional

Comment

• Punch stats say otherwise. Golovkin outlanded a LHW

Comment

• I mean come on GGG is soon to 35 and had over 300 fights before pro. I think he get old but everybody do

Comment

• True. Jacobs won by 2 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      Listen to all the haters crying robbery. Same fools who didn't think Maidana was robbed versus the fraud.
                      Mayweather landed over a hundred more punches than Maidana. You are just a super biased Mayweather hater. You wouldn't even bring that fight up in this thread three years later if not.

Comment

Working...
                      X