No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sor Rungvisai Drops, Decisions Roman Gonzalez in Big Upset

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    I don't think it was a robbery. Gonzalez in a lot of rounds have away the first half. It was close.
    Absurd you don't give away nothing when you break a compubox record at these lighter weights - he double if not tripped in jab and power punches from what Rungvisai landed.

Anyone that studies film or makes highlights on youtube can study the film and select the clean punches between the two and I assure you as I already done the work they would not equal. Then we need to take into consideration the other principles in judging criteria ; defense, ring-generalship -- who used the ring who was defensive minded? whos technique had more success in the fight? remember headbutts are not a part of boxing, holding is not allowed.

All I heard was that Rungvisai was the bigger man and that his punches 'hurt' more -- yeah naturally being bigger they would. The problem is we are going by boxing criteria : clean punches, effective aggression ( not reckless aggression ). If RG landed a two punch combo and Rungvisai land one good shot according to their logic Rungvisai would win -- never mind his poor defense whilst Gonzalez was picking off shots, rollings, ducking, blocking ect...these standards are ridiculous.

Comment

• Here you will see the unbiased truth, just facts, landed punches round by round. Gonzales was robbed, he was getting too close to Floyds record.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
        Here you will see the unbiased truth, just facts, landed punches round by round. Gonzales was robbed, he was getting too close to Floyds record.

So the knockdown was the result of a headbutt plus being off balanced which is what I saw the night of the fight. Roman caught about three headbutts by the time round three started. That thai leads with his head like a mother ****er.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
          Here you will see the unbiased truth, just facts, landed punches round by round. Gonzales was robbed, he was getting too close to Floyds record.

Thanks for posting. Now I would like for Mexican_Puppet to look at this video after calling me bias on my editing : I disagree with this guys work all the time but look for yourself, now you have a independent perspective on this, tell me that I paid him to do this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
            So the knockdown was the result of a headbutt plus being off balanced which is what I saw the night of the fight. Roman caught about three headbutts by the time round three started. That thai leads with his head like a mother ****er.

Heres another guy on youtube that I don't care for much but he breaks down the knockdown due to accidental clash of heads very well -- its unanimous on the web on anyone breaking down the fight...and that on the youtube boxing community is very rare.

Comment

• Sor Rungvisai is worthy of a movie. His US debut drew so much parallels with Pac. They both came and ripped away the belts. Tsunami stuff.
              I'm not going to lie before the fight I had to BoxRec him & all his fights were based in Thailand.
              It's so refreshing to see unheralded talent come from forgotten parts of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                Sor Rungvisai is worthy of a movie. His US debut drew so much parallels with Pac. They both came and ripped away the belts. Tsunami stuff.
                I'm not going to lie before the fight I had to BoxRec him & all his fights were based in Thailand.
                It's so refreshing to see unheralded talent come from forgotten parts of the world.
                So Manny won a controversial decision on his US debut? **** outta here. More like a headbutt Tsunami.

Comment

• Originally posted by finitoxdinamita View Post
                  lol roman cant be crying about millioj dollar paydays now. He is gonna have to beg estrada for a rematch now for 200k haha
                  beg estrada? Lol roman fights on hbo and estrada on tv azteca

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicoya415 View Post
                    beg estrada? Lol roman fights on hbo and estrada on tv azteca
                    To be fair he is fighting on HBO Latino soon.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                      So Manny won a controversial decision on his US debut? **** outta here. More like a headbutt Tsunami.
                      There was nothing controversial about it. Sor whooped his arse from pillar to post, only fan boys have a problem with the decision. Sor was 9/2 going into the 10th round & because I can actually score a fight, I won myself some beer tokens and a lovely Sunday roast. If Gonzalez won, it would have been one of the worst robberies ever.

It's like Russia has a room full of trolls at work on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X