No announcement yet.

Mayweather swindled of a huge chunk of cash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Floyd made it out of the sport with almost a billion dollars, his faculties intact, undefeated at 49-0, left out of the sport as it's best p4p fighter, and pushed Manny Pacquiao's **** in (with a trouncing that led to some of the most ridiculous excuse making ever).

Floyd's been away from the sport for two years, and the world is thirsting so hard that there is even interest in seeing him step in with an MMA fighter who is literally a boxing novice (highest boxing achievement that McGregor has is winning an Irish junior title in his teens).

His own personal life is what it is, but Floyd bet on himself an won, so you've got to give him his props. No stake in his success, but seeing folks tear him down for reasons without any basis is ****ed up.
    nobody should ever "tear down" any athlete...Its a really fvked up situation frankly that should change if we are to be a society that values fairness economically and the American dream. Thats were I am coming from. its been going on a long time...basketball players get the most of any athletes per capita in team sports in this country and over 70% are broke after 7 years out of the NBA. joe Louis, Ray Robinson... Its not right and people need to be aware because of the reasons which affect anyone who earns an income.

I hope I can give Floyd props...I give Larry Holmes props. Holmes actually took on Don King and won. His secret is something Dempsey also did: Holmes knew where he lived and grew up, so naturally he knew what kind of products and services people wanted. He got in good, as a local hero with the business community and developed businesses.

Want to know something REALLY fvked up Scipio? In Easton Pennsylvania when Larry, a Black man, wanted to own a restaurant for example, the good people said "hell yeah larry is the man!" that was great....when Bill Cosby, on the other hand, another black man, said, "well its nice that the establishment seem to love me, and I even have me some cash money...I want to buy NBC a Television network>" well... the establishment wasn't going to let a Black man own NBC...So all that love went out the window and Bill's son was killed, and you know the rest of the story. Bill tried twice... Thats fvked up.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      nobody should ever "tear down" any athlete...Its a really fvked up situation frankly that should change if we are to be a society that values fairness economically and the American dream. Thats were I am coming from. its been going on a long time...basketball players get the most of any athletes per capita in team sports in this country and over 70% are broke after 7 years out of the NBA. joe Louis, Ray Robinson... Its not right and people need to be aware because of the reasons which affect anyone who earns an income.

I hope I can give Floyd props...I give Larry Holmes props. Holmes actually took on Don King and won. His secret is something Dempsey also did: Holmes knew where he lived and grew up, so naturally he knew what kind of products and services people wanted. He got in good, as a local hero with the business community and developed businesses.

Want to know something REALLY fvked up Scipio? In Easton Pennsylvania when Larry, a Black man, wanted to own a restaurant for example, the good people said "hell yeah larry is the man!" that was great....when Bill Cosby, on the other hand, another black man, said, "well its nice that the establishment seem to love me, and I even have me some cash money...I want to buy NBC a Television network>" well... the establishment wasn't going to let a Black man own NBC...So all that love went out the window and Bill's son was killed, and you know the rest of the story. Bill tried twice... Thats fvked up.
      Seems the "establishment" made the right choice not letting a serial rapist buy the network lol

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

buying NBC is a whole different kettle of fish from owning a handful of businesses in your hometown, if we're being honest about it

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          You were talking about a Harvard graduate or whatever squandering his money and that you've never heard it before. I presented Alan Haymon as my proof it does happen. Obviously you have a selective memory. Why you so butt hurt about an article a guy posted anyway? You get a piece of TMT pie or you just one of those dudes who just looks dumb wearing the hat sideways?
          Not but I have a tmt hat and it makes me feel like I am. I get my bread through a very elaborate banking scheme where I get a fraction of a cent from every atm transaction. Like office space but untraceable and undetectable.

Yeah I see what you meant now but I still don't think Haymon would lose it all. Steal it maybe, my Harvard mba thing was more about losing it. Guess it's a valid point but there's no proof it happened so......
          Last edited by boxing_pundit85; 03-14-2017, 09:39 PM.

Comment

If Floyd is so broke and have to fight again why would he choose to fight a MMA fighter? Especially with all the problems with making that fight. Why not have a rematch with Pacquiao and make the guaranteed $100M he is asking for. I'm sure Pacquiao and Arum would jump at the opportunity.

Comment

While I take everything The Sun has to say, with a grain of salt...if anyone was going to blow his fortune, it would be Mayweather. There's being dumb with money, and then there's him.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                If Floyd is so broke and have to fight again why would he choose to fight a MMA fighter? Especially with all the problems with making that fight. Why not have a rematch with Pacquiao and make the guaranteed $100M he is asking for. I'm sure Pacquiao and Arum would jump at the opportunity.
                I saw a bunch of tweets this morning saying if the UFC won't let Connor fight then we could see May-PAC 2 on June 10th. I seriously doubt it though. He's been out for almost 2 years, PAC has been active and fighting well, Mcgregor is easy money, Manny may not be anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                  He wouldn't make 100mill with Manny, nobody will pay for it because it wont draw any more than a regular May fight of around a mill PPV, 4 mill people seen Manny do jack sht against him and they don't believe the excuses you wont get them again.

Now the Connor fight is such a side show it capitalizes on the fan base of both which is huge and the fight has a marketing angle the media would gobble up with 2 of the biggest sht talkers in sport, as ridicules as it sounds in a boxing forum I think the fight would do huge numbers at the box office.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    the sun is probably the last source id trust for anything.. ill believe the poster golovkin before i believe the sun
                    Agreed however you couldn't pay me enough cash to believe poster golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      Bank interest on his fortune would nearly generate that lol.
                      Doudt that but I do get your point. He can blow money and the interest he earns can cover it. But not 70 mil a year.

Comment

Working...
                      X