No announcement yet.

Mayweather swindled of a huge chunk of cash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    You seem personally invested. You can be there in the Popeye's bin and help him find the nubs with meat on them, then you guys can have a discussion about financial matters...or should I say fine-an-sell-shall matters as in "how much you sell that watch you paid 2 million dollars four? you know the one that looked like it came outta bubble gum machine?"

just messin with you. I HOPE YOUR RIGHT and Floyd defies the odds, I really do.
    Floyd made it out of the sport with almost a billion dollars, his faculties intact, undefeated at 49-0, left out of the sport as it's best p4p fighter, and pushed Manny Pacquiao's **** in (with a trouncing that led to some of the most ridiculous excuse making ever).

Floyd's been away from the sport for two years, and the world is thirsting so hard that there is even interest in seeing him step in with an MMA fighter who is literally a boxing novice (highest boxing achievement that McGregor has is winning an Irish junior title in his teens).

His own personal life is what it is, but Floyd bet on himself an won, so you've got to give him his props. No stake in his success, but seeing folks tear him down for reasons without any basis is ****ed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      this sounds a lot like the people that voted for our current president, "he is rich, he doesn't need more money, he won't steal from the people".

why wouldn't, this smart bussines people, steal from the illiterate athlete?
      Don't know about that man. People who voted for Hillary Clinton were for everything being pretty much given for free. Re-distribution of wealth, taking from the rich (at least that is what she told people at rallies, not when she was speaking to bankers in private) and re-distributing to the poorer. Trump is about helping the working man, the guys who carry the country on their backs. He isn't taking a Presidential salary, Obama did though and so would have Hillary.

The guy in my sig has only a fraction of the wealth that Mayweather has, yet he has invested his money wisely and he and his family are already set for life, living a nice lifestyle. No one is taking advantage of him; Floyd is taking advantage of himself.

One of the biggest problems of this country especially is people always blaming others for their own issues. The realization of self-denial is the first step in recovery I believe and there is a good reason for it.........it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_pundit85 View Post
        Floyd has people, fcking ivy league educated, managing his money. He is also making more money promoting.. These flame threads are ridiculous, even if you are just an idiot and believe your article/ source.

"Those damn Harvard mba's, always squandering half a billion dollars with terrible investments. " never heard it..have u?

Moron. Stop.
        Wait? Is this serious? Or have you never heard of Al Haymon and PBC and some big investment money they almost squandered. So yeah I guess I have heard it before. And please, like an athlete getting taken for their cash or going broke is some new phenomenon. It's literally a show ESPN produced with multiple episodes lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          ... you can write off gambling winnings/losses if 1) you are a regular gambler and 2)can effectvely log all of your bets.

Hobby business expense, If I'm correct, is where you'd find the line in the tax code.
          You're acting as if he gets that money back in full amount. -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Floyd made it out of the sport with almost a billion dollars, his faculties intact, undefeated at 49-0, left out of the sport as it's best p4p fighter, and pushed Manny Pacquiao's **** in (with a trouncing that led to some of the most ridiculous excuse making ever).

Floyd's been away from the sport for two years, and the world is thirsting so hard that there is even interest in seeing him step in with an MMA fighter who is literally a boxing novice (highest boxing achievement that McGregor has is winning an Irish junior title in his teens).

His own personal life is what it is, but Floyd bet on himself an won, so you've got to give him his props. No stake in his success, but seeing folks tear him down for reasons without any basis is ****ed up.
            What's that gotta do with money/investments/income/losses?

At some point you gotta stop taking a guy seriously and I think that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
              Not that i believe that article, or even read it for that matter...but who exactly do you think swindles people out of large sums of money?
              Does anyone have any figure or source that contradicts or even challenges his current estimated net worth of 400 million dollars? It's just a hater thread. Has floyd alleged all harmon of fraud? No. Just a lot of people calling floyd stupid and illiterate and hoping he ends up like holyfield or Tyson, upset that he was smarter and wasn't robbed by his manager/promoter. Seems smart not stupid but numbers and words are difficult for a lot of people Classy thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                Wait? Is this serious? Or have you never heard of Al Haymon and PBC and some big investment money they almost squandered. So yeah I guess I have heard it before. And please, like an athlete getting taken for their cash or going broke is some new phenomenon. It's literally a show ESPN produced with multiple episodes lol.
                What? !! How much did floyd personally lose in pbc investments with harmon? Oh, you have no clue? Was floyd on the show. No he wasn't how high are you? , this is an embarrassing post....

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_pundit85 View Post
                  What? !! How much did floyd personally lose in pbc investments with harmon? Oh, you have no clue? Was floyd on the show. No he wasn't how high are you? , this is an embarrassing post....
                  You were talking about a Harvard graduate or whatever squandering his money and that you've never heard it before. I presented Alan Haymon as my proof it does happen. Obviously you have a selective memory. Why you so butt hurt about an article a guy posted anyway? You get a piece of TMT pie or you just one of those dudes who just looks dumb wearing the hat sideways?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    You're acting as if he gets that money back in full amount. -_-
                    Any winning that he ever gets gambling "in his hobby business", get offset, dollar-for-dollar, by the gambling losses, with losses carrying forward into perpetuity (until offset by winnings).

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      What's that gotta do with money/investments/income/losses?

At some point you gotta stop taking a guy seriously and I think that was it.
                      The only time any of these "Floyd is finally going to take an L" type stories ever manifest, they're usually brought forward by folks with certain inherent biases against him. Petty to include the dig, but it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X