Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Jacobs Will Beat Golovkin - A Big Upset is Coming!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    legit wins don't break Hopkins record, legit title defences do

the WBA interim title ?

that fake " title " only exists because of greed/corruption

The WBA have promised to phase out those fake titles in favor of having one champion..... so, IF Golovkin beats Jacobs - and he likely will - the WBA interim title will cease to exist.....

..... meaning that when Golovkin " breaks " Hopkins record..... he will have done so by defending a title that no longer exists..... which is yea, fkn lame

the WBA promised to phase out those fake titles for a reason, so why support that rubbish by recognizing them now?

diminishing the standards within boxing is disrespectful both to the sport and to the fighters, past and present
    Hang on, golovkins belts are up for grabs so how is that an issue

Comment

“On paper, `GGG’ has to be the favorite. He’s got all those knockouts in a row and very few of those times has he been challenged a little bit, much less seriously challenged. He’s been steamrolling guys. There are some people who have been suggesting that he’s shown some vulnerability in his last two fights (against Dominic Wade and Kell Brook) because he’s been hit with punches he normally doesn’t get hit with, but he’s enough of a veteran to know what kind of power a guy packs, or doesn’t pack, right from the jump. If you don’t get his respect early, he’ll go right to you and eventually through you."
      Wut?!!

Hopkins is picking Danny partially b/c of how Golovkin vs Wade?

"I thought I’d be around 70 before somebody got close to my record, based on the trend of fighters going for titles in different weight classes rather than to stay in one class that long. I really thought my record would last a long, long time, and maybe it will," Hopkins said.
      Desperate old man...

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        "I'll never lose to a white boy" - Bernard Hopkins

You're not even white

Keep eating dogs lil elf.

Comment

Remember when he said he would never lose to a white boy?

then said white boy slapped the **** out of him and butt raped him in the ring

And then another white boy knocked him out of the ring and ended his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post

Remember that "special common" nonsense before his last fight? That was cringeworthy.

Hopkins is unintelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

What part of the record is fake? Last I checked those were all legit wins with no controversy.

Don't worry, i'll wait.

He refers to the fact that in the beginning these defences were of the regular WBA title (the one Jacobs holds now). But of course it is not that cut and dry. When WBA "super" champion is active and takes all comers, "regular" WBA is a Mikky Mouse title. But in GGG case Geale won the "super" title and the went MIA for extended period of time, during which only GGG defended this "regular" title. After a while it became obvious that "regular" is the only one that is on the line time and again. And he was "promoted". So basically it is a fancy way of saying that "super" champion was stripped because of the refusal to fight his mandatory ("regular" champ). i'm sure if GGG went inactive for a year, the same people who say that his initial defences were not the real ones, would be the most vocal to claim that he is ducking Jacobs and the latter shall be considered the real WBA champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post

You

Are

Not

White

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  I disagree with your take on it, and your bias towards Golovkin in general but let's entertain it just for a second and hold you to your position here:

You do realize that what you set yourself up for here, is that all he needs is an extra win to override the interim defense, right? Your position in this argument is only valid if he stops at that magic number but why would he? It's unrealistic to even consider.

Now, that aside, do you really have a good reason for holding that against Golovkin? The man fights who they put in front of him, you either refuse to acknowledge that matchmaking goes beyond the actual fighter, or you just don't care to be fair about it.

It is the latter. He does not care to be fair about it.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post

"I'll NEVER lose to a whiteboy."

-Bernard Hopkins
                    Many people don't know this was directed to Alan's minter comment to Hagler "I'll never lose to a black man".

Both Minter and Calzaghe come from Great Britain.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      nope

people arguing the WBA cannot have 3 " champions " simultaneously

how is it possible for 3 WBA " champions " to make legitimate defences simultaneously?

if your wife had kids to 2 other guys, would you consider them yours?

would you consider them legitimate?

that's WBA's rules.

it's the same linear logic as when IBF was created, it divides the titles. How can a division have a WBA, WBO, WBC, and IBF champ? IBF would be the 4th champ in a single division.

IBF being the newest invention it is the least meaningful. only created in 1984.

i mean our opinions can go back and forth.

the fact is GGG was WBA champ. Bernard recognizes this fact.

you are a beta cuckold phag on the internet. nobody cares what you think

Comment

Working...
                      X