No announcement yet.

The curious case of Andrade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The curious case of Andrade

So, what's been happening with this guy? He won the WBO world title in 2014 and since then has fought twice at a lower level of comp. Why?

The guy is 29 yet and has only taken steps vack instead of stepping up.

Been wondering this myself.

Remember watching him beat Brian Rose on HBO, was really impressed.

Only seen bits and piece of fights since.

Really disappointed in how in-active he's been.

Comment

He's been managed horribly. For some odd reason within the last year he re-signed with the same horrible management

Comment

I want to be a fan of the guy but he needs to get his **** together outside of the ring.

Comment

Yeah, watching him against Rose (only the second time I'd seen him) I was relaly impressed. Far more impressed than I was by the Charlos at that point. Andrade wasnt just skilled he was big and strong too and had a fighters mentality. Your hurt? He will hurt you some more.

The problem is, while the others progressed, Andrade regressed. Why cant his management get him better fights?

Comment

He's clearly highly skilled & arguably the best guy in his division, but he's also the dumbest top ten caliber guy who I've heard talk & I listen to a lot of fighter interviews & podcasts with fighters on them. So expecting this guy to make good decisions outside the ring with his career is like expecting a turtle to dunk a basketball.

If boxing worked like most other sports with the best competing against the best on a regular basis Andrade might be a superstar by now.

Comment

Bad management and career decisions.. too many stretches of inactivit..

Canelo, ggg, wilder, Joshua all have become major stars, mostly because they stay active and fighting, building their brand name

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                So, what's been happening with this guy? He won the WBO world title in 2014 and since then has fought twice at a lower level of comp. Why?

The guy is 29 yet and has only taken steps vack instead of stepping up.
                His best win is mediocre vanes...

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  He's clearly highly skilled & arguably the best guy in his division, but he's also the dumbest top ten caliber guy who I've heard talk & I listen to a lot of fighter interviews & podcasts with fighters on them. So expecting this guy to make good decisions outside the ring with his career is like expecting a turtle to dunk a basketball.

If boxing worked like most other sports with the best competing against the best on a regular basis Andrade might be a superstar by now.
                  I have neevr heard him talk. What has he said that makes him sound so stupid?

Originally posted by icha View Post
                  His best win is mediocre vanes...
                  And your point is?

Comment

i really rate him but theres no reason for him to be at 154, its a graveyard there and hes a big guy. Should get himself to 160. Out of all the guys hes got the best chance of beating golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                    X