No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Hunts For New Opponent, Barrera Bails From Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
    Wow. Artur is one scary dude apparently. This is rather pathetic really. These guys need to grow some balls.
    His team should grow some balls and put up some decent money.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      Must be a casual couch jockey to say some **** like that.

If Betebiev's people were CONFIDENT they would have offered a decent purse.
      Exactly, but I think the winning purse bid got 75% according to IBF rule's, but I don't think beterbiev or his team were that confident, barrera had the style and boxing skills to outpoint and make artur look foolish in there

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        Must be a casual couch jockey to say some **** like that.

If Betebiev's people were CONFIDENT they would have offered a decent purse.
        To lose even more money than what they would already? That is just non sense come back to reality the Bid duva offered wasn't even 200k so he would have made less if they won bid. Both dont sell simple like that

Comment

says it all, he had no second thoughts about fighting ward but he doesnt dare get in the ring with beterbiev.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            No Reason? He just bailed? That is WEAK and I like Sullivan but WTF!
            You must be a scab?

It was weak to lowball Barrera like that.

If the tables were turned Beterbiev would have bailed on those peanuts too....but you'd understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLazcan View Post
              Exactly, but I think the winning purse bid got 75% according to IBF rule's, but I don't think beterbiev or his team were that confident, barrera had the style and boxing skills to outpoint and make artur look foolish in there
              They didn't want this fight.

Duckage by lowball offer.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                But still...$62k for a fight between 2 top 10 guys. He won't see 50% of that purse when all fees/taxes are paid. The man has a family, he could be promised $150k for his next fight, it doesn't make $62k right. Who knows how much he got for Shabranskyy? $30k? Maybe he's tired of fighting for virtually free all for the selfish fans entertainment who would say no if they were in his shoes too.
                That's 100% understandable. It's not a pretty life being a professional prize fighter. It's not for everyone.

I just hope he has a backup plan in place whether that's a) his promoter feeding him to Kovalev b) his promoter working with Haymon to get him Stevenson or c) using the money he got from Ward to get an education and pursue another career oppotunity.

Because if he wants to be a fighter, this is the nature of the beast.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  There is simply not that much money there for eliminator type fights

Remember when Lemieux and N'Dam fought for a total purse of ~$100k for an actual world title?

$62k for eight to ten weeks' work is not bad. Way above the national average
                  You can't compare a pro sport purse to what you and I make. The health hazard in a pro fight is also probably above the national average by a good margin as well. I'm sure i'm not risking brain damage and ending up in a hospital with a career ending brain injury when I go to work, and possibly not being able talk properly again.

I'm a fan, but I have to be reasonable, i'm not the one lacing up the gloves so I won't sit here and tell another man who's already more of a man than me by choosing that profession, that he's a p*ssy.

Salido, Lemiuex, idk who else, they were not fighting someone as dangerous as Beterbiev.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    says it all, he had no second thoughts about fighting ward but he doesnt dare get in the ring with beterbiev.
                    Ridiculous post This is a guy who wanted to fight Beterbiev more than anyone, and had been calling him out, you think after fighting shabranskyy and ward he care's about beterbiev, everyone said he'd lost to shabranskyy too look what happened, beterbiev would have been outboxed anyway

Comment

Disappointing but can't really blame him for wanting more than $62k for Beterbiev.

Comment

Working...
                      X