Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does ANYONE think the SD was the correct call? Anyone think DG won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were a lot of close swing rounds to be honest, but the right man won.

Comment

Originally posted by i love boxing View Post
      ^^ Pretty much this.

I wouldn't have been upset with a draw. Was impressed by Danny's effort in the championship rounds.

I'd even go as far as to say Danny does better in the rematch, but the right man won this fight.

Comment

I had it a draw. There were many close rounds that could have gone either way. Over all, both guys failed to deliver enough action over the last half, although I thought the first half was pretty good. The way round one opened, I thought we'd get a war, but it never really happened. Garcia waited too much for countering opportunities and Thurman put on his track shoes near the end. I gave Garcia the last two rounds, not because he won them overwhelmingly but because Thurman ran like hell. I can't give a guy a round when he's running. That wasn't movement. That was running. In a big fight like this, with so many watching, that makes the sport look like a joke.

Comment

Garcia won 5 rounds at most. Even a draw would be pushing it.

Comment

Being generous I could only give Danny 5 rounds.

Comment

I had it 116 112 Thurman and if you're generous you could give danny the 4th and make it 115-113 but Danny got outworked period he just was hoping for another gift.

Comment

Originally posted by i love boxing View Post
                This. All I can really concern myself with with boxing flawed scoring system is that the right guy won. And Thurman was the right guy.

Comment

Thurman definitely won but it could have been a wider gap if his trainer hadn't told him in the 11th, "just box..stay smart". He was really asking for trouble since all three judges were from NY, but Danny just didn't let his hands go, too tentative and although he went after Thurman it wasn't effective aggression, he was looking to land his left hook or right hand and that was that. As for that middle judge...he should be sacked, what an incompetent useless bastard.

Comment

I think I had it 6-4 KT, with 2 rounds even. I forgot which rounds I had even.

Comment

Thurman won a very boring fight and gave up rounds in a way not even Floyd did, but people call Floyd a runner and celebrate Thurman's win. Its certainly strange

Anyhow Danny lost because he cannot create offense. What I mean by that is he is only effective punching with someone or counter-punching. Thurman threw 1 or 2 punches and then moved...eliminating any chance for Danny to catch him or counterpunch. Danny needs to be able to lead - at least some - if he's ever going to improve

Comment

Working...
                      X