Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have to be disappointed with Danny, not with Keith.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have to be disappointed with Danny, not with Keith.

I was pulling for Danny but he fought scared. He said it after the fight. Keith was countering better than him. Angel Garcia didn't help either. He told his son on the last rounds: "he's running, he aint gonna win like that". Yes, Thurman was running, but he was like 7-3 ahead, Garcia needed a KO or at least one KD, he needed to go all in, and he didn't.

Combination of fighting scared + bad advice from his corner, and Danny didn't do what he had to do. Take risks, engage, get closer to Keith, throw bombs and hope to make damage.

As a result, he lost. He could have lost even worse if he risked, I know, but he had already lost by the 10th, he needed to go for the KO and I think maybe he could have made it.

So I understand the boos from the crowd. I felt bored a few times during the fight. But still Keith was landing more. It was close, but most of the rounds Keith landed more. He did what he needed to do, he boxed better.

Thurman fights like a semi hoe so I stopped watching him few years ago.

Fuk Thurman and a Garcia. They are B level fighters.

Comment

How can anyone be disappointed with either guy..

Both looked world class,,, somebody had to lose..

Comment

Don't know what to make of Garcia's style. I don't think he can trade longer than 5-10 seconds, although the opposite is deceiving. He either clinches or ducks so low, which are ugly defensive tactics, to get out of the exchange. When he's on the offense, he just make it look so but in fact afraid to throw punches. It's impossible to get your punches when you're not willing to risk getting punched yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          How can anyone be disappointed with either guy..

Both looked world class,,, somebody had to lose..
          It's boxing, man. Worse group of fans you can come across. They complain about cherrypicks then they complain either way when the best fights the best. And they expect every fight to be a Salido vs Vargas type fight.

The new generation of fans... What more can be said...

Comment

I was never impressed with Garcia. He's slow footed and relies on his "no look, Hail Mary left hook" to time and catch his opponents.

Keith was smart to avoid those and in return dish out his own punishment on Danny.

Danny spent too much time following Keith around the ring waiting doing nothing other than waiting for an opportunity to counter.

Comment

When the fighter moving is more aggressive than the fighter chasing, than the chaser is the only one to blame. Same reason I dislike blaming Crawford for the Postol fight.

Garcia is not the kind of fighter to press things, and it killed his chances last night when he needed to. Like I thought going in, not only did Thurman have the movement to neutralize Garcia but his countering was just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                It's boxing, man. Worse group of fans you can come across. They complain about cherrypicks then they complain either way when the best fights the best. And they expect every fight to be a Salido vs Vargas type fight.

The new generation of fans... What more can be said...

What it boils down to is styles and neither style was polished enough to leave a mark. The fighters didn't press enough and the fight wasn't intense, although it did have its moments every now and then. I didn't expect a war but for the fight to be considered a premium scrap in one of the "hottest" divisions in the sport... it was extremely lacklustr.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  When the fighter moving is more aggressive than the fighter chasing, than the chaser is the only one to blame. Same reason I dislike blaming Crawford for the Postol fight.

Garcia is not the kind of fighter to press things, and it killed his chances last night when he needed to. Like I thought going in, not only did Thurman have the movement to neutralize Garcia but his countering was just as good.
                  Exactly right. Good post.

Comment

I think in the first round when the two were exchanging punches, he felt Thurman's power when Keith decided to send him a message by opening up and catching him with an overhand right that seemed to hurt him. From that point on, I believe that is what made him more tentative and reluctant in letting his hands go.

Comment

Working...
                    X