Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the posters who box, train or just work out at the gym, lets share video/tips

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    nice work the realP. keep those hands up.
    I hear you bro.....was tired AF

Comment

Originally posted by hype job View Post
      it's 2017 man you can buy a decent phone for cheap like an iphone4 that will record in hd ffs.

This shyt looks like it was filmed on a 2006 motorola flip phone!
      posted another round

Comment

Originally posted by koba-grozny View Post
        props for the share, man, you're putting in some decent work but ummm... Doesn't this belong on the training and nutrition forum? If nothing else you'll probably get less trolling and more informed and beneficial comments.

Imcidentally - i'm assuming you're the dude in the headguard - your footwork seems a little like you've transitioned from another martial art, maybe karate or taekwando, but that could just be me or the wide stance you mention.
        posted another round

Comment

I work out, although I just started, i've "worked out" in the past but failed to be consistent. But i'm seeing quick results this time around, got a bunch of supplements and cut down on fast food. My push up count 2 weeks ago was so pathetic I won't even tell you, I was out of shape. Now my push up count rose out of nowhere, I was surprised at the energy I had, to do more where I would always stop. Since 2 weeks ago I tripled the amount of push ups I can do at once, and the "tripled" really did come out of nowhere, like one week I was doing ****, the next week I tripled it after a rest over the weekend (I read you gotta rest if you want to rise in push up count). I also have several dumbbells of diff weights, got a foldable bench for chest flies, dumbbell presses, concentrated curls, etc, do some ab workouts too. No time for gym membership because of work so I do everything at home. I have a pull up bar which I still haven't installed. I would like that bowflex select tech 552, looks so cool and convenient.

I haven't sparred in like 8 years. I used to be active from 12-20 years old, I was always sparring. I'm itching to spar again though, I still shadowbox. I think I still got it, I wouldn't be that rusty.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            nice work the realP. keep those hands up.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I work out, although I just started, i've "worked out" in the past but failed to be consistent. But i'm seeing quick results this time around, got a bunch of supplements and cut down on fast food. My push up count 2 weeks ago was so pathetic I won't even tell you, I was out of shape. Now my push up count rose out of nowhere, I was surprised at the energy I had, to do more where I would always stop. Since 2 weeks ago I tripled the amount of push ups I can do at once, and the "tripled" really did come out of nowhere, like one week I was doing ****, the next week I tripled it after a rest over the weekend (I read you gotta rest if you want to rise in push up count). I also have several dumbbells of diff weights, got a foldable bench for chest flies, dumbbell presses, concentrated curls, etc, do some ab workouts too. No time for gym membership because of work so I do everything at home. I have a pull up bar which I still haven't installed. I would like that bowflex select tech 552, looks so cool and convenient.

I haven't sparred in like 8 years. I used to be active from 12-20 years old, I was always sparring. I'm itching to spar again though, I still shadowbox. I think I still got it, I wouldn't be that rusty.
              Ive been out of the ring since 2007-2008....last year was my first time sparring In sometime....found a good gym last august and have been training evrt since. I initially just wanted to get in shape n help around the gym, once I felt how it was to spar again, Im gonna have a few fights then focus on being a full time trainer... I instruct cardio boxing on the side for experience @ another gym

The kid giving instructions in the second video is money Powell, he is with RingStar pro debut in April

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                3 minute rounds are no joke.....I've never sparred 2 minute rounds but I know when its time to fight I'll be well prepared. I'll be doing few novice fights before I focus on just being a trainer

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  I'll start. I'll post some footage from sparring yesterday. Did about 5 rounds. Rae has like 50 fights so of course he is working with me and not going 100%

My stance is a little wide, legs too far apart. I need more head movement and a more consistent jab. Lingering on the center line, I got caught with a few but all and all. Feeling better every time I spar.

I think this is the first round excuse the cameraman....the only person available to record was a kid and he shaking more than a $2 stripper
                  I'm not talking **** to you any more, mate. The slickness in that video is scary!

I feel all stiff and awkward now just from watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

last round from this Tuesday
                    Good sparring round, and you need to be pretty fit to maul on the inside with a bigger guy like that, even in sparring.

Comment

Respect to you bro.

**** the trolls, do your thing.

Personally, I haven't even tried to box, but I do work out. Francois Botha (former HW boxer) lives in my neighbourhood, and I've bumped into him a few times. Maybe if I do again, I'll ask where he trained. If not, I found a boxing/MMA gym about 15 mins from me, so maybe I'll head on down there.

Comment

Working...
                      X