Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the posters who box, train or just work out at the gym, lets share video/tips

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
    Respect to you bro.

**** the trolls, do your thing.

Personally, I haven't even tried to box, but I do work out. Francois Botha (former HW boxer) lives in my neighbourhood, and I've bumped into him a few times. Maybe if I do again, I'll ask where he trained. If not, I found a boxing/MMA gym about 15 mins from me, so maybe I'll head on down there.
    If you're not gonna compete might as well get in shape n learn the mechanics of the fight you love

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Good sparring round, and you need to be pretty fit to maul on the inside with a bigger guy like that, even in sparring.
      Thanks bro. Rae has like 50 fights....he'll be moving up to 152 soon but he fights 141 @ tourneys, and show events @ 145-147....he's 5'8 if not cutting weight he walks around @ 155-160 but he's growing...he's only 19....I'm short... 5-6"

I walk around @ 138-142 so I'll get a few fights in @ 132. I always have to spar bigger guys but I know if I can take their shots and not get man handled, guys my size will be no problem

Finding lightweight sparring isn't easy....I often spar welterweights n a few smallish middleweights...I'm.physically strong and have pop so their not just gonna bull doze me, lol

Rae is very athletic, strong, good legs and hand speed.... Of course he was working with me and not going 100%

The kid I told you about, money Powell the lV is giving me instructions...the kid I told you that got signed with Schaefer n RingStar

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        If you're not gonna compete might as well get in shape n learn the mechanics of the fight you love
        I would love to have boxed professionally, but at 25, I don't know if there's enough time for me to learn the basics, then improve on those basics, become competent at local level, then international level, etc.

My eldest brother did box, and was ****ing lethal in his weight class. Just as he was about to go pro, my mom was all "Noooo! You'll get hurt! Mom talk, mom talk" and he was like "okay." Besides, he has an addictive personality, and would have ended up as a boxing cliche/statistic.

But yeah, I want to do enough boxing that I'm good enough to understand it completely. I actually want to start a gym and ****, and eventually a Promotional company. Even build a dedicated boxing arena in my province, because its just the Eastern Cape and Gauteng which have genuine boxing facilities.

Anyway, I've rambled enough.

Comment

Relax your stance a bit more, bring your legs a little closer together, maybe bend your knees a bit more and try not to lean forward so much. Will feel a little more natural

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
            I would love to have boxed professionally, but at 25, I don't know if there's enough time for me to learn the basics, then improve on those basics, become competent at local level, then international level, etc.

My eldest brother did box, and was ****ing lethal in his weight class. Just as he was about to go pro, my mom was all "Noooo! You'll get hurt! Mom talk, mom talk" and he was like "okay." Besides, he has an addictive personality, and would have ended up as a boxing cliche/statistic.

But yeah, I want to do enough boxing that I'm good enough to understand it completely. I actually want to start a gym and ****, and eventually a Promotional company. Even build a dedicated boxing arena in my province, because its just the Eastern Cape and Gauteng which have genuine boxing facilities.

Anyway, I've rambled enough.
            Its OK bro

Follow your dream

One day one step @ a time

Comment

Originally posted by OllieA View Post
              Relax your stance a bit more, bring your legs a little closer together, maybe bend your knees a bit more and try not to lean forward so much. Will feel a little more natural
              Thanks for the advice

I'm definitely working on my stance

It was a lot more tense n wide

When I go train today I'm gonna work on it on the slip rope n shadow boxing

Money was telling me the same thing you did about my stance

Definitely gonna work on it so I can be more relaxed and with my legs closer

Thanks bro

Comment

Originally posted by OllieA View Post
                I can see what you're saying more clearly once I see myself fatigued...if I bent my knees more and brought my legs a little closer, I wouldn't have to push off the rear leg so much to cover grand and my rear leg wouldn't lift up when I throw 1-2 combos

thanks bro

here is another round

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  posted another round if you'd like to check it out

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    Props for the share, man, you're putting in some decent work but ummm... doesn't this belong on the training and nutrition forum? If nothing else you'll probably get less trolling and more informed and beneficial comments.

Imcidentally - I'm assuming you're the dude in the headguard - your footwork seems a little like you've transitioned from another martial art, maybe karate or Taekwando, but that could just be me or the wide stance you mention.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      Watched em all man, but the quality is godamn awful. I noticed your partner - Rae is it? Got on the headgear and is letting you get inside a bit more - deliberately I guess, the guys got some moves. Not sure what to add - you've clearly got a ways to go before it starts to come naturally, but it seems like your attitude's spot on. How old are you btw? And how long you been training?

Comment

Working...
                      X