Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you rank the top 10 welterweights currently?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you rank the top 10 welterweights currently?

How would you rank them currently with both resume & skill in mind.

My ranking:

1. Manny Pacquiao - Still the best in my opinion until someone shows they can beat him.

2. Keith Thurman - I think only Pacquiao, Bradley, Brook or Spence can possibly beat him in the division. I'd favor him over Bradley or Brook at this point. With Spence it's difficult to say since we still haven't seen Spence fight an elite fighter yet to see how good he really is.

3. Timothy Bradley - He mainly is #3 due to his resume, but I think half the guys on this list have a chance to beat him at this point.

4. Danny Garcia - I guess this is debatable due to all the questionable decision wins. But officially he still is undefeated against a lot of tough opposition.

5. Kell Brook - I placed him above Spence due to being the champion.

6. Errol Spence - He can very well be considered one of the top 3 welterweights by the end of this year if he beats Brook & another top 10 welterweight this year. But right now #6 is probably the best spot for him.

7. Shawn Porter - I don't see him beating anyone above him on my list except for possibly Brook in a rematch or Garcia.

8. Amir Khan - He hasn't been active enough lately & I don't see him beating any of the guys above him on my list.

9. Lamont Peterson - He hasn't done enough at welterweight & hasn't been active enough lately to possibly be any higher.

10. Jessie Vargas - Decent fighter & just barely makes the top 10, but he doesn't beat any other top 10 welterweight.

Thurman
    Brook
    Pacman
    Spence
    Porter
    Bradley
    Garcia
    Khan
    Peterson
    Ponomarev

I'd have Felix Diaz at 7 or 8 if he were a fulltime welterweight.

Pacman is obviously the most accomplished guy in the division, but I think quite a few of the younger generation would beat this version of him.

Comment

M.Pacquiao K.Thurman K.Brook D.Garcia T.Bradley L.Peterson E.Spence S.Porter J.Vargas Felix Diaz

Comment

Thurman
        Brook
        Garcia
        Porter
        Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
          How would you rank them currently with both resume & skill in mind.

My ranking:

1. Manny Pacquiao - Still the best in my opinion until someone shows they can beat him.

2. Keith Thurman - I think only Pacquiao, Bradley, Brook or Spence can possibly beat him in the division. I'd favor him over Bradley or Brook at this point. With Spence it's difficult to say since we still haven't seen Spence fight an elite fighter yet to see how good he really is.

3. Timothy Bradley - He mainly is #3 due to his resume, but I think half the guys on this list have a chance to beat him at this point.

4. Danny Garcia - I guess this is debatable due to all the questionable decision wins. But officially he still is undefeated against a lot of tough opposition.

5. Kell Brook - I placed him above Spence due to being the champion.

6. Errol Spence - He can very well be considered one of the top 3 welterweights by the end of this year if he beats Brook & another top 10 welterweight this year. But right now #6 is probably the best spot for him.

7. Shawn Porter - I don't see him beating anyone above him on my list except for possibly Brook in a rematch or Garcia.

8. Amir Khan - He hasn't been active enough lately & I don't see him beating any of the guys above him on my list.

9. Lamont Peterson - He hasn't done enough at welterweight & hasn't been active enough lately to possibly be any higher.

10. Jessie Vargas - Decent fighter & just barely makes the top 10, but he doesn't beat any other top 10 welterweight.
          Apart from activity, how can you rank Spence (entirely unproven whose best win is Khans 10th best win) higher than Khan? Or Porter? Or Vargas a former world title holder?

How does thurman get in above Bradley?

1. Pacquiao
          2. Bradley
          3. Brook (Can be switched with Bradley due to the former not having fought since his loss)
          4. Thurman
          5. Garcia (the winner of these 2 could be num 1 I guess :/)
          6. Khan
          7. Porter
          8. Vargas
          9. Spence
          10. Peterson (simply because theres no one else)

Comment

You have Bradley at 3 because of resume. Just who outside of JMM at welterweight did he beat that makes his WW resume so good?

Comment

Pacquiao
              Garcia
              Brook
              Thurman
              Spence
              Bradley
              Porter
              Khan
              Vargas

Comment

Anyone that doesn't have Pacquiao #1 is ******ed. He's beat the best competition just last year he beat Bradley and Vargas. How can you have any other above him?

Comment

1. M. Pacquaio 59-6-2(38) WBO, Lineal
                  2. K. Thurman 27-0(22) WBA (Super)
                  3. T. Bradley 33-2-1(13)
                  4. K. Brook 36-1(25) IBF
                  5. D. Garcia 32-0(18) WBC
                  6. S. Porter 26-2-1(16)
                  7. L. Peterson 35-3-1(17) WBA (World)
                  8. A. Khan 31-4(19)
                  9. E. Spence Jr. 21-0(18)
                  10. J. Vargas 27-2(10)

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    Anyone that doesn't have Pacquiao #1 is ******ed. He's beat the best competition just last year he beat Bradley and Vargas. How can you have any other above him?
                    It depends on what your rankings are based on, Pacman obviously has the best resume but can he hang with the new gen of young guns? He barely separated himself from Vargas who's bang average, I mean he won most of the rounds but not by a big margin.

And again, if it's based on resume, how have you got Garcia above Thurman and Kell? He's beaten nobody of note at 147 yet. And Spence above Porter and Bradley?

Comment

Working...
                    X