Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you rank the top 10 welterweights currently?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
    It depends on what your rankings are based on, Pacman obviously has the best resume but can he hang with the new gen of young guns? He barely separated himself from Vargas who's bang average, I mean he won most of the rounds but not by a big margin.

And again, if it's based on resume, how have you got Garcia above Thurman and Kell? He's beaten nobody of note at 147 yet. And Spence above Porter and Bradley?
    Because of who Garcia beat at 140. He has the better resume and proven more at the highest level. Porter and Bradley have lost their last fights of course they drop down the order until they beat someone to move them back up. Rankings should be based on resume entirely, this isn't a P4P list.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      Because of who Garcia beat at 140. He has the better resume and proven more at the highest level. Porter and Bradley have lost their last fights of course they drop down the order until they beat someone to move them back up. Rankings should be based on resume entirely, this isn't a P4P list.
      How does doing good work in another division earn you a #2 ranking in a new division? No problem if you think Garcia is the #2 welterweight based on skill, but if it's based on resume entirely like you say, you can only make a case for him being as high as #2 if he beats Thurman on Saturday.

Porter and Bradley lost their last fights against quality opponents, regardless of that they've proven a lot more than Spence.

Most people do rankings based on a combination of resume, skill/who would win H2H.

Comment

It depends on what your rankings are based on, Pacman obviously has the best resume but can he hang with the new gen of young guns? He barely separated himself from Vargas who's bang average, I mean he won most of the rounds but not by a big margin.
        "Can he hang with the new gen of young guns?"... nah question is..can the new gen of young guns hang with Pac?

This new generation of young guns best wins is beating Shawn Porter who arguably has never cracked top 5 at 147.

Brook win over Porter
        Thurman close/competive win over Porter..

And what else have they done? Isaac Clarke is right..PAC's 2 wins over Bradley and Vargas $#its on what everyone else has done last year.

And regarding Vargas... it was close early on..but then Pac adjusted and it was a clear 8-4 or 9-3 plus knockdown. At the highest levels, it's the little edges that separate the good fighters from the very best.

Comment

Pacquiao
          Brook
          Thurman
          Bradley
          Porter
          Spence
          Garcia
          Khan
          Vargas
          Diaz

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
            "Can he hang with the new gen of young guns?"... nah question is..can the new gen of young guns hang with Pac?

This new generation of young guns best wins is beating Shawn Porter who arguably has never cracked top 5 at 147.

Brook win over Porter
            Thurman close/competive win over Porter..

And what else have they done? Isaac Clarke is right..PAC's 2 wins over Bradley and Vargas $#its on what everyone else has done last year.

And regarding Vargas... it was close early on..but then Pac adjusted and it was a clear 8-4 or 9-3 plus knockdown. At the highest levels, it's the little edges that separate the good fighters from the very best.
            You missed my point, if you have Pacman #1 that's fine, if you think he can beat the young guns, that's fine, you put him at #1, you won't get any complaints from me.

What I'm saying is rankings can't be based entirely on resume, there's too many variables with that. Like if you have Spence in the top 5, that's obviously not based on resume.

Also Porter has absolutely been top 5 and still is imo.

Comment

Pac
              Bradley
              Thurman
              Brook
              Porter
              Vargas
              Khan
              Spence Jr.
              Danny Garcia
              Peterson

But based on ability... Spence Jr and Garcia would obviously rank higher than Vargas and Khan. But they are new to the division and haven't accomplished anything yet.

Comment

You missed my point, if you have Pacman #1 that's fine, if you think he can beat the young guns, that's fine, you put him at #1, you won't get any complaints from me.

What I'm saying is rankings can't be based entirely on resume, there's too many variables with that. Like if you have Spence in the top 5, that's obviously not based on resume.

Also Porter has absolutely been top 5 and still is imo.
                You're right.. It's not entirely on resume. That's why Spence Jr and Garcia cracked my top 10 too. And they have done nothing in the division yet.

Yea, I probably have had Porter in the top 5 before too... Just saying for some people, they may have chose not to.

Out of all the young guns, to be honest, just going by the eye test... Spence Jr would have the best shot to beat Pac... I still think pac has enough to beat Thurman and Brook.

Spence has the size, physicality, body shots... to give pac trouble. Yet, we haven't seen enough of him yet.

Comment

I put great hopes on Errol Spence Jr

1. Errol Spence Jr

2. Keith Thurman

3. Danny Garcia

4. Shawn Porter

5. Jessie Vargas

6. Timothy Bradley Jr

7. Felix Diaz

8. Kell Brook

9. Frankie Gomez

10.Charles Manyuchi

Comment

1A. Thurman
                    1B. Brook
                    3. Garcia
                    4. Pacquiao
                    5A. Bradley
                    5B. Spence
                    7. Porter
                    8A. Khan
                    8B. Peterson
                    10. Berto

Comment

Spence, Pacquiao. Thurman, Brook,Garcia, Bradley, Porter,Peterson, Khan, Vargas.

Comment

Working...
                      X