No announcement yet.

The ring magazine is as ******ed as the alphabet gangs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ring magazine is as ******ed as the alphabet gangs

I'm not the biggest fan of ggg and personally I think he's destroyed by the first elite fighter he faces but I give him credit for cleaning out the 160lbs division. With that said how the fucl can the ring magazine the supposed "bible of boxing" keep canelo as their mw champ? He flat out ran from a fight with ggg and now is exclusive at 154lbs. The hypocrisy of the ring is incredible and they cannot be taken seriously by any fan.

Originally posted by lparm View Post
    I'm not the biggest fan of ggg and personally I think he's destroyed by the first elite fighter he faces but I give him credit for cleaning out the 160lbs division. With that said how the fucl can the ring magazine the supposed "bible of boxing" keep canelo as their mw champ? He flat out ran from a fight with ggg and now is exclusive at 154lbs. The hypocrisy of the ring is incredible and they cannot be taken seriously by any fan.
    How? Because Oscar owns it and Canelo is a Golden Boy fighter that's their cash cow, raking in over 90% of their $ annually. It's a conflict of interest and politics that are allowing him to keep their "lineal" title. Canelo changed weight classes by fighting Liam Smith at 154 (JMW) and now he's fighting JCC Jr. at a catchweight within the Super Middleweight weight range. He's never even fought at the Middleweight upper limit of 160, yet, he's recognized as the Middleweight lineal champion.

The Ring lost virtually all of its credibility years ago, especially after they controversially changed their lineal championship policy in 2012. This is why the TBRB was formed by former members of The Ring's board.
    Last edited by Pugilisticuffs; 02-26-2017, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilisticuffs View Post
      How? Because Oscar owns it and Canelo is a Golden Boy fighter that's their cash cow, raking in over 90% of their $ annually. It's a conflict of interest and politics that are allowing him to keep their "lineal" title. Canelo changed weight classes by fighting Liam Smith at 154 (JMW) and now he's fighting JCC Jr. at a catchweight within the Super Middleweight weight range. He's never even fought at the Middleweight upper limit of 160, yet, he's recognized as the Middleweight lineal champion.

The Ring lost virtually all of its credibility years ago, especially after they controversially changed their lineal championship policy in 2012. This is why the TBRB was formed by former members of The Ring's board.
      ^^^^^^^ This right here.

Comment

Because the Ring is supposed to try and follow Lineal champions. Lineal was created because of fighters losing titles outside the ring. Stripping a fighter goes against why "Lineal" was created. No rules have been broken.

Canelo is the Lineal MW champ every boxing site recognises him as such, why wouldn't the ring?

Comment

Why has Cecilia Braekhus never been on the Ring Magazine cover?

Rousey was on it..

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            Because the Ring is supposed to try and follow Lineal champions. Lineal was created because of fighters losing titles outside the ring. Stripping a fighter goes against why "Lineal" was created. No rules have been broken.

Canelo is the Lineal MW champ every boxing site recognises him as such, why wouldn't the ring?
            This is from The Ring's current Championship Policy. On top of what I posted, pay attention to the bolded stipulation in the list.

THE RING belt if the Editorial Board deems the contenders worthy. Here are the seven situations in which a champion can lose his belt:
            • The Champion loses a fight in the weight class in which he is champion.
            • The Champion moves to another weight class.
            • The Champion does not schedule a fight in any weight class for 18 months.
            • The Champion does not schedule a fight at his championship weight for 18 months (even if he fights at another weight).
            • The Champion does not schedule a fight with a Top-5 contender from any weight class for two years.
            • The Champion retires.
            • The Champion tests positive for a performance-enhancing substance.
            Which is what Canelo did in his last fight and is now doing again in fighting JCC Jr. at a catchweight that falls within the Super Middleweight divison's weight range. Two fights in a row in different weight classes other than the one he's the recognized Middleweight champion in. Yeah, that's grounds for not considering him the lineal champion on top of him having never competed at Middleweight's upper limit of 160 pounds.

The winner of GGG-Jacobs will likely be seen by many boxing fans as the true lineal champion at Middleweight as GGG is the consensus ranked #1 fighter in the division while Jacobs is ranked #2 per the TBRB (still recognize Canelo as lineal for now), The Ring (still recognize Canelo as lineal, see my other post), BoxRec, etc.
            Last edited by Pugilisticuffs; 02-26-2017, 11:02 PM.

Comment

This is from The Ring's current Championship Policy. On top of what I posted, pay attention to the bolded stipulation in the list.

Which is what Canelo did in his last fight and is now doing again in fighting JCC Jr. at a catchweight that falls within the Super Middleweight divison's weight range. Two fights in a row in different weight classes other than the one he's the recognized Middleweight champion in. Yeah, that's ground for not considering him the lineal champion on top of him having never competed at Middleweight's upper limit of 160 pounds.

The winner of GGG-Jacobs will likely be seen by many boxing fans as the true lineal champion at Middleweight as GGG is the consensus ranked #1 fighter in the division while Jacobs is ranked #2 per the TBRB (still recognize Canelo as lineal for now), The Ring (still recognize Canelo as lineal, see my other post), BoxRec, etc.
              That means moves permanently you fool. The other rules mentioning weight classes should have made that obvious.

Boxing fans can see what they want. Canelo will still be recognised as the Lineal by every major source and the history books, not the Golovkin-Jacobs winner.
              Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 02-26-2017, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Oscar owns the ring and he promotes Canelo. It's as simple as that. Exactly which elite fighter 160 pounds or less beats GGG? If the only way you think you can get GGG beat is by using fighters from higher weight classes than 160 that makes GGG an elite fighter himself. Jacobs is a world champion with a 12 KO win streak. He KOed Quillen in 1 round and twice KOed Mora. Neither Quillen nor Mora had ever been KOed before. Why is Jacobs not elite?

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  That means moves permanently you fool. The other rules mentioning weight classes should have made that obvious.
                  Yes, I'm a fool for not knowing that they meant permanently. Canelo's ACTIONS speak louder than any words ("I'm moving to [insert division here] now"). But let me guess, you don't think that there's a conflict of interest in The Ring being owned by Oscar and GBP also being Canelo's promoter, and in turn, he's their cash cow?

You're daft and very gullible. I pity you. Stick to playing video games.
                  Last edited by Pugilisticuffs; 02-26-2017, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Yes, I'm a fool for not knowing that they meant permanently. Canelo's ACTIONS speak louder than any words ("I'm moving to [insert division here] now"). But let me guess, you don't think that there's a conflict of interest in The Ring being owned by Oscar and GBP also being Canelo's promoter, in turn, he's their cash cow?

You're daft and very gullible. I pity you.
                    Canelo is the Lineal champ why would the Ring not recognise him as such?

The rules don't just change when a bunch of fanboys cry because they want their fighter to be given yet another title without beating the champion.
                    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 02-26-2017, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X