Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has there ever been a fighter like gennady golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has there ever been a fighter like gennady golovkin?

Can criticise his opposition but what is not in doubt is that he is packing a concrete chin and posseses devastating power. Usually fighters possess one or the other, not both. Can people think of any other fighters who had this combination of attributes?

ask Teddy Atlas!

Comment

If ggg loses to Jacobs he will be consider the next Jeff Lacey

Comment

Umm yeah, hagler, Monzon, Macllelan, Chris Eubank Sr, Nigell Benn.

Comment

Golovkin needs two master threads- One for the fanboys and one for the detractors.

Comment

Power and chin? Really? This place is getting boring.

How about his ability to set traps, neutralize his opponents jab, counter and control range? Margarito had power and a chin.

Golovkins power isn't what makes him who he is. He's got a very diverse and creative offensive aresenal and is very tricky. It's rare you have a fighter that excels as both a pressure fighter, counter puncher and can box at range behind his jab.

See the difference? Now use my explanation with your title. The most comparable from a historical perspective who had those similar attributes to me would be Chavez Sr.

Comment

No, there hasn't been any where the fighter is being blamed for being ducked, instead of the ducks. Rigondeaux is not being blamed, for instance. They blame his promoters and fighters like Santa Cruz, Frampton, Quigg, etc.

They were blaming 3G during the long drawn out Jacobs negotiations, but when the fight was finally made, Jacobs is suddenly a no hoper.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                Power and chin? Really? This place is getting boring.

How about his ability to set traps, neutralize his opponents jab, counter and control range? Margarito had power and a chin.

Golovkins power isn't what makes him who he is. He's got a very diverse and creative offensive aresenal and is very tricky. It's rare you have a fighter that excels as both a pressure fighter, counter puncher and can box at range behind his jab.

See the difference? Now use my explanation with your title. The most comparable from a historical perspective who had those similar attributes to me would be Chavez Sr.
                What's any of that have to do with boxing??? You don't know ****! Haha. Educate my friend. Spread knowledge so we can have better conversations than boxers who's ducking who and boxers nipples

Comment

Power and Chin? lots of guys have/had it

Comment

NOPE, he has the weakest resume of anyone considered top 5 P4P ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X