Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eleider Alvarez Stops Lucian Bute in Five, Earns Stevenson Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No doubt this is the end of Bute

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      No doubt this is the end of Bute
      I wish he had announced it tonight, but sadly nope...

Comment

Damn I really didn't expect a KO because of the way Alvarez's KO ratio drastically dropped.

Comment

Great win by Alvarez! he can hit !

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
            5 year reign as IBF world champion is nothing to sneeze at. How many Canadians in history have had a reign that long with one of the big 3 belts?
            He should of went in the super 6 but he refused because he would of lost bad & he decided it was better to fight lesser guys in a soldout Quebec arena for million each fight. Can't blame him. Ward wouldn't give him a title shot because he ducked the tourney. Instead Froch the runner up capitalized & won another title leading to several huge paydays while Ward got left out in the cold inactive & fighting for peanuts. It was career suicide for Ward as he could of went to Quebec & kicked Bute's ass & gain another belt which could of lead to huge rematches with guys like Froch & Kessler.

Comment

Bute is 0-4-1 against top guys now. Time to hang it up. I bet on him to win. I know nothing about Alvarez so I just gave it the ol' boxingrec look over & bet Bute would finally win an important fight again... I'm not doing so hot on my fantasy boxing bets in 2017 2 right & 5 wrong...lol

Comment

Great! Now please go away Bute! Tired of seeing this guy recycled and dug up for paydays.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Disagree.

Damn, picked Alvarez wide when I knew I should have picked tko. He's got good combos, albeit predictable ones.
                  What I'm saying is he got a good technique, good frame, nice skills but desperately lacks power for that level... Bute was probably a free KO to be taken, but it's far from revealing some new found power for Alvarez ... He basically wins on work load, composure and resistance ...

Comment

People still watch Bute? Just lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      People still watch Bute? Just lol.
                      He was alright against Degale and surprising vs Jack ... Maybe he should stay at SMW and be a bait for upcoming guys ...

Comment

Working...
                      X