Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hughie Fury On Verge of Losing Parker Shot, Must Sign Contract

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wanderer21 View Post
    Peter Fury may be having visa issues and Hughie will not fight without him
    Most likely answer if this is true.

Neither Hughie or Peter have ever indicated not taking the fight.

Comment

Where is Fwank Warren when you need him? He is the first person to comment, on other fighters when they are about to face his fighters. Let see what he has to say about his own fighter not signing yet for a potential career high payday and a title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Where is Fwank Warren when you need him? He is the first person to comment, on other fighters when they are about to face his fighters. Let see what he has to say about his own fighter not signing yet for a potential career high payday and a title shot.
        The Furys are promoted by Mick Hennessy

Comment

Scott Weiland has been talking about this several times & he is correct. I read Peter Fury needs to get a special visa to enter NZLD since he did a 12 year stint in prison. You must get this special visa if you have spent more than 5 or 10 years in prison for any serious crimes. I can't remember all the details but Tyson had to get this visa & he was declined. With the crimes Fury was guilty of I'm assuming he will probably have his application declined as well. I see Fujimoto getting the shot since he is in that region & I think with his recent win collected a WBO regional belt to give him a WBO top 15 ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            I think they are co-promoted now... I could be wrong but both have their hand in the Fury affairs now as far as I know...

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
              The WBO's 60/40 split is great for a challenger - Fury is about to walk away from 1.2mil and a title shot, for what?

It's fair for people to speculate here - either he's being held up because of an existing PED issue (which we know exists), or he's going to pop for something new.

Correct me if I'm wrong - but in-competition testing doesn't start until the fight is signed (unless voluntarily agreed to). So Fury, if he has something in his system, would definitely wait until the last possible moment to get out of his cycle.

Or, he's an absolute ****ing idiot, and a poor decision-maker who will piss away his talents, like his cousin.
              PEDS are probably the same reason Joshua wouldnt sign a fight with Parker, and then chose Molina at the last moment.

I honestly think Parker and maybe Wilder are one of the few heavyweights not abusing PEDS.

Comment

WTF? That is pathetic excuse if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by louisg View Post
                  Seems the logical answer. Totally understandable that you wouldn't fight without your trainer in the corner.
                  NZ visa restrictions are pretty standard and similar to most other countries.

So Hughie wont be fighting anyone outside of England. Why even participate in a global sport if that is the case.

This is a really pathetic excuse from Fury camp

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    Fisheye Warren still calls the shots for these guys not sure if it is because of their connection with boxnation or something else.. He put in a bid but Duco outbid him.. Hennessey I recon is a co-promoter..

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
                      NZ visa restrictions are pretty standard and similar to most other countries.

So Hughie wont be fighting anyone outside of England. Why even participate in a global sport if that is the case.

This is a really pathetic excuse from Fury camp
                      If its anything like other countries in the oceanic region they arent standard like " most other countries"

Fury did a large spell in prison for a violent crime, as such he has to go through special process to gain entry into NZ. if he doesnt get it, then hughie goes there without his trainer and cornerman.

Would you think it fair for wilder to go to ****** without his trainer or cornerman ?

Comment

Working...
                      X