Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Announces He is Negotiating With Khan for Next Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what if pac fails to khtfo ?!?!?

Comment

• UAE money has never come through. Doubt it will now.

Comment

• Originally posted by thack View Post
        At the top level which Manny still says he is at for top dollar that fans are expected to pay he should be fighting the top fighters or do mugs like you still want to pay top dollar for second rate fights?.........right!

Amir Khan has only a few Pakistani taxi driver fans in the uk .the rest of the uk. can't stand the sights of him.His couple of ppv fights flopped and the first one lasted only 54 seconds when he was knocked out by a nobody that's why he took off to the states and has only fought once in the uk since where he couldn't fill a small arena .Oscar high on drugs put him top of the bill at MGM with Alexander , they gave tickets away ...Khan took about a bus load of fans ! Khan has 1.8m twitter fans from mainly Pakistan who think boxing is something to do with cricket ...get real mate.
        Yo Thack, I am no Khan fan, but from everything I see and read, he does have a decent "fanbase", for lack of a better word, in and out of boxing circles. Love or Hate, people talk about him and keep him relevant. I guess by me saying fanbase, I am incorrect in using that term. He has a much larger following than say Bud or Horn. Crawford just is not there yet. I am sure with the Top Rank marketing machine, he will get there, but now ain't the time.

Top billing vs Alexander was a mistake, but Devon was part of that equation.

Not trying to troll, but I think Khan's name will bring more to the table than Hornacek or Bud or Kell, especially in the UAE. Even if the fight gets made in Britain, I believe Khan will bring in his fair share of "fans".

Good topic and discussion, maybe a new thread should be created. I would like to hear what the forum thinks.

-Ron

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxtime View Post
          No he didn't. Khan made 2.5x more money, and most of it went into tax havens. Brook got taxed like a b'tch
          You're talking about money, I'm talking about being a man.

Fighting Golovkin > Fighting Canelo
          Fighting at 160 > Fighting at 155

Then Brook performed better against the better, bigger, stronger fighter. Khan died for a couple of minutes, Brook only left with a broken face.
          Last edited by Pigeons; 02-24-2017, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thack View Post
            At the top level which Manny still says he is at for top dollar that fans are expected to pay he should be fighting the top fighters or do mugs like you still want to pay top dollar for second rate fights?.........right
            Don't be salty kid, you can either pay or not pay to watch his fights, whether you agree or not, you ain't choosing his opponents because he has nothing to prove to anyone.

Juan Manuel Marquez X4
            Timothy Bradley X3
            Erik Morales X3
            Marco Antonio Barrera X2
            Miguel Cotto
            Floyd Mayweather

To name a few, and after 13 years at the top of the game...he HAS to fight the top dogs? Get real

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
              UAE money has never come through. Doubt it will now.
              If it doesn't come through for Khan Pacquiao it will never come through & they can be resignated to their characterless desert full of skyscrapers.

Comment

Working...
              X