A little throwback quote from Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is all you need to read, really:
    Golovkin:
    "Hey, Ward, wake up! Why are you talking trash about other people? Speak for yourself. If you're trying to make a name for yourself by mentioning me to build up your own fight, then be a man about it and tell the truth. At our meeting with HBO they asked us whether we are ready to box. You know our answers - I said yes, you said no. You said something about your shoulder or promoter - I'm not interested in the reason, I only heard your "no."

Comment

In other words, HBO actually invited them together and ask them if they want the fight. Andre said NO.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        Exactly.

The great ones take chances, period.

What chance has Lil g taken?

Ever?
        I genuinely wish he would. He has an exciting style, a granite chin, and devastating power.

I wish he would go on a run in which he took the scalps of the very top fighters from 154 to 168, not because he made that bold statement, but because our sport is filled with pvssies who demand millions to fight cans, or dudes like Thurman (my current active fav) who only fight twice a year.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I am a big GGG fan and you obviously hate him for whatever your reasons may be. It's hard to forget he didn't fight Ward years ago with his many haters on here reminding us of it so often. Meanwhile in the right now, up to date real world reality GGG is fighting the best middleweight he could possibly fight. On the other hand Ward, who you seem so fond of, is threatening retirement rather than live up to the contract he signed to rematch Kovalev. You are welcome to Ward as your favorite boxer. You can have him. I'll stick with the "cowardly" GGG as my favorite boxer. I'll enjoy him knocking out fighters his weight time after time. You can enjoy Ward clinching, wrestling and mauling his way to boring UDs or not fighting at all.
          Perfect response. Thank you. Green coming at you.

Comment

TS, did you not know that Golovkin agreed to fight Ward around then but Ward said no?

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
              Lmao, you ain't lying.

What gets to me is they defend absolutely EVERYTHING, and can't admit that the person they support ****ed up or made a mistake. Like seriously.

Around 20 years ago, I told my mom I wanted an Asian baby. Fast forward to today, and I still do, despite not being as attracted to Asian women.

Just because I said it 20 years ago, it doesn't automatically become irrelevant.

GGG made a statement, but hasn't lived up to it, simple as that. He said Brook was too small to fight, but he fought him anyway. Simple as that.

People make faux pas, and these fans who act like GGG farts money and pisses milk and honey boggle the mind.
              But this is boxing, and what you said 20 years ago is definitely irrelevant now. In 2011 Canelo was challenging Floyd at 150. In 2013 he was saying it must be 154, can't go lower. 6 months ago his body wasn't ready to defend his lineal MW belt above 155. Now he's at 164.5. Chavez went from #1 premium cable attraction to Bein sport in a few years. Things change fast in boxing.

Regardless of your failed analogy, other than Wards joke offer in 2015, what 154-168 opportunities has he passed up?

Comment

I genuinely wish he would. He has an exciting style, a granite chin, and devastating power.

I wish he would go on a run in which he took the scalps of the very top fighters from 154 to 168, not because he made that bold statement, but because our sport is filled with pvssies who demand millions to fight cans, or dudes like Thurman (my current active fav) who only fight twice a year.
                It's the quickest way he can actually become the ATG some think he already is.

He beats Jacobs, then a guy at 154 after Jacobs, then takes on a legit 168 lber and wins and his place in Canastota is pretty well clinched.

And the funny part is most of the Lil g fans don't realize that EVERY REAL BOXING FAN wants to see him do it.

Comment

the only fighter ggg duked was eric crumble. wards offer was a joke. to start 50-50 is a joke since ggg is more popular but in reality ward would make much more since his own promoter pays him out of their pocket so ward should have given ggg the lions share and been happy getting an extra 3 million on top of that. he still would have made more than ggg but he was greedy.

Comment

Lmao, you ain't lying.

What gets to me is they defend absolutely EVERYTHING, and can't admit that the person they support ****ed up or made a mistake. Like seriously.

Around 20 years ago, I told my mom I wanted an Asian baby. Fast forward to today, and I still do, despite not being as attracted to Asian women.

Just because I said it 20 years ago, it doesn't automatically become irrelevant.

GGG made a statement, but hasn't lived up to it, simple as that. He said Brook was too small to fight, but he fought him anyway. Simple as that.

People make faux pas, and these fans who act like GGG farts money and pisses milk and honey boggle the mind.
                    That's the problem with his zealot fan boys.... woe befall any poster who brings valid criticism against Golovkin. There is always an excuse or a reason to justify every and anything he and his team do. I can't do that for any fighter I like, you have to call BS when you see it, not just when it's fighters you don't like but also for the ones you do like. Not many posters on here can do that.

P.S Charlo did not move up to 160.... he outgrew 154. There is a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                      We've been over this.

Khan and Chavez bring their own buys and plenty of them.
                      We can't say the same about Lil g.

And even if March goes well, he will still trail Canelo by literally millions of buys.

They are not in any way comparable as far as star power. Hell, you could make the argument that Khan and Jr. are bigger PPV guys than Lil g.

BTW, setting the bar at 200K buys for Jacobs/Lil g is low; and that figure will not be nearly enough to move the needle against a guy that has been part of a PPV record and who has topped 500K buys several times.
                      But you're an idiot. So if these guys are so much bigger, 15m is a massive loss for GBP. Canelo would have to take way less than 50% lol. Use your head for once?

Canelo needs a name opponent these days to have a chance at 500k buys. The only fight that could get him 1m buys is GGG duh.

Comment

Working...
                      X