No announcement yet.

A little throwback quote from Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
    That's the problem with his zealot fan boys.... woe befall any poster who brings valid criticism against Golovkin. There is always an excuse or a reason to justify every and anything he and his team do. I can't do that for any fighter I like, you have to call BS when you see it, not just when it's fighters you don't like but also for the ones you do like. Not many posters on here can do that.

P.S Charlo did not move up to 160.... he outgrew 154. There is a difference.
    So what fighters did GGG refuse to fight?

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
      This is all you need to read, really:
      Golovkin:
      "Hey, Ward, wake up! Why are you talking trash about other people? Speak for yourself. If you're trying to make a name for yourself by mentioning me to build up your own fight, then be a man about it and tell the truth. At our meeting with HBO they asked us whether we are ready to box. You know our answers - I said yes, you said no. You said something about your shoulder or promoter - I'm not interested in the reason, I only heard your "no."
      According to a source with knowledge of the situation, a long-time friend and confidant of undefeated middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin recently revealed that his own promotional/management team purposely advised him not to pursue a potential showdown with undefeated former world champion Andre Ward. We're told that shortly before Golovkin's 2nd round knockout of mandatory challenger Dominic Wade, his childhood friend from Kazakhstan struck up a conversation with world-class trainer Virgil Hunter, who was also in attendance at the fights and happened to be seated right next to our source.

According to our source, after showing Hunter several pictures of himself and Golovkin throughout the years, the friend began to share with Hunter a discussion that he and Golovkin previously had regarding a potential showdown with undefeated former world champion Andre Ward. "I was angry with him; he would not fight Andre Ward. I begged him. I tell him he had to for respect. He said, 'No, the promoters don't want me.' I say, 'Don't hide behind promoters. You can get the fight. You have to fight Ward for respect.' He said, 'No, not right now.' I asked him, 'Are you afraid?' He repeated, 'No, the promoters don't want me.' He got so mad," the friend reportedly said to Hunter during their conversation.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article24408.html

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        According to a source with knowledge of the situation, a long-time friend and confidant of undefeated middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin recently revealed that his own promotional/management team purposely advised him not to pursue a potential showdown with undefeated former world champion Andre Ward. We're told that shortly before Golovkin's 2nd round knockout of mandatory challenger Dominic Wade, his childhood friend from Kazakhstan struck up a conversation with world-class trainer Virgil Hunter, who was also in attendance at the fights and happened to be seated right next to our source.

According to our source, after showing Hunter several pictures of himself and Golovkin throughout the years, the friend began to share with Hunter a discussion that he and Golovkin previously had regarding a potential showdown with undefeated former world champion Andre Ward. "I was angry with him; he would not fight Andre Ward. I begged him. I tell him he had to for respect. He said, 'No, the promoters don't want me.' I say, 'Don't hide behind promoters. You can get the fight. You have to fight Ward for respect.' He said, 'No, not right now.' I asked him, 'Are you afraid?' He repeated, 'No, the promoters don't want me.' He got so mad," the friend reportedly said to Hunter during their conversation.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article24408.html
        fighthype...seriously? propaganda for haymon. unnamed source lmao. this is the fox news/trump equivalent of "some people say...." then you say some bullsh-it you made up. "some people say obama is a terrorist. you decide!"
        Last edited by daggum; 02-20-2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          But you're an idiot. So if these guys are so much bigger, 15m is a massive loss for GBP. Canelo would have to take way less than 50% lol. Use your head for once?

Canelo needs a name opponent these days to have a chance at 500k buys. The only fight that could get him 1m buys is GGG duh.
          So, name calling, huh.

Real mature and proof you are butthurt over my posts.

Do better, OK?

Ahhh, a guy named Cotto is still fighting.

That is a bigger fight right now than the fight with Lil g.

The fight with Jr. may very well do better than the fight with Lil g.

Canelo moving up to fight Eubanks might do as well as a fight with Lil g.

And even if my last 3 statements are DEAD WRONG, what isn't wrong is that Canelo can make very good money with folks not named Lil g.

Who can Gennady make big money with?

What is idiotic is defending a guy who hasn't come near to paying his dues, hasn't even come near to fulfilling his own expectations for himself from only 2 or 3 years ago.

What's idiotic is daring to compare a guy whose resume right now screams "NEVERWAS" to a guy who could stop fighting right now at age 27 and still squeeze into the HOF- and then act like they in any way deserve equal money.

You take fandom to a new low with that garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            fighthype...seriously? propaganda for haymon. unnamed source lmao. this is the fox news/trump equivalent of "some people say...." then you say some bullsh-it you made up. "some people say obama is a terrorist. you decide!"
            Taken by itself you might have had a point.

But you have youtubes of him, his promoter, and his trainer ALL BACKPEDALING on a fight.

Fighthype is like any other source.

Sometimes there is an agenda.

Sometimes, it's just the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post

But wait, here comes the GGG defense crew to tell you why this video is inadmissible

Looooooool. Terrible bunch.

Comment

Taken by itself you might have had a point.

But you have youtubes of him, his promoter, and his trainer ALL BACKPEDALING on a fight.

Fighthype is like any other source.

Sometimes there is an agenda.

Sometimes, it's just the truth.
                yes sometimes there is....like pretending ggg should have taken a deal that would see ward make 2 and half times more thn him although ggg is far more popular. oh yeah and give up a possible shot at canelo at the same time. what a back pedal! oh yeah and these same people who pretend that was legit ignore that ggg already tried to fight ward when ward was the a-side and he flat out turned him down.

we know you wanted to see the fight( i didnt since ward is a garbage cheat) but ward didn't want it and if he did really want it he had very bad timing and a very bad deal for ggg but you expect ggg to take bad deals for some reason so that shows how biased you are. i would never expect a fighter to take a bad deal to prove something. if he wants to he can but its not a duck if he does not.
                Last edited by daggum; 02-20-2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

I love how this IS literally all you have on GGG.

He wants to unify 160, he's fighting jacobs. Meanwhile, while your sucking Andre Wards dickck, he will not honor a legally obligated rematch in which a fight most people saw him losing.

GGG has done everything he's supposed to. He's eventually moving up, ANdre Ward is going to have nothing to do with it. This **** is unbelievable.

Ward fight at 175 you ****ing moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    yes sometimes there is....like pretending ggg should have taken a deal that would see ward make 2 and half times more thn him although ggg is far more popular. oh yeah and give up a possible shot at canelo at the same time. what a back pedal! oh yeah and these same people who pretend that was legit ignore that ggg already tried to fight ward when ward was the a-side and he flat out turned him down.

we know you wanted to see the fight( i didnt since ward is a garbage cheat) but ward didn't want it and if he did really want it he had very bad timing and a very bad deal for ggg but you expect ggg to take bad deals for some reason so that shows how biased you are. i would never expect a fighter to take a bad deal to prove something. if he wants to he can but its not a duck if he does not.
                    No idea what deal you are talking about.

If you have a link, post it.

All I heard from Ward was 168, and 50/50.

Which is appropriate since Lil g said he could do 168 and since Ward was much more established professionally even without being A-side popular.

Comment

First of all, the offer was made before he moved up.
                      Wrong, Ward sent that offer after he had just fought at 172, and hadn't fought at 168 in nearly 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X