Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Brook Getting Too Much Credit, Tried to Find a Way Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone is hyped all ready for this one

Comment

Spence has yet to fight a hard hitting counter puncher

He should be happy the fights signed instead of whining

Maybe he can see a azzwhopping on the horizon

Comment

I low-key want to see Spence take a life changing beat down. Dude hasn't proven anything other then that he could drop a lightweight Broner in sparring. If Brook isn't a skeleton at the weigh in I think he takes Spence behind the woodshed.

Comment

Yeah Spence you was the last resort as you brought in the least money, and least credibility. If brook beats Spence comfortably, he wont get any credit for it, everyone will say well Spence wasnt that good and hadnt been tested. If he loses then hes left in a difficult position.

Comment

I personally think Spence and his team were expecting Brook to vacate. Couldnt see him coming back down to 147 after 160. Now they know they have a real fight on there hands, time to shut up and step up and deliver. This aint no algieri or old man Bundu.

Comment

I think the fact of the matter is... brook isn't as huge as he thinks he is. He desperately sought bigger paydays and got zilch. Come back to earth young man, all you're good for is that dusty belt you've been coveting and now u have a true opponent to challenge you for it. ����������������✊��✊�� Preach the truth Spence. Rumble young man rumble

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                And the trash talk begins

And Spence is telling the truth:

“He’s a great fighter, but he’s getting too much credit for fighting me,” Spence told BoxingScene.com on Monday after learning that the deal was done. “Who else was he gonna fight at 147? Nobody. Who was he gonna fight at 154? He couldn’t fight someone else at 147, because if he didn’t fight me they would say he was ducking me.

“Who was he gonna fight at 54? There was nobody for him to fight at 54, no big names, the names he wanted. So he had to fight me. Everybody knows he took Triple-G for the money, so I do think he’s getting too much credit for taking this fight.”

“He was trying to find a way out,” said Spence, a 2012 Olympian. “First he was looking for another title-holder. He was looking to fight either Danny Garcia or Keith Thurman. But they’re fighting each other, so he was looking for Manny Pacquiao. Manny Pacquiao wasn’t interested, so he was trying to fight Amir Khan. Then that fell through, so I was high last option.

“There was nobody at 154 for him to fight. Canelo already had a fight with somebody and the rest of the guys are with Al Haymon. He really didn’t have any options but to fight me, so that’s where he went.”
                Trying to find a bigger fight and trying to find a way out aren't the same.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
                  I think the fact of the matter is... brook isn't as huge as he thinks he is. He desperately sought bigger paydays and got zilch. Come back to earth young man, all you're good for is that dusty belt you've been coveting and now u have a true opponent to challenge you for it. ����������������✊��✊�� Preach the truth Spence. Rumble young man rumble
                  This^^^^^

Dude babysat a belt for like 2 years thinking it means he deserved big fights instead of taking on the best at his weight to show he was worth a big fight. Had no problem whatsoever fighting the JoJo Dans or Biziers and took those fights with no problem, but when Spence is the mando all of a sudden he isn't a big name. The funny part is Brook went on about nobody knowing Spence and he wasn't a name, meanwhile Spence had 6 million viewers for the Bundu fight, more people watching then have seen his last 2 mandos their whole careers. Then when he runs out of options he says "Oh i'm taking this fight cause the fans wanted it". Wait, I thought nobody knew who Spence was? So how is it a fight the fans wanted?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    This^^^^^

Dude babysat a belt for like 2 years thinking it means he deserved big fights instead of taking on the best at his weight to show he was worth a big fight. Had no problem whatsoever fighting the JoJo Dans or Biziers and took those fights with no problem, but when Spence is the mando all of a sudden he isn't a big name. The funny part is Brook went on about nobody knowing Spence and he wasn't a name, meanwhile Spence had 6 million viewers for the Bundu fight, more people watching then have seen his last 2 mandos their whole careers. Then when he runs out of options he says "Oh i'm taking this fight cause the fans wanted it". Wait, I thought nobody knew who Spence was? So how is it a fight the fans wanted?
                    I thought some of you spence boys would be happy now its made.
                    I guess some just like to piss and moan.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      And the trash talk begins

And Spence is telling the truth:

“He’s a great fighter, but he’s getting too much credit for fighting me,” Spence told BoxingScene.com on Monday after learning that the deal was done. “Who else was he gonna fight at 147? Nobody. Who was he gonna fight at 154? He couldn’t fight someone else at 147, because if he didn’t fight me they would say he was ducking me.

“Who was he gonna fight at 54? There was nobody for him to fight at 54, no big names, the names he wanted. So he had to fight me. Everybody knows he took Triple-G for the money, so I do think he’s getting too much credit for taking this fight.”

“He was trying to find a way out,” said Spence, a 2012 Olympian. “First he was looking for another title-holder. He was looking to fight either Danny Garcia or Keith Thurman. But they’re fighting each other, so he was looking for Manny Pacquiao. Manny Pacquiao wasn’t interested, so he was trying to fight Amir Khan. Then that fell through, so I was high last option.

“There was nobody at 154 for him to fight. Canelo already had a fight with somebody and the rest of the guys are with Al Haymon. He really didn’t have any options but to fight me, so that’s where he went.”
                      lol Spence living up to his nickname.

Comment

Working...
                      X