Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook-Spence to Fight May 20 in Sheffield; IBF Purse Bid Canceled

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
    Regardless of the outcome Kell Brook - even with his past soft touches - is the ballsiest fighter on the planet right now.

Moved up two weight classes to face the boogeyman himself and made no excuses following the loss. Now he takes a high risk, low reward fight that true boxing fans know will be a competitive fight.

If Brook wins in impressive fashion I might have him #1 at WW
    Your last sentence is why you guys need to cut the high risk, low reward crap.

If Brook wins this fight, he'll be at the very least top 2, and should have no problem getting any ww he wants afterwards.

It's a high risk high reward fight for both fighters.

Comment

• Awesome ! I want the Texan to obliterate Brook !! Not quick but a KO by 9

Comment

• good fight !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
          Regardless of the outcome Kell Brook - even with his past soft touches - is the ballsiest fighter on the planet right now.

Moved up two weight classes to face the boogeyman himself and made no excuses following the loss. Now he takes a high risk, low reward fight that true boxing fans know will be a competitive fight.

If Brook wins in impressive fashion I might have him #1 at WW

he would have to fight the Thurman/Garcia winner..... but yea, you're probably right

Comment

• Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
            Your last sentence is why you guys need to cut the high risk, low reward crap.

If Brook wins this fight, he'll be at the very least top 2, and should have no problem getting any ww he wants afterwards.

It's a high risk high reward fight for both fighters.
            Well the issue is no current WW has a clear place at #1. At MW it is clearly GGG. At JMW it is clearly Canelo. At JWW it is clearly Crawford. At LHW it is clearly Ward/Kovalev. These guys have all taken on the best competition and won those fights.

Thurman has a meh resume although it's getting better especially of late, Ghost, Porter, and now Garcia. Bradley is still at the weight and he will always be among the top while he's active. The same can be said for Poochman even if he pretends to be a politician and fight plumbers from Australia.

Although Brook doesn't have the strongest resume he's beaten the C level guys the way he should and he won a close, but decisive fight against Porter...and it was a fresher version of Porter than Thurman fight - Brook also won more clearly than Thurman.

If Brook wins decisively against Spence I would give him #1 and put Thurman/Garcia at #2, especially if it's Thurman. If Garcia wins it's a weaker #2 tbh

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              Me mate Danny C says poofters travel out Grimsby because it's lowkey

I asked him why didn't he snap a selfie...he told me no cameras allowed, club policy..from my very limited knowledge of the gay scene, they prohibit cameras because there are a lot of men still in the closet.

To be hoesnt fella, i'd rather beat my roger over Skype than get a machete to the leg by a gay married man... just sayin
              Stop referring to this imaginary friend "Danny". It's patently obvious that you've made him up to cover for your own exploits around the gay scene of Grimsby.

"Danny goes to gay clubs in Grimsby" ... "Danny saw Kell out" ... "Danny wants to suck off half the guys on this forum" lol

Seriously, just stop. It's transparent and embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Just found a round trip flight for $799. Who's gonna let me sleep on their couch if I go? LacedUp ?
                I don't live in the UK, but if I get tickets I'll meet you after the fight

Comment

• I'm picking Brook to win but i hope we don't get excuses if he loses especially about the weight.

He's had 37 professional fights now and must know his own body better than anyone and has a very experienced team around him. If he feels he can stay at 147 then it means weight isn't an issue or excuse.

Comment

• I say Spence KO:
                    Both don't have great defense but Spence's is better.
                    Both are offensive but Spence is more powerful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      Just found a round trip flight for $799. Who's gonna let me sleep on their couch if I go? LacedUp ?
                      You can stay at my place, but i do quite often have little Asian ladyboys hanging around, if that doesn't bother you..

or maybe that's a selling point?

Comment

Working...
                      X