Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Golovkin is Asking For More Than He Deserves!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
    I'll answer, but bare with me. Because Money will be coming from everywhere, all over the world. Well over 100m. And before you discount it, hear me out.

A common misunderstanding (not that you don't know) is how fights generate money. Canelo will bring a huge portion of ppv on his own. Fights he has with little known guys like Lara and Smith did around 300k. When he fought Cotto he had another star, did 900k. Now I can't imagine manynof those fans not buying.

And GGG will bring some fans who'd pay for his biggest fight. Along with the media hype as the biggest fight in boxing, I can see it doing 1m or more.

However, that alone isn't all the money. 15% of the Floyd/Manny profit came from international sales. Manny brought in Asia. Golovkin is huge in Europe.

That fight brought in $50 million from foreign tv rights. Maybe that's 8% of the 600m it made.

Brook versus GGG was aired all over. 6 million worldwide viewers for a ten o'clock am Central USA time fight.

Canelo is huge in the Latinand Hispanic part of the world.

Additionally, TV rights will come with sponsorship money. Canelo has his own brand and Tecate. GGG is signed by Jordan, Apple and Tecate (who just did a huge advert campaign). GGG has has Samsung abroad. All of them will want to be seen somewhere.

We never know exactly how much comes from these places, but it is a lot. In a fight this size, this much media hype. Last time the fight was poseible, Google and social media was buzzing.

This fight will have a huge worldwide audience, and it will be sold as an old times battle of real fighters. They'll sell it as boxing comeback fight from Floyd/Manny.

Plus products and Gate sakes.

So it's possible it can bring in 200m, and after everyone's cut the fighters could get 100m. That's 15%. I think it does much more.

But say it doesn't, then wouldn't Canelo be saving money by splitting it with ggg 70/30. If the fight only brings in 60m. By the time fighters get it they'd be splitting 40. That'd be 28m for Canelo 12m. Something like that.

De La Hoya is betting it is much bigger, giving GGG 15m is a gamble it brings in a lot.
    Allot of what you said makes sense. I won't argue with you on that. Maybe I am wrong and it is a lowball offer.... If I'm wrong I'll admit it. No shame in it. I also think that the deal for Canelo-ggg isn't done cause they are waiting for both guys fights with chavez and Jacobs to compare ppv buys. Maybe golden boy will offer a percentage after they compare ppv numbers...

Comment

• Is there a source were the 15 million dollar offer was confirmed by Golden boy? I thought it was just a figure given by rafael?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
        Hey Ginger Boy, DiBella just confirmed that your PPV buys are all much lower than advertised. GGG has all the belts, you got nothing except casual Mexicans, the rest of the world is behind GGG. Fair split or get lost and stay the laughing stock of Mexico. All the real Mexican boxingfans already laugh at you and make fun of you.
        And your gonna go by what Dibella says??
        He wasn't involved in the fight in any way, shape, or form so how would he know??
        I can tell your one of them gullible people that believe everything they hear. If I tell you your wife is cheating on you you'd probably go and beat her ass without having any proof.
        **** off with that **** you ****ing lame!

Comment

• How can Canelo demand how much the champ GGG earns????

What the hell is going on when a mex like Canelo can tell the Champ GGG what the commie will earn when they meet up??? Shouldn't the Champion call the shots? Canelo should have little say in the financials of the fight. Boxing has no leadership and Boxing is a joke run by greedy seedy lying promoters. Boxing organizations have no balls and are yes men to the promoters. Boxing is more a joke than anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
            Sure they can refuse it all they want but there is no incentive for Canelo or GBP to offer anything different. BBB side can refuse $15 million flat and instead go make $2-3 million per fight as there are no other big money PPV fights for him. While Canelo can fight a number of different guys and make the majority of the money for the next decade.
            They have no leverage to force what their team thinks is fair. They take what's offered or they don't get the fight.
            Sure, and in the meantime GGG rules the Middleweights and Canelo will have to go find some safe haven outside of the Middleweight division. GGG is the kingpin and Canelo will have to run back to 155. GGG has all the leverage as to who the best middleweight in the world is, and the right to decide what is a fair offer and if that is a split percent then that is what it is.

Comment

• Golovkin beggin lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Gillie View Post
                I understand that logic but why not take "short" money (even though it would still be his biggest payday to date) this time and with a victory, guarantee never to be the b side again? At this rate, Canelo won't budge, and GGG is the one who is seeking that legacy defining, big name to shut all his critics up. If the fight doesn't happen, it will hurt GGG a lot more that Canelo in the long run.
                I don't know about that. GGG has gone farther than he could have dreamt. Canelo was preordained as the next face of boxing but his numbers are suffering and he's something of a laughing stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Half of the PPV revenue goes to HBO and the cable distributors. And from there, the promoters have to get their taste on the event too.

$70m turns to $35m, which turns to $25m (cost of the event plus the promoter's share), of which Golovkin is taking $10m-$15m.

In what world is the fair share for a fighter who's only PPV event did $7m at the gate, 40% of the entire pot? lol
                  Funny how you laugh and break it down but when Floyd fights you claim he made $200 million when in reality it's more like $40

Comment

• Originally posted by observer View Post
                    Guys, stop this already.

It's not Canelo's place to offer GGG flat fee.

So, he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. A Mexican with red hair. Had a boxing crazy nation behind him. Had the luxury of creating his own weight class.

That gives him the right to invite Golovkin into the ring after KO-ing a chinny ex-lightweight and then drop the belt? Disrespect Golovkin by giving him a fixed fee for the biggest fight in boxing?

Stop counting Golovkin's money and years left in his boxing life.

Golovkin won't accept a flat fee for this fight. And he's prepared to let the fight go over this. And he's right.

For Golovkin the recognition is worth more than the money. That's his currency. Pay him his due and make the fight.
                    How much did canelo make on the mayweather fight???

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                      As good above 147 is he? What has Brook done above 147 that makes him as good as Canelo?
                      Do you understand the concept of Pound for Pound?
                      Want me to link a website for you?

I'll answer again: BROOK IS AS SKILLED AS CANELO.

SUGAR RAY LEONARD IS AS SKILLED AS ALI.

****ing dunce.

Comment

Working...
                      X