Teddy Atlas on why he doesn't have gg top 10 but has Loma #1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    Kind of dumb how he includes Spence but not gg
    This, I had no problem with it, untilk I read Spence Jr.

I'm a GGG fan but never had him TOP 5 P4P, you obviously must rate guys like Mickey, Loma, Rigo, Kova, Roman over him.

Spence jr inside the top 20 P4P is a joke, let alone P4P top 10.

GGG in his whole boxing career (ams + pro days) has beaten 7 pro world champions (Brook, Bute, Direll, Ouma, Geale, Lee, Lemieux).

Spence has beaten one, ALgieri.

Yet, they rate him over him....

Comment

"GGG may be too big and too strong for Canelo"

Except ggg weighs less than canelo in the ring...
      I guess Atlas fell for that catchweight ducking nonsense without looking up the numbers

If golovkin beat canelo its because he's a p4p better fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        Atlas is the biggest attention whore in boxing. And the competition is fierce.
        This. Every week on FNF he would climb up on a soapbox.

If there was a mildly close decision in a 8 round fight, he treated it like it was the seven plagues. Funny, tho, I never heard of him ever achieving anything close to a reform of boxing, even tho he cried about it every week.

And his work in the corner... I guess some boxers like or need all that drama. Man shut up and give some constructive instructions. Not all this "your firemen ancestors are watching you."

Comment

Koval, Ward and Thurman in front of Roman? Ridiculous!

Spence has not been around long enough to me!

I don't like a "top ten" when grading the p4p king!
          There's only one p4p King second and sixth are last to me.

TBE and ATG and p4p King is Sugar Ray Robinson! (no one close)

Currently Loma, Rigo, Roman and Crawford coming on are very close when looking at skill set. Roman has a bit more experience
          but he will have a tough time simular to Rigo as he moves up in weight. Both of them are very small after one or two moves up.
          Lomo & Crawford have the height and length to be successful as they move up.
          All of them are easily the most talented fighters in the game.
          Koval and GGG are not in their talent circle, they are strong men who have never fought equally strong men.
          Koval has his chance coming soon and GGG will be in with a guy who can punch, we'll see.

Ray

Comment

I find any P4P list pretty useless to begin with.

Apparently even moreso when Teddy Atlas makes one.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post

I'm a GGG fan but never had him TOP 5 P4P, you obviously must rate guys like Mickey, Loma, Rigo, Kova, Roman over him.

GGG in his whole boxing career (ams + pro days) has beaten 7 pro world champions (Brook, Bute, Direll, Ouma, Geale, Lee, Lemieux).

Not fair at all to give gg credit for the amateurs

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                Atlas is the biggest attention whore in boxing. And the competition is fierce.
                Excellent description :ANYWORD:

Comment

Teddy's knowledge in the sport isn't that high I doubt he watches much of the sport outside of the US so I wouldn't take him seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                    Having Spence on there, Golovkin not on there, and Thurman higher than Gonzalez are the immediate stand outs to me.
                    Yep definite case of doesn't follow all the names in the sport I honestly believe he is just playing eenie meenie miny mo with a bunch of P4P names he has heard of and a bunch of guys who he does watch i.e Thurman and Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post

I agree, spence has yet to even beat a contender and people are claiming him the next floyd mayweather. Teddy atlas is pure hate

Comment

Working...
                      X