No announcement yet.

Teddy Atlas on why he doesn't have gg top 10 but has Loma #1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    He must rate a win over bundu pretty ****ing high if he has thurman 4th and spence 10th. Thats probably the worst pound for pound list ive ever seen, and i saw isaac clarkes list yesterday...
    said the guy that doesnt have andre ward top 10. ok

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Wait, what? I'm obviously not up to date but Atlas has LOVED Golovkin and talked about him among the very best p4p fighters last I checked. When the hell did that change?
      he must have started watching dontaes boxing nation...

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        said the guy that doesnt have andre ward top 10. ok
        i have him 5th.

Comment

Having Spence on there, Golovkin not on there, and Thurman higher than Gonzalez are the immediate stand outs to me.

Comment

I can buy his justification and it is his opinion, but tough basically to put Spence on at the expense of Golovkin since Teddy himself said Golovkin was 11.

I get the eyeball aspect of it but going by his criteria I can certainly make a much stronger case for Golovkin and since he himself said he thinks Golovkin is very good it is not like Spence should really be able to make up that much ground.

If he would have had Mikey Garcia 10 I think his point would be more valid, still a tough case to make but he is at least highly proven.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Come on, Dunn, if someone among a group of boxing writers leaves Gennady Golovkin entirely off a top 10 p4p list, that needs to be explained. NSB is NSB, Atlas is supposed to actually know boxing.
              Atlas points out the response these men gave him. "like I talked about their mothers". Is that rational to you Bojangles?

If you have an issue with his list, fine, thats understandable. Asking him to explain himself is utterly ridiculous.

Not including GGG in a top 10 p4p list doesn't mean you don't know boxing. It just means you don't think he is top 10.

Why is this wrong?
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-02-2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I have zero idea, why everybody buzzes off Lomachenko? as fighter he resembles a decathlete. A decathlete, is an track and field athlete who is good at most sporting disciplines, but a master of none! Golovkin is master of punching power, and offensive attack (That is why his performances are more profound!) I honestly believe that Jorge Linares would beat Lomachenko, because of his hand speed! and he also produces more punching power........

Listen Lomachenko is a very good fighter, but there is just something missing! the real great fighters always have at-least 1 great attribute! and sometimes the attributes are not perceptually clear, but they are their operating inside of the ring.

Comment

GGG has done more than Spence, and their resumes will only move wider apart when GGG obliterates Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                    I have zero idea, why everybody buzzes off Lomachenko? as fighter he resembles a decathlete. A decathlete, is an track and field athlete who is good at most sporting disciplines, but a master of none! Golovkin is master of punching power, and offensive attack (That is why his performances are more profound!) I honestly believe that Jorge Linares would beat Lomachenko, because of his hand speed! and he also produces more punching power........

Listen Lomachenko is a very good fighter, but there is just something missing! the real great fighters always have at-least 1 great attribute! and sometimes the attributes are not perceptually clear, but they are their operating inside of the ring.
                    That's the buety of lomachenko he's actually the master of everything, he doesn't just have quickness he's got the total package, dude will flat out embarrass world class fighters and frustrate them so bad they quit, he's clearly a unique talent and if you cant see that well boxing just isn't your thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      He must rate a win over bundu pretty ****ing high if he has thurman 4th and spence 10th. Thats probably the worst pound for pound list ive ever seen, and i saw isaac clarkes list yesterday...
                      You have Golovkin, Lomachenko and Kovalev as the top 3. We all know what your list is based on and it's not resume/skill.

Comment

Working...
                      X