Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ring is ignoring its own rules when it comes to Canelo...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    Lineal doesn't exist, but is recognised by almost every boxing publication/site/media.

It doesn't exist because my fighter isn't recognised.
    this right here should end the thread, no point on further discussion...

Comment

Lineal doesn't exist, but is recognised by almost every boxing publication/site/media.

It doesn't exist because my fighter isn't recognised.
      My favourite fighter is Tyson Fury. Do you ever see me writing dumb shit like .. . "Fury is the lineal HW champ doe. AJ and Wlad selling out Wembley stadium for the IBF and WBA belts doesn't mean Jack .."

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
        this right here should end the thread, no point on further discussion...
        You're even more scared of GGG than Oscar and Eddy Rey Fatso are!

Comment

Only simpletons or huggers/haters end their analysis with lineal

Yes, the lineal title exists, as a concept. Its just one way of recognizing who is the best, who is the man in a division.

And sometimes the lineal title is a joke, like here.

OK, then, tell me how impressive Canelo's middleweight reign has been. Cotto was a good enough win, even though Cotto had hijacked MW and turned it into the CottoWeight title. If Canelo followed that up with a mediocre top 15 MW defense (wouldn't even need to be a good MW contender), I would still recognize him as MW champ.

Instead, it will be since Nov. 2015 with zero valid defenses. The Khan fight was barely passable as a catchweight fight, but it was a farce as a MW defense.

Tell me Im wrong and that Canelo's MW reign is in any way impressive. You can't, so you just cover your ears and repeat "but he's lineal"

Comment

Let me put it this way, aside from possessing "the lineal title", describe to me how Canelo is THE MAN at Middleweight.

lol, it would be fairly pathetic.

"He beat Cotto at Caneloweight" (ok, good start).
            "He then defended against that recognized Middleweight contender Amir Khan. Also at CaneloWeight. Fought the weakest strapholder at Jr, MW. And now he's gonna fight Jr., who used to be a pretty good contender at Middleweight, but he got fat and pretty much sucks, so they're fighting at Jr. CheeseburgerWeight."

An incredible 20 month reign at Middleweight (and that's assuming he fights a MW in September).

Wow, that is one for the record books.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              You're even more scared of GGG than Oscar and Eddy Rey Fatso are!
              scared of what?? im waiting on ggg to take canelos offer so we can all watch the fight, all of you ggg cherleadears need to go to your heros social media and demand for this fight... ask your hero to give you one meaningfull fight for once in his career , you deserve better...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                The middleweight championship has not been defended at 160lbs for nearly four years.
                That's funny.

Canelo-Khan 155 lbs.
                Canelo-Cotto 155 lbs.
                Cotto-Geale 157 lbs.
                Cotto-Martinez 159 lbs.
                Martinez-Murray 160 lbs. April 2013

Wow.

Comment

That means permanently moves.

People so desperate for Golovkin to be given a title without beating the champion, AGAIN.

Chad Dawson was still LHW champ after fighting Ward at SMW.
                  Pavlik was still MW champ after fighting Hopkins at LHW.
                  Mayweather was still WW champ after fighting DLH at LMW.
                  Hatton was still LWW champ after fighting Mayweather at WW.
                  JMM was still LW champ after moving up to fight both Mayweather and Pacquiao.
                  What constitutes a permanent move? Does he have to retire at the weight he moved to? If he plans to come back in 2 years is it ok? Either way, going by their rules, he has til may to schedule a fight at mw.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                    scared of what?? im waiting on ggg to take canelos offer so we can all watch the fight
                    And we would still have to wait till Sept to watch the fight even if GGG had accepted the offer when it was first made last August!

If you want to GGG vs Canelo so bad, then complain about the guy who has been stalling and delaying it for 2 fucking years, not the guy who has been ready to go since day one.

Comment

we have confirmed emails of golden boy and a ring ****zine writer conspiring to write hit pieces on their enemies.

golden boy bought ring ****zine to turn it into a propaganda machine. ring ****zine has zero credibility and the ring title means less than the WBU at this point (german version).

if UFC bought sports illustrated and every article was about how great UFC is and talking **** about bellator, any reasonable person would just stop taking sports illustrated seriously.

yet boxing fans are so ****ing ****** that the same thing happens and they completely fall for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X