Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ring is ignoring its own rules when it comes to Canelo...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herr Schmeling View Post
    THE RING’s Nos. 1 and 2 contenders fight one another.
    If the Nos. 1 and 2 contenders chose not to fight one another and either of them fights No. 3, No. 4 or No. 5, the winner may be awarded THE RING belt if the Editorial Board deems the contenders worthy. Here are the seven situations in which a champion can lose his belt:
    The Champion loses a fight in the weight class in which he is champion.
    The Champion moves to another weight class.

The Champion does not schedule a fight in any weight class for 18 months.
    The Champion does not schedule a fight at his championship weight for 18 months (even if he fights at another weight).
    The Champion does not schedule a fight with a Top-5 contender from any weight class for two years.
    The Champion retires.
    The Champion tests positive for a performance-enhancing substance.

Canelo first moved to 154 and is now going to fight at 168.
    Remove the name of that once-venerated ****zine from your lexicon; under Oscar De La Hoya, the blurb has reverted to basically being Golden Boy ****zine, with no real effort placed on the objective focus of what Ring ****zine use to stand for.

Comment

No they ain't. This ain't new they have done this with literally tons of fighters who have moved up or down in weight to grab a title. Most famous example was Floyd. He won the belt at 154 at catchweight of 152. But for 2 years after that he never defended the belt at 154 and fought all his fights at 147 (welterweight). But he retained his Ring Status at 154 until he finally retired. But prior to that he held rankings at both Welterweight and Jr Middleweight simultaneously. Also why would Ring vacate him when he hasn't permanently moved weight? That's the key they like most of the belt organizations allow for interim fights outside that weight class. According to their rules he has 18 months to schedule a fight and 2 years to schedule a fight with a top 5 ranked Middlweight if not then he is stripped just like what happened to Stevenson. But neither has occurred so he remains champ. They kept Floyd all the way up to the 2 years under exact same situation.

And only an idiot would say he has permanently moved weight when he made an offer to fight GGG at 160 just last year and the both sides are negotiating a fight this sept at 160. If by doesn't fight a top fighter at 160 by the end of this year he is stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
        permanent move son....let GGG earn the damn title in the ring for once damn
        GGG fans are the worst crying because he doesn't have the Ring belt and want him to be awarded it for no damn reason. Just like some idiots arguing GGG vs Jacobs should be for lineal status. It's like do you idiots even know what lineal means? Forget Ring Belt Canelo is still the lineal middleweight champ and GGG can't get that until he beats Canelo in the ring. If you got a beef with Ring and how they do business find another example because they literally did the same thing with Floyd and Oscar and Floyd hate each other but he retained his belt the full 2 years without fighting at 154. And GGG fanboys stop crying that GGG can't win another belt outside the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by pacphobia View Post
          Golovkin will be the lineal middleweight champion eventually so why the rush?
          bc GGG has very little left to prove at MW, IMO, and should be moving up. I think he beats Canelo. Jacobs is also a good test, and, as my thread states, is for THE MW title. I had really hoped to see GGG finish his business @ MW and challenge Ward.

I would say that the Ring is stretching the eff out its Rules. Since Nov. 2015, he's fought a WW @ Jr. CaneloWeight, then @ Jr. MW, now at Jr. Cheeseburger Weight. His claim to lineage is a joke.

I wouldn't be so harsh on Canhellno if he hadn't called GGG into the Ring -- and embarrassed all us paisanos with his BS about "we Mexicans don't eff around."

Comment

Originally posted by SensFullViolenc View Post
            bc GGG has very little left to prove at MW, IMO, and should be moving up. I think he beats Canelo. Jacobs is also a good test, and, as my thread states, is for THE MW title. I had really hoped to see GGG finish his business @ MW and challenge Ward.

I would say that the Ring is stretching the eff out its Rules. Since Nov. 2015, he's fought a WW @ Jr. CaneloWeight, then @ Jr. MW, now at Jr. Cheeseburger Weight. His claim to lineage is a joke.

I wouldn't be so harsh on Canhellno if he hadn't called GGG into the Ring -- and embarrassed all us paisanos with his BS about "we Mexicans don't eff around."
            The MW title that doesn't exist.

Comment

Anyways, I don't really care about the Ring, or lineal, or any ABC titles. They are there so people who don't follow boxing can be told who is champ.

I have a brain and I can tell you that MW championship has been vacated by Canelo. March 18 the #1 MW (GGG) fights the #2 MW (Jacobs). The winner is THE MW champ.

Canelo is the CaneloWeight Champ.

Comment

Anyways, I don't really care about the Ring, or lineal, or any ABC titles. They are there so people who don't follow boxing can be told who is champ.

I have a brain and I can tell you that MW championship has been vacated by Canelo. March 18 the #1 MW (GGG) fights the #2 MW (Jacobs). The winner is THE MW champ.

Canelo is the CaneloWeight Champ.
                How many people recognise the SensFullViolenc MW title?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  That's irrelevant. The Ring's rules say that if a fighter moves to another division he loses their lineal title. Canelo moved to SWW and said "I'm not a MW"

That's about as clear cut a move as you can get. If Canelo wasn't a GBP fighter he wouldn't be the Ring MW champion right now.
                  He said "I'm not a MW" when he fought Khan at 155. So technically he did not actually moved down to SWW. It was a MW fight so no rules were broken. When he fought Smith at SWW, he said that would be his last fight at 154 making his intention clear it wasn't a permanent move.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    The MW title that doesn't exist.
                    It's as legit as the Ring or lineal or the ABCs.

Keep accepting without question or analysis whatever you're told is right, its a very nice attribute to have in children and lower-level workers.

Comment

It's as legit as the Ring or lineal or the ABCs.

Keep accepting without question or analysis whatever you're told is right, its a very nice attribute to have in children and lower-level workers.
                      No it isn't. Nobody recognises the SensFullViolenc MW title, apart from you.

Comment

Working...
                      X