No announcement yet.

Aggressive Wlad Klitschko vs Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggressive Wlad Klitschko vs Anthony Joshua

Let's say Wlad musters up enough courage to go all out with a Pre-brewster style...

What happens?

it wont happen...

Comment

Then he opens himself up for Joshua to take advantage of. It's not exactly wise to be aggressive against AJ.

Comment

Styles make fights. Against a mobile, taller opponent, he needed to be aggressive and catch Fury in an exchange.

Against similar size/smaller power puncher, he needs to do what he's been doing for 10 years.

Comment

Wlad is done.

For the sake of argument, Prime Wlad knocks Juicehua out cold

Comment

AJ kos him if wladimir tries to get too aggressive. Wladimir is going there for survival and a paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              AJ kos him if wladimir tries to get too aggressive. Wladimir is going there for survival and a paycheck.
              pretty much, i hope he just goes at him in the first couple of round's and goes out on his shield, is it better or worse than seeing a gunshy 41 year old former champion clinch on for dear life while he get's pummulled to a TKO or DQ loss?

Comment

I think people have given Fury a little too much credit.

I think Klitschko will lose this fight. Age + huge inactivity vs a pretty explosive fighter who is close to his size.

I hope he proves me wrong though.

Comment

He does tend to be more aggressive vs taller opponents, but not massively so. He mostly has to fight more vs them because he cant clinch so easily.

I expect to see largely the same Wlad who dominated the division for so many years. He will prod and poke with the jab, drop right hands when it is safe to do so, and try to catch AJ off guard with his vicious left hook.

If Joshua tries to box vs Klitschko like he did mostly vs Brezeale i would not be surprised at all to see him starched on the canvas. He doesnt have the depth in his game to fight a slower paced fight vs an OG like Wlad. He has to be aggressive imo, push the pace, dont let Klit tie him up and make Wlad uncomfortable from the outset.

Comment

Should Wlad turn up motivated and willing to throw punches, we will learn what AJ is made of.

Should AJ handle Wlad accordingly, he will cement himself as the #1 guy in the sport.

I don't believe Wlad has found the fountain of youth though - and while I will be cheering for him, I expect him to be beaten into retirement.

Comment

Working...
                    X