Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Judge Rules Against Golden Boy in Its Lawsuit Against Al Haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

De La Cocoa about DUI off a cliff real quick. He stay losing and his little ESPN 2 joint will fail becasue no one wants to see his washed cast of misfits lol

Comment

Al Haymon vs Golden Boy, Top Rank, Roc Nation, K2, Main Events. In other words Showtime vs HBO, who will win?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Two lawsuits. One settled before getting this far. This one was dismissed without even going to trial. It's over. Time to work together. Let's move on.
        All GB has is Canelo. Milk as much money as Haymon fighters can get for fighting him and ignore the other guys. No need to work with GB outside of that they have nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Two lawsuits. One settled before getting this far. This one was dismissed without even going to trial. It's over. Time to work together. Let's move on.
          "you come at the king; you best not miss". Oscar De La Hoya took his shot, and now he's going to have to deal with the receipt.

No idea who negotiated Alvarez's new deal, but I hope that, after seeing Oscar flake out of his biggest fight ever, I'd hope that some key-man provisions (if Oscar relapses, Alvarez has the right to void the deal for a price) were put into place to protect Alvarez.

Don't be shocked to hear whispers about Haymon finding a way to get into contact with Eddie/Chepo Reynoso to peep them on game.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            "you come at the king; you best not miss". Oscar De La Hoya took his shot, and now he's going to have to deal with the receipt.

No idea who negotiated Alvarez's new deal, but I hope that, after seeing Oscar flake out of his biggest fight ever, I'd hope that some key-man provisions (if Oscar relapses, Alvarez has the right to void the deal for a price) were put into place to protect Alvarez.

Don't be shocked to hear whispers about Haymon finding a way to get into contact with Eddie/Chepo Reynoso to peep them on game.
            According to Chavez Sr, Canelo is basically running his own promotions. He may not need Golden Boy soon

Surprisingly Chavez blames all the demands on Canelo himself, alleviating Oscar De La Hoya of any guilt. “Look this is where I found out Oscar De La Hoya with all due respect, he’s my friend and I appreciate him, but the truth is De La Hoya has no voice and no vote,” Chavez Sr told ESPN A Los Golpes. “Here Canelo calls the shots.”
            http://boxingego.com/chavez-sr-de-la...o-calls-shots/

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
              I assume GBP will appeal because it seems pretty obvious Haymon is not abiding by the Ali Act or potentially even anti-trust provisions. What he and Schaefer did to Oscar just does not seem ethical or legal to me, and of course those two things are usually supposed to line up, but in both or even either case, I don't think what they did was ethical or legal, and an appeals judge could see that. Maybe GBP just needs better lawyers or something because their case would seem to be very strong, so not sure why it got thrown out?

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                Al Haymon vs Golden Boy, Top Rank, Roc Nation, K2, Main Events. In other words Showtime vs HBO, who will win?
                Considering al haymon completely squandered this once in a lifetime opportunity and frittered away 5/6 of the 500 million and also hasnt gotten any networks to bite on pbc with its low ratings its safe to assume pbc is on its last legs hanging by a thread while top rank has consistently put on the biggest and best fights for over 50 years. Top rank by itself is doing millions of times better than pbc is right now

Comment

Emails and the "N" word

Those "n****r" emails came back to haunt ol' fishnet.

Poor Oscar...this is the type of s**t that will drive you to drink.

(Cue rimshot...I'm here all week!)

Comment

Al Haymon WINS AGAIN.
                    hahahahahahhahaha!
                    i told these stupid ass "reddit" nerds foh corny ass vampires

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                      al: oscar's drunk again...

judge: i'm done!
                      So true. This falls under being ugly in the sight of the law.

Comment

Working...
                      X