Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Judge Rules Against Golden Boy in Its Lawsuit Against Al Haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Judge Rules Against Golden Boy in Its Lawsuit Against Al Haymon

A California federal judge issued a summary judgment Thursday against Golden Boy Promotions in its $300 million federal lawsuit against Al Haymon, the hedge fund that has financed Haymon's "Premier Boxing Champions" series and Haymon's affiliated businesses.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      They could bring it exactly the same but they would likely be wasting their time and money because it did get dismissed for a reason, so either they need to figure out a new angle with it or find a much friendlier judge to their cause.

GBP should focus on their product though Haymon can't hurt them much anymore, so time for them to move on and handle their business.
      Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      thank for the info. lord this might not be over lol
      I agree with Gambler. After two years of this. A Top Rank and Golden Boy lawsuit Do you feel like we still don't know anything about Haymon/PBC? I found out a lot more about the way Golden Boy does business than the way Haymon does business.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        A California federal judge issued a summary judgment Thursday against Golden Boy Promotions in its $300 million federal lawsuit against Al Haymon, the hedge fund that has financed Haymon's "Premier Boxing Champions" series and Haymon's affiliated businesses.

[Click Here To Read More]

damn, 2 bad L's in one week

tough being a multimillionaire ex-superstar boxing promoter

Haymon would have expected/planned for a certain amount of legal turmoil when establishing PBC, he likely got off much lighter than expected.

Comment

Time To Move On

Look at the end of the day. PBC and Golden Boy Promotions are needed for boxing to get back to mainstream.

I have always found it interesting that Golden Boy Promotions was trying to sue Al Haymon yet they have done what 5 or more fights within a 12 month span together ?

Oscar got a big network deal with ESPN, and this is the most critical year for PBC because I believe this is the year a lot of their time buys run there course.

Both need to thrive, let their past issues go, and move forward to making fights us fans want to see.

Comment

I assume GBP will appeal because it seems pretty obvious Haymon is not abiding by the Ali Act or potentially even anti-trust provisions. What he and Schaefer did to Oscar just does not seem ethical or legal to me, and of course those two things are usually supposed to line up, but in both or even either case, I don't think what they did was ethical or legal, and an appeals judge could see that. Maybe GBP just needs better lawyers or something because their case would seem to be very strong, so not sure why it got thrown out?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
              I assume GBP will appeal because it seems pretty obvious Haymon is not abiding by the Ali Act or potentially even anti-trust provisions. What he and Schaefer did to Oscar just does not seem ethical or legal to me, and of course those two things are usually supposed to line up, but in both or even either case, I don't think what they did was ethical or legal, and an appeals judge could see that. Maybe GBP just needs better lawyers or something because their case would seem to be very strong, so not sure why it got thrown out?
              Two lawsuits. One settled before getting this far. This one was dismissed without even going to trial. It's over. Time to work together. Let's move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                Give it a rest butt hurt motherfugga, Schaefer was out for a year after lawsuit was settled and they give cokehead some cash it's done find something else to fuss about

Comment

al: oscar's drunk again...

judge: i'm done!

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                    al: oscar's drunk again...

judge: i'm done!

Comment

And the peasants go wild

Comment

Working...
                      X