Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Andre Ward honor the contract and rematch Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Andre Ward honor the contract and rematch Kovalev?

Or is Andre Ward a man without honor and integrity who pretends to be a Christian?

It's been two months now, and Ward and his management have not returned the calls from Main Events.
    No, he will not
    34.67%
    Yes, he will
    34.67%
    I'm not sure
    30.67%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by The Hammer; 01-26-2017, 01:15 PM.

This is isn't hard to figure out. If people want the rematch then of course SOG needs more than the initial 5 million.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      This is isn't hard to figure out. If people want the rematch then of course SOG needs more than the initial 5 million.
      No he doesn't, the revenue generated does not justify the 5 mil he got let alone a pay rise in the rematch.

Ward needs to honour the rematch clause and whatever terms were stated in it. If he dips out of the rematch then that's a travesty and I'll lose a lot of respect for him.

Comment

I think if the first fight was a success financially they'd be prepping the rematch right now no later than this Summer. But being it flopped heavy on PPV, Ward now wanting more of a guaranteed purse and HBO seemingly not jumping hurdles to make it, I'm kinda 60/40 of it not happening, at least within this year.

When you look at what's available for either guy not fighting one another, the only fight to me outside of a Kovalev rematch for Ward is fighting Stevenson for all the belts. But Stevenson's track record isn't of him taking leaps to fight the best. As far as I know, Ward doesn't have an obligation to HBO so if the Kovalev rematch doesn't materialize then that should be the fight. Kovalev is in a tough spot being he's strapped down to HBO. The Beterbiev fight would be good considering their actual beef w/ one another but I also don't see that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
          No he doesn't, the revenue generated does not justify the 5 mil he got let alone a pay rise in the rematch.

Ward needs to honour the rematch clause and whatever terms were stated in it. If he dips out of the rematch then that's a travesty and I'll lose a lot of respect for him.
          He won the fight....if boxing can't influence north of 5million for people really wanting the rematch how is that his problem. If he feels he won the close fight then that's fine with me.

Comment

andre ward is a man without honour. The rematch will not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              Or is Andre Ward a man without honor and integrity who pretends to be a Christian?

It's been two months now, and Ward and his management have not returned the calls from Main Events.
              Kovalev was arrested in Florida in 2012 for stealing a cell phone.

What kind of honor does that trash have??

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                andre ward is a man without honour. The rematch will not happen.
                As if you know anything about honor.

If the rematch happens you'll sucking on one of these again

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Kovalev was arrested in Florida in 2012 for stealing a cell phone.

What kind of honor does that trash have??
                  That's a lie. If it were true, he would have been deported.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                    He won the fight....if boxing can't influence north of 5million for people really wanting the rematch how is that his problem. If he feels he won the close fight then that's fine with me.

I thought he won also BUT the vast majority thought he didn't and that should not sit right with any fighting man. When Floyd had fights similar to this he ran it back IMMEDIATELY and won those fights without controversy. That's what Andre should be looking to do instead of talking about retirement at 32.

Ward asking for money that is not available is putting up a roadblock and that will not and should not slide with any boxing fan whether you like him or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X