Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Andre Ward honor the contract and rematch Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
    I thought he won also BUT the vast majority thought he didn't and that should not sit right with any fighting man. When Floyd had fights similar to this he ran it back IMMEDIATELY and won those fights without controversy. That's what Andre should be looking to do instead of talking about retirement at 32.

Ward asking for money that is not available is putting up a roadblock and that will not and should not slide with any boxing fan whether you like him or not.
    did you watch the second maidana fight? he clinched the entire fight and should have been dq'd. i would say that is controversial.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      Kovalev was arrested in Florida in 2012 for stealing a cell phone.

What kind of honor does that trash have??
      Sometimes I wonder who is behind their keyboard..I have been looking and looking for the Kovalev arrest you mentioned and I cant find anything..Link?

Comment

C'mon people, this is basic and obvious. Ward will not honor the rematch, and he will use $$$ as the excuse. He's a man of his times.

Everything he's said since the match makes it clear.
        1. He thinks he won the fight
        2. So now he's the "A side." It's his right to make negotiations hard for Kovalev.
        3. And anyway, he's considering retiring.

So there you go. He's like Canelo, all those guys, Cotto: He doesn't have to fight if he doesn't want to. Who cares about "contracts."

This is Boxing Business 101 in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
          Sometimes I wonder who is behind their keyboard..I have been looking and looking for the Kovalev arrest you mentioned and I cant find anything..Link?
          kigali has alternate facts like trump.

Comment

The rematch would do twice the numbers cause of the controversy and if you look at google trends both their popularities doubled after the fight. So no the numbers and money aren't the problem, problem is Andre doesn't want it cause he knows he got his ass beat and he might not get another gift.
            Last edited by A.K; 01-26-2017, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Also kigali lives in a fantasy world and spreads his fantasies/ lies around cause he can't comprehend reality, cell phone incident? Lol he probably got bullied by some Russian for his own phone and projected his hate towards kovalev that boa a weirdo.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                I thought he won also BUT the vast majority thought he didn't and that should not sit right with any fighting man. When Floyd had fights similar to this he ran it back IMMEDIATELY and won those fights without controversy. That's what Andre should be looking to do instead of talking about retirement at 32.

Ward asking for money that is not available is putting up a roadblock and that will not and should not slide with any boxing fan whether you like him or not.
                Well first, it's only been 2 months since the fight. The Castillo 2 bout were 7 months apart. There're still plenty of time to announce the rematch. Let the parties continue to work out the negotiations. You as well as others are saying 5million to begin with was not justified. Unless you're running a Gold Medalist and Air Jordan athlete for the longest like Roc Nation, then that's up to them how they want to invest, own, and brand their fighters. I mean Roc Nation receives revenues from the music industry that are completely separate from boxing protocol, so Ward making 5million is who's concern? How is that Ward's fault?

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                  Also kigali lives in a fantasy world and spreads his fantasies/ lies around cause he can't comprehend reality, cell phone incident? Lol he probably got bullied by some Russian for his own phone and projected his hate towards kovalev that boa a weirdo.
                  Some American Brother must have rolled his eyes at you...you've been terrified ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
                    You didn't really look did you?

http://www.dailybulletin.com/article...NEWS/110717650

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                      Well first, it's only been 2 months since the fight. The Castillo 2 bout were 7 months apart. There're still plenty of time to announce the rematch. Let the parties continue to work out the negotiations. You as well as others are saying 5million to begin with was not justified. Unless you're running a Gold Medalist and Air Jordan athlete for the longest like Roc Nation, then that's up to them how they want to invest, own, and brand their fighters. I mean Roc Nation receives revenues from the music industry that are completely separate from boxing protocol, so Ward making 5million is who's concern? How is that Ward's fault?
                      Roc Nation probably lost money on that fight, therefore the 5 million was not justified. That's how business works.

I don't care how much Ward gets but if he starts saying the fight won't happen because he's not getting whatever amount he's asking for then as a fan I will be disappointed in him. I'm not his accountant, I don't watch boxing to see my favourite fighter get paid what he wants, I watch it to see my favourite fighters fight the best opponents.

The fight simply doesn't generate the money that would justify what Ward is asking for! ..... this is why boxing is in the dumpster, fighters are overpaid. Stop cheerleading bro, if Golovkin was asking for 5 million to fight Jacobs you'd be singing a different tune.

Comment

Working...
                      X