Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will ESPN Cancel the Deal with GBP SInce ODH got the DUI?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killakali View Post
    It doesn't matter. Eric Gomez runs the day to day operations as president. Its like if Adam Silver or Roger Goodell had 3 DUI's. ESPN wouldn't cancel the NBA or NFL. I don't even think they could if they wanted to.

Plus this is a time buy. They were happy with the deal
    I see your points but it feels different to me. Gomez doesn't do the on Tv promoting and interviews that ODH does. ODH may just be the face of the company, but if that image is compromised, then it might not want the negative attention.

But most seem to agree with you nothing will be done.

Comment

terrible concern trolling by you chump. 1/10

Comment

He got a DUI he didn't murder someone you people are stupid like he drives a truck or Bus for a living. Get a life

Comment

Nothing's going to happen.

What a stupid thread from a stupid person

Comment

If I was ESPN I would have DLH as a commentator while drinking whiskey live.
            Numbers would go over the roof.

Stop hypocrisy, it is now the time to be decadent! LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              This is a serious question. I know I am known as an ODH hater and make many jokes about him.

This is now the third time ODH has had a relapse/incident right before a big card he is promoting.

Instead of being able to answer questions and promote the brand, ODH is going to need serious time off to get help with his addiction.

Do you think ESPN will cancel or alter the recently signed deal with GBP in light of this situation?
              What addiction are you talking about, mr detective?

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post

I didn't want to say it but... you did.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post

That was one of the choices, I hope you voted in the poll.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    What addiction are you talking about, mr detective?
                    http://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/201...than-any-bout/

The addiction to alcohol and drugs he went to rehab for previously. Where have you been?

I hope you answered the poll question.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      His company should be enough to keep him away from alcohol and drugs, he shouldn't have too much time on his hands to be able to get himself on drugs and drinking again.
                      I don't think Oscar is a guy who really wants to promote is the thing. I think he'd love to have another Slick Richie type guy actually running the daily tasks of GBP. I'm of the opinion now their is someone doing exactly that and that's why this espn2 deal got made with all those side programming ideas that I think are genius and what pbc should have done.

I think it's hard for some people who have competed at a high level in sports to adapt back to "regular life" (as real life as Oscar's life is to the real life of the average person). I'd bet that's at least part of the problem Oscar has that he needs to figure out. His mom dying when he was still young might have something to do with it to. The pain people have over things that happened in their life can last their lifetime sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                      X