Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will ESPN Cancel the Deal with GBP SInce ODH got the DUI?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
    ESPN helped promote the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight even with the domestic violence history of Mayweather.

They did have one program that actually mentioned it, but mostly ignored it.

If they do anything to address DLH's DUI, may they ask him a question about it on camera....but canceling business deals over it? Seems unlikely.

But...WE KNOW YOU'D LIKE ESPN TO CANCEL IT.
    Ok, most people think nothing as well.

Ok. why do you say that? I watch GBP shows on HBO, FS1 and the spanish networks.

When the deal was announced I was more than happy, same as I was when TR announced they were doing TV shows. here is the thread below announcing the deal

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=734563

Below is my 1st post in the thread, the 4th post made

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Great news. Some Sat cards and cards on Wed, Thurs and Friday.
    Why would I want ESPN to cancel it?
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 01-26-2017, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Ok. why do you say that? I watch GBP shows on FS! and the spanish networks.

When the deal was announced I was more than happy, same as I was when TR announced they were doing TV shows. here is the thread below

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=734563

Below is my 1st post in the thread, the 4th post made
      Because you don't start a thread like this unless you have a rooting interest in it.

Sorry dude, you exposed yourself.

Comment

A lot of espn staff has dui's like jalen rose and a few others, if its not effecting money it's not a issue for espn.

Comment

Because you don't start a thread like this unless you have a rooting interest in it.

Sorry dude, you exposed yourself.
          Again, why would I have a rooting interest in ESPN canceling the program. We know I don't like ODH. We also know that I support his shows on other platforms. Why would I want him off ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes?

Comment

Again, why would I have a rooting interest in ESPN canceling the program. We know I don't like ODH. We also know that I support his shows on other platforms. Why would I want him off ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes?
            There you go.

Comment

There you go.
              I explained that in the opening post for anyone that didn't know so posters have complete context. I offer fair choices, starting with nothing.

I also didn't like him when I weighed in on the thread yesterday whenI said I was happy they got the deal, same thing I posted in the thread when he got the FS1 deal.

I can separate my dislike for ODH from my desire to watch boxing.

Comment

http://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/201...than-any-bout/

The addiction to alcohol and drugs he went to rehab for previously. Where have you been?

I hope you answered the poll question.
                I didn't know that he was also addicted to alcohol. Sad.

Hope he solves it.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                  A lot of espn staff has dui's like jalen rose and a few others, if its not effecting money it's not a issue for espn.
                  Great point about Jalen Rose's DUI I just did a quick google search and it's crazy the amount of ESPN on air personalities have been busted with DUI while hired by ESPN so many guys I forgot about. These Radio/TV ESPN guys have been popped and clearly they did nothing about it. ESPN could care less.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    I didn't know that he was also addicted to alcohol. Sad.

Hope he solves it.
                    As I said in the initial post this is a serious thread. As much as I dump on ODH, I wasn't doing that here.

He has a legitimate problem that needs long term care. I think its fair to ask if ESPN is concerned or might take action given this has happened 3 times during fight week buildup.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                      Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Great point about Jalen Rose's DUI I just did a quick google search and it's crazy the amount of ESPN on air personalities have been busted with DUI while hired by ESPN so many guys I forgot about. These Radio/TV ESPN guys have been popped and clearly they did nothing about it. ESPN could care less.
                      Maybe I worded it wrong.

I am not suggesting ESPN punish him because of the DUI. I am wondering if they will cancel the deal because this is the 3rd time he had alcohol or drug related problems during the buildup to a big fight.

Is there a risk he does this again and can't be available for promotional responsibilities.

Comment

Working...
                      X