No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Premium Strengths - The HBO vs. Showtime Viewership Battle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K View Post
    If you want to count cbs as showtime then hbo ppvs counts as well .
    HBO PPVS last year were garbage if you want to count those. Kov/Ward was the only legit one and that was a boring fight. All the others were complete garbage mismatches

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
      HBO PPVS last year were garbage if you want to count those. Kov/Ward was the only legit one and that was a boring fight. All the others were complete garbage mismatches
      Crawford pascal looked good on paper and it just proved Crawfords brilliance, kov ward was the first big fight made in years, hbo won last year deal with it.

Comment

Crawford pascal looked good on paper and it just proved Crawfords brilliance, kov ward was the first big fight made in years, hbo won last year deal with it.
        Crawford v. Postol was an okay fight on paper. But we all knew it was a mismatch in reality b/c Postol only beat Matthysse.

-Matthysse was incredibly over hyped for one win against Peterson. (He has no other solid wins on his record, just fought a lot of quality fighters, and don't give me Provodnikov as a solid win b/c he's a another "glorified" fighter who's best wins are against Castillo/Corley; Maybe Alvarado?)

Ward/Kov was a beast fight though (It just had a really bad buy rate unfortunately)

I think last year overall the CBS/Showtime slate was definitely better from a competitive standpoint. HBO had some ridiculous mismatches that were sold to the public.
        Last edited by Butch.McRae; 01-26-2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

I'n not talking ratings cause hbo will always take that with their subscribers substantially larger, but just the qaulity of fights they had edged showtime, pbc has hurt showtime cards tho.
          True but they did put on some GOOD fights!!!Last year. I think they finally realize it's sink or SWIM! We get Cruz/Frampton II AND Thurman/Garcia the 1st QTR alone!!!!!!!!

Charlo/Williams
          Mares/ Cueller
          Santa Cruz / Frampton
          Thurman / Porter
          Charlo / Trout
          Spence/Algieri lol
          Frampton/Quigg

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            Crawford v. Postol was an okay fight on paper. But we all knew it was a mismatch in reality b/c Postol only beat Matthysse.

-Matthysse was incredibly over hyped for one win against Peterson. (He has no other solid wins on his record, just fought a lot of quality fighters, and don't give me Provodnikov as a solid win b/c he's a another "glorified" fighter who's best wins are against Castillo/Corley; Maybe Alvarado?)

Ward/Kov was a beast fight though (It just had a really bad buy rate unfortunately)

I think last year overall the CBS/Showtime slate was definitely better from a competitive standpoint. HBO had some ridiculous mismatches that were sold to the public.
            No. I agree it looked good on paper...And I bought the fight. The fight SUKED though but I'm not gonna play Monday armchair QB. Everyone has a better game plan/fight afterwords.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              Is this your ALT to get back at anyone who laughed at your Mike D85 account??? Wow!!! You REALLY fooled us??
              Yeah, I'm gonna go through the trouble of making another account and name it the same, lmao.

No, that Mike D ain't me.

Comment

We recently switched cable providers because we moved. As a result, we have Showtime instead of HBO and I couldn't be happier. HBO's been pissing me off the past few years. Last year was a let down overall, this year doesn't seem too much better, maybe even worse.

Why do I always feel like HBO always puts stupid fights on PPV? Last year they put Crawford - Pastol. Good fight, but nowhere near PPV status. Canelo - Khan. Why? Wasn't going to be competitive. Canelo - Liam. Why? I understand they're trying to feature their star, but save the PPV's for the superfights. Canelo - Cotto, that was a superfight type fight. Ward - Kovalev, while the numbers sucked, was PPV worthy.

Canelo - Chavez makes sense I give them that. Canelo doesn't have to be on PPV every time he fights.

Comment

Working...
                X