Showtime's front line stars

- Thurman
    - Garcia
    - Stevenson
    - Charlo (Jermall)
    - Frampton
    - Santa Cruz
    - Mares

There's also an outside chance Pacquiao could also end up on the Showtime roster for a few fights
    Showtime has Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua, with the likely possibility that HBO's hardball tactics likely bringing Andre Ward over too.

You add the sheer depth of talent that Haymon is going to pass to Showtime, and it's not even close.

The heavyweight division is on the cusp of a major resurgence, with near all of the most promising talent available to Showtime (Andy Ruiz, an aging Wladimir Klitschko, and possibly Joseph Parker being the only fighters tied elsewhere).

lol

Comment

There's no question that for 2017 the best fights on the schedule so far are from Showtime.

The one good card that HBO has they decided to be dicks about it and put it head-to-head against an already announced show this weekend. Instead of picking any of the countless other dates when boxing goes dark.

As a fan of the sport I honestly don't feel that HBO is serving my best interests at the moment.
      Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 01-26-2017, 01:57 PM.

Comment

HBO won the last two years I feel showtime won in 2013 and 14 tho, this year should be good showtime looking like it has the better cards first quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          HBO won the last two years I feel showtime won in 2013 and 14 tho, this year should be good showtime looking like it has the better cards first quarter.
          How did HBO win the last 2 years?? And don't count PPV's. Because you DONT have to have HBO or SHOWTIME to watch PPV fights...

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            There's no question that for 2017 the best fights on the schedule so far are from Showtime.

The one good card that HBO has they decided to be dicks about it and put it head-to-head against an already announced show this weekend. Instead of picking any of the countless other dates when boxing goes dark.

As a fan of the sport I honestly don't feel that HBO is serving my best interests at the moment.
            That was fkn STUPID because it's an actual decent card. But gets BLOWN out by the Showtime card.

Comment

Showtime's 1st quarter schedule is murking HBO's by a country mile. HBO's focus for 2017 seems to be on the shoulders of both GGG and Canelo with the "hopes" of both guys fighting one another in September. But again, with all of the great fights Showtime is putting together they still have less viewership than HBO. It also further cements why Boxing isn't at the forefront of the Sports world where the majority of the better fights are on the 2nd tier Cable Network and the lead Network relying solely on PPV for their more marquee fights. You essentially have to pay in some fashion to watch top quality Boxing which in 2017 I find ridiculous. Thank God for streaming boxes, otherwise I'd be watching less and less Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                How did HBO win the last 2 years?? And don't count PPV's. Because you DONT have to have HBO or SHOWTIME to watch PPV fights...
                I'n not talking ratings cause hbo will always take that with their subscribers substantially larger, but just the qaulity of fights they had edged showtime, pbc has hurt showtime cards tho.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                  I'n not talking ratings cause hbo will always take that with their subscribers substantially larger, but just the qaulity of fights they had edged showtime, pbc has hurt showtime cards tho.
                  There was only 3 good bouts put on by HBO last year. Salido/Vargas, Cuadras/Chocolatito, Loma/Walters. The rest were all mismatches or show case fights for Kovalev, Ward, GGG, and Crawford.

Showtime gaves us Mares/Cuellar, Charlo/JRock, LSC/Frmapton, Thurman/Porter(Via CBS), Jack,Bute,

I think Showtime was better last year.

Comment

SHO is killing HBO this year in terms of quality...and everybody in boxing knows it.

Will be curious what happens with that SHO schedule later this year when the PBC has more cards.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                      There was only 3 good bouts put on by HBO last year. Salido/Vargas, Cuadras/Chocolatito, Loma/Walters. The rest were all mismatches or show case fights for Kovalev, Ward, GGG, and Crawford.

Showtime gaves us Mares/Cuellar, Charlo/JRock, LSC/Frmapton, Thurman/Porter(Via CBS), Jack,Bute,

I think Showtime was better last year.
                      If you want to count cbs as showtime then hbo ppvs counts as well .

Comment

Working...
                      X