No announcement yet.

Why is that a lot of Lara fans say.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    He still hit angilo accurately even to force him to quit. And it was a small as ring but since you're the 2nd biggest gg dicckrider you cant see it

knowing that styles make fights, and that a smaller, poor man's golovkin had lara on the ropes and eating body shots and breaking down makes me a fanboy?

you guys are genuinely not worth my time.

Comment

Erislandy Lara has fans? Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
        I know compubox(and I hate using these stats) isn't the end all when it comes to discussing a fight. With that, according to them... Angulo landed 20% of his shots in comparison to 42% for Lara. Lara doubled up on him. I'm not missing much with Lara-GGG. I, like many on here understand and know GGG is a different animal. If I'm able to figure that out, don't you think Lara would be able to do so as well? Angulo was throwing over 70 punches per round.. I don't think GGG comes close to that. Again, I'd have to look at his compubox numbers, but I could easily be wrong in that assessment.

I just find it crazy to think that people(NOT SAYING YOU BECAUSE I HONESTLY HAVE NOT READ 1 OF YOUR POSTS REGARDING THESE TWO BEFORE THIS THREAD) that Lara won't be throwing anything back at GGG. Lara is one of the best counter punchers in his division. He's one of the best in the game at that period. So Lara got dropped... OK.. He made this guy turn his back during the round and quit. Surely that had a lot to do w/ the counter lefts, the power and the accuracy that Angulo got put on him by Lara.

Angulo did not systematically do much in this fight. If anyone was systematically broken, it was the guy that knew he was defeated. How this is even a discussion is beyond me. Matter of fact, you and I can re-watch this and re-score it. Goodness, GGG is not a flawless fighter, the dude was getting countered, beaten to the punch and lost a couple rounds to a smaller, less powerful fighter in Brook.

I don't even like bringing up those fights because of the simple fact that styles make fights. Again, I think Lara has a far greater chance than most fighters at 154 or 160 with GGG. Will he defeat him? IMO, NO. Can he, of course. He has the tools and capabilities of doing so. GGG was getting hit a lot more than Lara was when he faced off against Brook

you guys just don't watch enough of lara's fights. he can be made to shell up and eat shots on the ropes. he does not fight well inside. he counters effectively only from the center of the ring, and after he's done he goes to the ropes if you chase him there. freddy hernandez, angulo, vanes, all got lara on the ropes and stationary enough to land on his body. angulo had a lot of success. he didn't just drop lara. he cut off the ring and had him on the ropes. he set everything up without a quarter of the tools golovkin has.

when has lara fought thebest MW puncher on the planet?
        when has he fought oneof the best jabbers in teh sport?
        when has lara distanced himself from anybody but the shlubs and a shot paul williams or an offensively impotent trout?
        the guy was neck and neck with carlos molina and needed a rematch with vanes martyrosian. golovkin probably knocks into next week everybody on that resume, including alvarez.

canelo is not a pressure fighter, but he had lara running to the ropes and eating body shots to the point that he gave up a fight that it looked like he could have won.

lara's people call golovkin out every time he signs a fight. then in interviews they will go through hoops to explain why they have not reached out to the netwroks, loeffler, or haymon for the fight. don't you think that's strange? watch the luis decubas interviews if you have to. they're just pandering to the golovkin haters and trying to build publcity. it's working i uguess. lara draws little and makes a lot of money for some reason or another.
        Last edited by New England; 01-25-2017, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          you guys just don't watch enough of lara's fights. he can be made to shell up and eat shots on the ropes. he does not fight well inside. he counters effectively only from the center of the ring, and after he's done he goes to the ropes if you chase him there. freddy hernandez, angulo, vanes, all got lara on the ropes and stationary enough to land on his body. angulo had a lot of success. he didn't just drop lara. he cut off the ring and had him on the ropes. he set everything up without a quarter of the tools golovkin has.

when has lara fought thebest MW puncher on the planet?
          when has he fought oneof the best jabbers in teh sport?
          when has lara distanced himself from anybody but the shlubs and a shot paul williams or an offensively impotent trout?
          the guy was neck and neck with carlos molina and needed a rematch with vanes martyrosian. golovkin probably knocks into next week everybody on that resume, including alvarez.

canelo is not a pressure fighter, but he had lara running to the ropes and eating body shots to the point that he gave up a fight that it looked like he could have won.

lara's people call golovkin out every time he signs a fight. then in interviews they will go through hoops to explain why they have not reached out to the netwroks, loeffler, or haymon for the fight. don't you think that's strange? watch the luis decubas interviews if you have to. they're just pandering to the golovkin haters and trying to build publcity. it's working i uguess. lara draws little and makes a lot of money for some reason or another.
          Don't watch enough? How much of Lara do I need to watch, in your opinion to further this discussion? I've watched him since his Boone fight. I've seen the Cuban card on FNF years ago when he fought with Yudel Jhonson and Yordanis Despaigne on the card. You're here talking about fighters that put him on the rope, touched the body, put in work, yet lost the fight. Angulo, quit. Vanes in their first fight should have lost, in my opinion. Hernandez the same. This is boxing, people fight back. People bring different strategies and attacks against an opponent. I can go through some fights of Golovkin I've never watched and dissect it. Whether it be Brook, Ouma, Monroe.. all these guys laid leather on GGG, am I not to believe that a better fighter in Lara can't do the same and have better success?

Nonetheless, I don't get the calling out of type of opponents Lara has faced when we can go look at ggg's resume and do the same exact thing. He fought a shot fighter in Ishida who came into the fight losing 2 in a row. One of those losses was to a SHOT fighter in Paul Williams. Gabriel Rosado, took care of him in 7. A fighter who Angulo got out in less than 2. Wade who was on house arrest or something crazy like that. Couldn't even make it to his local gym. Monroe who was on an ESPN2 reality boxing show before his fight with Golovkin..Honestly, if we want to talk about quality of opposition and getting hit by that opposition, we can do this song and dance all day long. Up to you.

I don't care for Lara's people.. I am giving you an opinion. My opinion that Lara would be one of his best challenges out there. Lara just called him out after his last fight.. He doesn't have a fight on the line. Lara has made it known with his own words he wants the fight. If he doesn't, then K2 should call his bluff and see if the man is for real or not. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
            They're not Lara's fans. Lara has no fans.

They're GGG haters and that's the answer to your question.
            I have been a fan of Lara since before he outboxed Canelo.

I think I first took note of him when he got robbed against PWill.
            Last edited by Ganondorf; 01-25-2017, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
              Don't watch enough? How much of Lara do I need to watch, in your opinion to further this discussion? I've watched him since his Boone fight. I've seen the Cuban card on FNF years ago when he fought with Yudel Jhonson and Yordanis Despaigne on the card. You're here talking about fighters that put him on the rope, touched the body, put in work, yet lost the fight. Angulo, quit. Vanes in their first fight should have lost, in my opinion. Hernandez the same. This is boxing, people fight back. People bring different strategies and attacks against an opponent. I can go through some fights of Golovkin I've never watched and dissect it. Whether it be Brook, Ouma, Monroe.. all these guys laid leather on GGG, am I not to believe that a better fighter in Lara can't do the same and have better success?

Nonetheless, I don't get the calling out of type of opponents Lara has faced when we can go look at ggg's resume and do the same exact thing. He fought a shot fighter in Ishida who came into the fight losing 2 in a row. One of those losses was to a SHOT fighter in Paul Williams. Gabriel Rosado, took care of him in 7. A fighter who Angulo got out in less than 2. Wade who was on house arrest or something crazy like that. Couldn't even make it to his local gym. Monroe who was on an ESPN2 reality boxing show before his fight with Golovkin..Honestly, if we want to talk about quality of opposition and getting hit by that opposition, we can do this song and dance all day long. Up to you.

I don't care for Lara's people.. I am giving you an opinion. My opinion that Lara would be one of his best challenges out there. Lara just called him out after his last fight.. He doesn't have a fight on the line. Lara has made it known with his own words he wants the fight. If he doesn't, then K2 should call his bluff and see if the man is for real or not. Simple.

you clearly dont understand the difference between domninating lesser opposition the way golovkin has, and having your stylistic flaws that will play right into golovkin's strenghts being exposed, the way we have seen with lara

styles make fights! golovkin is going to have trouble with guys who punch with him and back him up. he's there to be hit. lara is going to have trouble with guys who back him up. he's been backed up before by much lesser opposition, the big one being alfredo angulo getting hiim on the ropes for long enough to work the body. so did hernanez. so did vanes. so did canelo.

you might not know boxng enough to udnerstand that lara will not finish the fight if he's on the ropes and eating body shots against golovkin. lara is a front runner. once a front runner slows down enough you have the fight in hand. golovkin will slow him down, because we've seen lesser guys with similar but crude styles and less offensive potency do it. why would lara be on the ropes against angulo?

and i don't think you even know who lara's people are, or you'd know that they don't want this fight and never have. they call golovkin's people out when golovkin has a contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                This is what I don't get. People act like he took an L against Angulo. He got up off the canvas and stopped Angulo. If this were any other fighter he'd be called a warrior. The guy has fought everybody with a B.S. loss against Wiliams and a controversial loss against Canelo. I can't for the life of me understand why GGG fans are so opposed to this fight. GGG will most likely win but it would be a great gauging of his skills against a top level fighter and common opponent of Canelo.
                no GGG fan is opposed to this fight, they just stated the obvious about lara, he only talks when he or GGG has a fight signed and when GGG beats him no one here will give him any credit, lara would be another undersized opponent like brook.

me particulary would love to see it, just to see GGG brutally stopped lara and shut him and his manager up once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  no GGG fan is opposed to this fight, they just stated the obvious about lara, he only talks when he or GGG has a fight signed and when GGG beats him no one here will give him any credit, lara would be another undersized opponent like brook.

me particulary would love to see it, just to see GGG brutally stopped lara and shut him and his manager up once and for all.
                  Lara has been asking to fight GGG since 2013, before GGG was well known. Loeffler told him to go fight Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    you clearly dont understand the difference between domninating lesser opposition the way golovkin has, and having your stylistic flaws that will play right into golovkin's strenghts being exposed, the way we have seen with lara

styles make fights! golovkin is going to have trouble with guys who punch with him and back him up. he's there to be hit. lara is going to have trouble with guys who back him up. he's been backed up before by much lesser opposition, the big one being alfredo angulo getting hiim on the ropes for long enough to work the body. so did hernanez. so did vanes. so did canelo.

you might not know boxng enough to udnerstand that lara will not finish the fight if he's on the ropes and eating body shots against golovkin. lara is a front runner. once a front runner slows down enough you have the fight in hand. golovkin will slow him down, because we've seen lesser guys with similar but crude styles and less offensive potency do it. why would lara be on the ropes against angulo?

and i don't think you even know who lara's people are, or you'd know that they don't want this fight and never have. they call golovkin's people out when golovkin has a contract.

What I find most ammusing about your paragraphs here is that you come from a mindset of only the other guy has flaws. Your guy might, but he can overwhelm and overcome higher quality opposition because, well, you like him. No disrespect, but I think I understand that Lara, against the ropes or not, has finished his fights as the winner. Not too sure how that's a bad thing. Not too sure why he's being portrayed to be something he isn't by you. I get that Angulo isnt GGG. However, who on ggg's resume is even up to par with Lara? Skills wise, length, counterpunching, defense, power, ring IQ? Who? There's no one on that list that would even come close to him if we were to rate them on different variations of skills from 1-10. We can, though. I would love your take on that.

I think you're intellect or what you seem to believe in terms of Lara not finishing a fight is intriguing. I mean, he's been on the ropes to the guys you mentioned. Yet, finished those fights. I'm trying to look for a clear loss on his record. I didn't see one with Angulo(who quit 1 round after he scored a KD) Didn't see it against Hernandez or Vanes. So you're choosing fights where Lara won. How you can say, "well yeah they backed him up, he won't finish a fight vs ggg." is truly beyond me. Maybe I am missing something here.

In your vast knowledge of the game, I'm seeing that GGG will **** away when Lara's on the ropes. Luckily for GGG, I'm assuming Lara will fold, not throw back, nor move laterally or even throw an uppercut here and there to change his angles up during his punches or while he moves away from Golovkin's offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      This is what I don't get. People act like he took an L against Angulo. He got up off the canvas and stopped Angulo. If this were any other fighter he'd be called a warrior. The guy has fought everybody with a B.S. loss against Wiliams and a controversial loss against Canelo. I can't for the life of me understand why GGG fans are so opposed to this fight. GGG will most likely win but it would be a great gauging of his skills against a top level fighter and common opponent of Canelo.
                      GGG fans do not oppose to this fight. It is a myth that is spread by GGG haters.

Comment

Working...
                      X