Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angel Garcia, Mayweather Tarnished What Should've Been Good Week for Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Angel Garcia, Mayweather Tarnished What Should've Been Good Week for Boxing

By Keith Idec - NEW YORK This should've been a completely positive week for boxing, a time for those involved in this heavily scrutinized sport to feel more optimistic than usual about its immediate future. Last Saturday's card at Barclays Center included a highly competitive, fun fight between super middleweight champions James DeGale and Badou Jack, a star-making performance from 22-year-old super featherweight Gervonta Davis in the first fight Showtime televised...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great article.I'm not a Floyd hater but saying you're betting on a fight you're promoting than suggesting the fix is in? A bad look for a good card

Comment

agreed..................

Comment

Is the article really implying that there isn't corrupt judging in boxing? The only irony is in Floyd calling it out when the corruption in boxing has protected him for years. Regardless, Jack clearly won the fight, but maybe the judges protected the money, which in this case means all those fights in the U.K. Degale can make now. Typical.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          Is the article really implying that there isn't corrupt judging in boxing? The only irony is in Floyd calling it out when the corruption in boxing has protected him for years. Regardless, Jack clearly won the fight, but maybe the judges protected the money, which in this case means all those fights in the U.K. Degale can make now. Typical.
          I agree with your post for the most part but I'd really like for you to elaborate on that part for me if you care to.

Comment

Angel Garcia's antics were way over the top and uncalled for, Jack got robbed though and it's been a part of boxing since its very early days. We've seen a lot of politically motivated robberies in this game and Jack himself has been the victim of 2 of them in 2 back to back fights against 2 of the best of his division, if these were wins his career would've been different and I can't blame Floyd for standing up for his fighter.

We can't be silent on robberies because of fear that the casuals will turn away from the sport if we talked about it, someone needs to talk about robberies and people in charge should be punished for their mistakes, until this sport gets regulated by the federal goverment we will continue to witness these hard working young men get robbed all the time.

Comment

Agree with Keith on this. Garcia was bang out of order. What's worse is the people defending his use of the N word, "Oh but he's not white...he's black...". Danny's "Trump has said worse" also shows he's a spineless airhead with no personality. I hope Thurman puts a hurting on Danny.

Comment

I disagree. Mayweather's comment are good for the sport because he is still the face of boxing and he's bringing to light an issue that has tainted boxing for decades. It'll never get remedied if nobody ever speaks up. I say bravo to Mayweather. Now we need more figureheads of the sport to speak up. A closed mouth doesn't get fed.

Comment

Working...
                X